Ebn: The cdf needs you to help crack the code

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Jermaine Johansson: “You’re watching Entropia Breaking News. I’m your host, Jermaine Johansson.

Today’s top story: Decrypting the Encrypted Spatial Units.
Yesterday, CDF Ground Forces Commander Brigadier General de Souza joined us to ask the colony for help in finding robot spatial units, which would lead us to the whereabouts of the RX. Since then, several spatial units have been handed in to the CDF.

Now, the CDF has issued a statement saying that they need our help to decipher the code in the spatial units. Time is of the essence, so every able-brained colonist is needed. The following data has been extracted from the found spatial units:

ENCRYPTED SPATIAL UNIT ALPHA & BETA

1 1 0.2857 1 0.8571, 1 1.8 1 1 2.25

HJOQU, IMQVC

WARNING: ENCRYPTION FAILED
PROTOCOL ALPHA
CTR. COORD: 784MISSINGNO, 819MISSINGNO
RADIUS: 1152
ABORT PROTOCOL
PROTOCOL BETA
90 DEGREES, 1ST QUADRANT
DISTANCE MULTIPLE: 8
EXECUTE PROTOCOL

ENCRYPTED SPATIAL UNIT OMEGA

7 9 0 625 32, 8 64 64 16 3125

(EFADB) + B, (GGCAD) + A

WARNING: ENCRYPTION FAILED
PROTOCOL ALPHA
PATROL PERIMETER
1st COORDINATE - FOURTH QUADRANT – 30 DEGREES
2nd COORDINATE – THIRD QUADRANT – 60 DEGREES
END AT INTERSECT
EXECUTE PROTOCOL

Yikes. That’s more than this reporter can handle. Let’s hope that someone out there can figure it out. It’s about time we pay the RX a visit. Get cracking!”

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Their on the moon

Second translates to:
And you cant get there!

I think I got it .....

Well part of it :)

Be... sure .. to.. drink... your .. Ovaltine...

"These humans loot sucks. How about a nice game of chess instead?"

1 !!1 !!0.2857 !!1 !!0.8571, !!1 !!1.8 !!1 !!1 !!2.25
7 !!9 !!0 !!625 !!32, !!8 !!64 !!64 !!16 !!3125

Don't know if this is any help, but most of the numbers preceeded with !! are square roots.

At coords 789 934 is a base with the alien ship I posted before.

Looks suspiciously like something waiting to happen here. Perhaps RX appear. No idea when, at the moment only me here

Reactions: aia
Don't know if this is any help, but most of the numbers preceeded with !! are square roots.

Ignore !!, those are inserted by Berta, as she does with the articles all the time. Read the clean original on the site.

I was told there would be no math...this is why I quit EVE. My calculations suggest that this has something to do with squirrels. Gonna run with that theory...see where it goes.

it's obviously some kind of coordinates thing and i have some kind of idea how it might be worked out but i really don't feel like thinking about this after all the math at work :p

someone else figure it out and tell me plz :p

Regards
Thark

This is the bit where I back off, and let the real number crunchers get back to work. Or it's something like a few years ago, when we suddenly got this weird thing they called a QR code (which at that time, I'd never seen before).

The first:

1 1 0.2857 1 0.8571, 1 1.8 1 1 2.25 -- HJOQU, IMQVC -- 784??, 819??

1 1 (2/7) 1 (6/7) , 1 (9/5) 1 1 (9/4)

I tried with a simple a,b,c... but it didn't really match up everywhere.

I got as far as something like H=7, I=8, O=14 (2*(2/7))
For U it doesn't match though as U=20 and U isn't divisible by 7.

(Alphabetically: H=7, J=9, O=14, Q=16, U=20; I=8, M=12, Q=16, V=21, C=2)

7 9 0 625 32, 8 64 64 16 3125 (EFADB) + B, (GGCAD) + A

Reducing as much as possible to prime factor I get something like:

73052, 28845 (or rather 22225?)

Last edited:
we need rattex :laugh:

MA know our average IQ, they tested it with new irron missions with mindles grinding with poor loot and no significant rewards.
So dont look on something complicated, it must be something on our level - in range and abilityes of any average mindles cash cow / grinder to solve it.

Last edited:
Since we are expected to find and fight RX Units, I'd expect the resulting coordinates to fall within one of the non-lootable PVP zones.

Somebody PM fishface. He's a code breaker.

