Make more PEDs with Entropia Life - here's how

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
Since the start of Entropia Universe (or, well - Project Entropia) there has been two ways of selling minerals if you, as I, are a lazy miner.

First has been auction house, and the second has been directly to a merchant.
The merchant would then take your minerals and sell them to the crafters.

Obviously the merchant took a percentage of the sales as his/her commission for the service - as well as the auction house took a percentage for the listing.

You could walk around in the trading hubs yelling "Selling mineral X" and hope a crafter who needed those minerals would stop by. Or - you could know a crafter.

Again, if you were lazy as me - you just sold either via auction or to a merchant.

With the unique position Entropia Life is in where we gather data from the auction house as well as log all globals - and the recent addition of categorizing all blueprints we can show you something interesting....

We can provide you with a daily PDF containing all the crafters who are using specific minerals. This way you can, via the player register, ask the top crafters for a given mineral if they would like to buy your minerals.
We can also, in the PED, show you what the estimated market need is for a given mineral based on sales in the last week - as well as the current sale and "no sale" markups on the various minerals.

This PDF will be sent to your mail box each morning containing stats from the last 3 days.

You can see an example of the PDF here:
http://www.entropialife.com/pdf/finance.pdf

For a limited time we can sign you up for a "trial run" of this PDF for free. If you sign up now, you will get a months worth of PDF's (30) for free.

Once this time has passed, we will start charging for the PDF's ... but we are a little unsure about what we should charge for it.
So, comments or suggestions about the price of the PDF ... as well as the content.. are most welcome.

And, if you want the PDF in you mail box.. please let me know. :)

Very interesting concept :cool:

Lovely...
... You made the game even more fun and everything better!!
Please Sign me up for an Trial Run. :wtg:
My Email is: [COLOR="#FF0000"]removed[/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea. How are you collecting auction info?

Expiring auctions from the various clientloaders (one clientloader per planet) .. so we can show you markup from "Auction tracker" on Entropia Life.. per planet.. which is more accurate than ingame... :)

Expiring auctions from the various clientloaders (one clientloader per planet) .. so we can show you markup from "Auction tracker" on Entropia Life.. per planet.. which is more accurate than ingame... :)

Might be more accurate than in-game MV since that is often skewed upwards, but there is a problem in that ignores buyouts. I sell 90% of my ores via buyout, so I imagine your sales volume will be significantly off. And since buyouts are generally higher priced than non-buyout auctions, I'm guessing your MU will be a little lower than reality. But not by much, maybe 2% on high volume auctions, with a bigger difference the lower the sales volume.

I'm not sure I'd say that, since it ignores buyouts.... I sell 90% of my ores via buyout. These are generally higher than successful non-buyout auctions, so I'm guessing your MU will be a little lower than reality.

Perhaps... But if we take a common mineral like duru..

Here's the markups per planet
Caly: 114.40 %
RT: 114.05 %
NI: NA.
Ark: 125.00 %

So.. when MA gives you one number... it may be quite different from reality when you are on Ark compared to Caly... :)

1) Little question - "Opt Out" option will remove you from that list as well? (or there will be some additional option for that)

2) Looks like it bugged ATM or just don't support Unicode, in your sample I see "?????? ????? ???????", instead of correct avatar name (I don't use ET and don't plan to do that, so don't care if that will be fixed or not - just reporting bug, I notice :) )

Lovely...
... You made the game even more fun and everything better!!
Please Sign me up for an Trial Run. :wtg:
My Email is: [removed]
IMHO it's not best idea to post your e-mail on public forum, unless you miss some more spam inside ;)

1) Little question - "Opt Out" option will remove you from that list as well? (or there will be some additional option for that)

2) Looks like it bugged ATM or just don't support Unicode, in your sample I see "?????? ????? ???????", instead of correct avatar name (I don't use ET and don't plan to do that, so don't care if that will be fixed or not - just reporting bug, I notice :) )

I read the chat.log ... and the ???? ????? is what it says in the chat log... if you want to raise a bug.. do it with MA.. :) Sadly I can only read whats in the chat.log .. and I dont want to read single bytes and see if its unicode or whatever... Its a bug.. and its MA's bug.. :)

We can provide you with a daily PDF containing all the crafters who are using specific minerals. This way you can, via the player register, ask the top crafters for a given mineral if they would like to buy your minerals.
We can also, in the PED, show you what the estimated market need is for a given mineral based on sales in the last week - as well as the current sale and "no sale" markups on the various minerals.

This PDF will be sent to your mail box each morning containing stats from the last 3 days.

You can see an example of the PDF here:
http://www.entropialife.com/pdf/finance.pdf

Isn't this some kind of spying on some crafters

It is, but that exactly what whole ET doing.

Still hope to get reply on my question though:

It is, but that exactly what whole ET doing.

Still hope to get reply on my question though:
Im not sure if it will be the "hide my globals" opt out - or if it will be something else.
I need to speak with some of the crafters first. It could be that they dont want their globals shown.. but still want to be contacted directly by miners and get their minerals cheaper...

Or, vice versa... Globals are ok to show.. but they dont want to be on the "this is who needs this mineral list".

Also, spying usually imply that the observed party does not know they are being observed.. this is public info shown in the chat to everyone... :) We just mine the data so we can show you something interesting. :)

Perhaps... But if we take a common mineral like duru..

Here's the markups per planet
Caly: 114.40 %
RT: 114.05 %
NI: NA.
Ark: 125.00 %

So.. when MA gives you one number... it may be quite different from reality when you are on Ark compared to Caly... :)

Very true, I know at least one PP (and many players) have been asking MA to separate the official MVs by planet, but we all know how quickly MA implements requested features....

Not to be rude, but I have to turn something off in entropia life, otherwise I get spammed by a lot of players wanting to sell me 100 muscle oil they got off some punies?

You should turn it around.. you should make the pdf of crafters who have actively consented wanting to be on the pdf.

Im not sure if it will be the "hide my globals" opt out - or if it will be something else.
I need to speak with some of the crafters first. It could be that they dont want their globals shown.. but still want to be contacted directly by miners and get their minerals cheaper...

Or, vice versa... Globals are ok to show.. but they dont want to be on the "this is who needs this mineral list".

As you say, this is just info that anyone can gather themselves by looking at blueprint recipes and entropialife if they're dedicated enough. The only difference is that since your software is doing all the work (a significant amount), a lot more people could make use of the lists. I would say the two opt-outs should be completely separate (hide globals and hide in crafter lists). I'd imagine that most people don't want to hide their globals but I'm also thinking a lot of crafters will not welcome lots of random PMs from miners wanting to sell them 50 pec of lyst, but I guess charging for the service would prevent a lot of those frivolous PMs. I would be sure to make opting in or out free in any case.

About the price... I suppose some might appreciate a subscription-based system, miners who get a lot of minerals or even traders. Other users might get a tower and want to know which crafters would be able to take a large quantity at once, instead of breaking it into tiny chunks to sell on auction. They're probably not going to want a subscription, but a one-off pdf.

Last edited:
Not to be rude, but I have to turn something off in entropia life, otherwise I get spammed by a lot of players wanting to sell me 100 muscle oil they got off some punies?

You should turn it around.. you should make the pdf of crafters who have actively consented wanting to be on the pdf.

The PDF only contains the 10 crafters (for each mineral) that uses the most of the mineral.

But a long discussion about "private info" and "I dont want to be shown" is somewhat futile I think.
If we are painting a doomsday scenario - which apparently we like to do (!?!) ... One could argue.. "Why do you even play.." I mean.. If you play.. Mindark has made it so that if you get a loot over 50 PED (even lower for hunting some mobs now).. everyone will know what you did - because it in the chat log.. By your (no one in particular) logic this will mean that if newbie X know that level2 amp's use gazz.. and they have just found 2 pec of it.. they will go through hell and back in order to PM you several times per second asking if you want to buy their minerals.

If on the other hand we are a bit reasonable, we can assume that the people who will use this service is miners who does it for a living and is tired of selling their minerals below market price because they dont know who to sell to... And they dont like paying MindArk an auction fee. This will enable them to PM crafters and negotiate a steady supply of minerals.
Yes, granted - crafters will likely get some PM's .. but If I were a crafter and I normally bought gazz for 115% from a merchant.. but now you have 2 miners PM you daily/whenever .. asking if you want to pickup their gazz at 113%.. I wouldent be angry.. I would kind of like it...

When everything is said and done... This is public info.. We simply digest it and present it to you in a way so you dont have to sit browsing various wiki's, auction pages, entropia life pages, forums daily to know who needs what.. one pdf.. once per day.. keeps you updated...

And, going back to the newb who has looted 2 pec gazz.. Once we start charging for this pdf .. its not likely (imo) that newbs will use it.. only miners with a throughput that justify spending a little on a pdf will use it... imo...

With the unique position Entropia Life is in where we gather data from the auction house as well as log all globals - and the recent addition of categorizing all blueprints we can show you something interesting....

sorry but this looks like a kind of herrasment towards to crafters and unlawfull use of personal data.
its also the reason i dont trust any "side running monitoring" program ,,, they suck up all your personal data and your data is being used and show to everyone.

in this case they are actually pointing out that the seller can go to the player register and add the potential buyer as friend and pm them.
i don't think the crafters gave permision for this ?
nor do i think they wish to be over run by sellers in PM or in friend invites.

just my 2 pec's

another thing .......... this program with this feature is a direct interferance with the ingame economical situation... in other word economical manipulation.
shop owners and traders that trade in mineral will / might lose a lot as they get bypassed.
I think Mind Ark should really think about allowing these kind of programs yes or no and if yes they should make sure personal data can not be used for other things.

Last edited:
they suck up all your personal data and your data is being used and show to everyone

... lol.. please take off the tinfoil hat will you.

We do not show ANY personal info AT all.
All the data we are showing, we are getting from the PUBLIC chat.. So.. since you say its personal info.. I do honestly believe you should press legal charges against MindArk.. Im pretty sure its illegal to show personal info to everyone who play Entropia Universe...

Its actually quite simple how this works guys...

For those who say this is a bad thing, and that it imposes on privacy - please correct me where im wrong..
(im looking at you Sidney, Spawn and AxeMurderer)

From the ingame chat you can see:
- Who globals/Hof's on specific items.

From the wiki's (or blueprints on ingame-auction) you can see:
- Which minerals are used to craft which items.

So.. If you had 20 hours per day.. you could go through all items.. and make a list of which minerals they use.. You could then look at the chat.. and see person X is globalling on level 2 amps...

Please correct me where i'm wrong in this?

Im im not wrong anywhere in that, then what is the deal? .. We all agree that everyone can do it manually.. It would just take a very very long time.

Given the fact that I dont live in a world where "If you dont speak about it, it dident happen" - I would like to make things more efficient. So, if its possible to do manually.. Why not let a computer to all the "digging" (data mining)...

There is nothing private about this data. It is like looking at the cars on the road and after a day say "I saw 182 Fords today, and 211 VW's -- Better get some Ford and VW parts cuz, theres a lot of those cars on the road" ......

If you are ok with people just looking at the chat .. then you must be ok with them seeing which items are being created (globals)... If you are ok with that.. Then people can already do what my program does.. My program just does it more efficient..

We will not be adding an "Opt Out" here. My responses to the next posts should elaborate a bit more on this for you.

This PDF is simply going to compile the data that is already publicly available in game, in your personal chat.log files and on the site. So I would not consider this spying.

This is not a service to annoy, it is a tool for professionals. Were bouncing pricing ideas back and forth but have been hovering around the 100 PED mark for 30 day unlimited access to daily reports. This is only a justifiable expense for miners of at least a decent turnover rate that would like to save themselves some time watching manually looking up what blueprints use the mats they have currently, and identifying the crafters that make those items by watching the crafting globals scroll in game.

sorry but this looks like a kind of herrasment towards to crafters

Using the steps I mentioned in my response to Spawn, you can find out who to contact without or assistance, were simply providing an option. If people don't like to be contacted in game they always have the option of hiding themselves on the in game registry.

I think Mind Ark should really think about allowing these kind of programs yes or no and if yes they should make sure personal data can not be used for other things.

Something you should be aware of if you are not already. There are multiple sites that track globals in game, Entropia Life and our Entropia Tracker Client are the ONLY ones that are approved by MindArk (everything else is considered a violation of the EULA), and they have not taken to checking our systems and coding lightly. Were simply collecting what is already PUBLIC information and presenting it in a variety of formats in a safe and professional manner.

-----

We appreciate all criticism and have no quarrel with people questioning how we go about things, we respect your opinions and will continue to strive to provide UNEDITED, and ACCURATE data for everyone to use. If we start taking out bits and pieces of the data then we compromise the validity of all the information and tools available to you on our site.

Last edited:
A little bump for those who would like to sign up for a trial run of this pdf... :)

Its actually quite simple how this works guys...

For those who say this is a bad thing, and that it imposes on privacy - please correct me where im wrong..
(im looking at you Sidney, Spawn and AxeMurderer)

From the ingame chat you can see:
- Who globals/Hof's on specific items.

From the wiki's (or blueprints on ingame-auction) you can see:
- Which minerals are used to craft which items.

So.. If you had 20 hours per day.. you could go through all items.. and make a list of which minerals they use.. You could then look at the chat.. and see person X is globalling on level 2 amps...

Please correct me where i'm wrong in this?

Im im not wrong anywhere in that, then what is the deal? .. We all agree that everyone can do it manually.. It would just take a very very long time.

Given the fact that I dont live in a world where "If you dont speak about it, it dident happen" - I would like to make things more efficient. So, if its possible to do manually.. Why not let a computer to all the "digging" (data mining)...

There is nothing private about this data. It is like looking at the cars on the road and after a day say "I saw 182 Fords today, and 211 VW's -- Better get some Ford and VW parts cuz, theres a lot of those cars on the road" ......

If you are ok with people just looking at the chat .. then you must be ok with them seeing which items are being created (globals)... If you are ok with that.. Then people can already do what my program does.. My program just does it more efficient..

You are conveniently overlooking my other point, which is the " I don't want to get pm'ed by unknown players".
I don't care who sees my globals. If you like call centers then I applaud you.. I don't, I want to play a game.
I won't get pm'ed because I'm not the top 10 crafter, so fortunately this doesn't apply to me.

You are conveniently overlooking my other point, which is the " I don't want to get pm'ed by unknown players".
I don't care who sees my globals. If you like call centers then I applaud you.. I don't, I want to play a game.
I won't get pm'ed because I'm not the top 10 crafter, so fortunately this doesn't apply to me.

Good thing you can hide your self from the player register then. :)

Yay i am also on two of the lists in the example sheet!

Oh yeah
Great idea.. I need another addiction. Still wish someone would kick MA in shins on the pec markers I'm sic of splitting stacks. There is a hidden unfairness to it. Don't think anyone but me will see it my way though so.. I'll stop by saying Great Idea on the PDF's.. I'll name one of my children after you.. :scratch2:
:dunce::hammer::tapfinger

Good thing you can hide your self from the player register then. :)

Too bad I'm a mentor then. I'm out of this thread, I wish you the best of luck with your service, which does a lot of good to take out the middle-man and is good as whole for the universe, but has a real downside. It could be the other way around ( crafters actively consent to be on the pdf) and then it would be a whole lot more friendly.

Back