Since we are expected to find and fight RX Units, I'd expect the resulting coordinates to fall within one of the non-lootable PVP zones.

I think the very first RX-event one meeting point was pvp4 and Another one pvp3 (just outside Echidna), and last wastelanders-event ended in pvp3 (Close to where bloodclaws spawn now if I remeber right).

(Sorry about captilization, it's either the forum or IE10 that automatically tries to "correct" things.)

mhhh well i thought we are supposed to create a coordinate system, the center is stated in the msg with

Then we can build the coordinate system from there

90 DEGREES, 1ST QUADRANT

probably makes sence once we dedipher the 2 coordinates on top

HJOQU, IMQVC

which probably have something to do with the distance multiple thingy.

and then the second 2 sets of coordinates have to be read in context with the angle they told us.

I really don't wanna get into that right now but that's how i'd try to solve it. Maybe thats way wrong though

Regards
Thark

Reactions: aia
At coords 789 934 is a base with the alien ship I posted before.

There is a base there that reminds about the one that used to be in the one in the center-northern part of pvp1. Well, it's a base like for instance fort fury, but without the former pvp1-base high pillars.

mhhh well i thought we are supposed to create a coordinate system, the center is stated in the msg with

Then we can build the coordinate system from there

90 DEGREES, 1ST QUADRANT

probably makes sence once we dedipher the 2 coordinates on top

HJOQU, IMQVC

which probably have something to do with the distance multiple thingy.

and then the second 2 sets of coordinates have to be read in context with the angle they told us.

I really don't wanna get into that right now but that's how i'd try to solve it. Maybe thats way wrong though

Regards
Thark

I was thinking along same lines.

The result of the calculations will lead you to three points Newbie oil rig, Normal oil rig and the base at 789, 934.

There is a base there that reminds about the one that used to be in the one in the center-northern part of pvp1. Well, it's a base like for instance fort fury, but without the former pvp1-base high pillars.

Yup reminded me of that as well. This one is a bit diff from the old one. Uses similar structures though the ones you see in towns like Zeus. Although the colour on map is missing I think this is the new pvp1. Looked around for the half-built umbra village that used to be in pvp 1but didn't find it.

The result of the calculations will lead you to three points Newbie oil rig, Normal oil rig and the base at 789, 934.

cool, thank you :)

Regards
Thark

Edit: I really hope they have them come tomorrow evening and not the same time during the day that the quasars came.

Last edited:
cool, thank you :)

Regards
Thark

Edit: I really hope they have them come tomorrow evening and not the same time during the day that the quasars came.

I worded it wrong. I meant the results will probably lead you to those places. Didn't get chance to look at it properly earlier visitors. Will try and look at it now but maths isn't really my strong point.

Nice finding! Can you tell how you found Three coordinates?

Could the robot motherships be aligned the same way in the sky? (thee of them, pointing towards a center Point).

Something like this?

90 DEGREES, 1ST QUADRANT

Distance is Close to 8*1152 straight North (90 degrees). Ah crap, 91166 North. Well it's in same kind'a area...

ENCRYPTED SPATIAL UNIT OMEGA

1st COORDINATE - FOURTH QUADRANT – 30 DEGREES
2nd COORDINATE – THIRD QUADRANT – 60 DEGREES
END AT INTERSECT

Not sure here mainly guessing but third quadrant 30 degrees=noob rig and fourth quadrant=old rig?

Last edited:
Nice finding! Can you tell how you found Three coordinates?

Didn't really calculate it as I said previous post I was guessing that's where they will lead to. I worded it badly earlier my apologies.

I cracked the code!

Today, 16:20

:smoke::smoke:
pass

Aha a time. How did you calculate that?

which jus so happened to be the time of the 24k HOF Quasar....now to find out if that code was really a time for the spawn of the big HOF

coords_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

PROTOCOL ALPHA
ABORT PROTOCOL
PROTOCOL BETA
90 DEGREES, 1ST QUADRANT

784,819 is the starting coord. You got a 8x multiple on the distance so, 8x1152 (radius) = 9216. You add this number to the starting coords so 78400+9216, 81900 (North Point) and 78400, 81900+9216 (East Point). That means You can draw a bigger radius from the starting coords. Next I slice the new radius for 4 piece (90 Degrees) and Draw the 1st Quadrant.
( Its a guess, but maybe its helps (or not). Mbe we can find something in this area? )

which jus so happened to be the time of the 24k HOF Quasar....now to find out if that code was really a time for the spawn of the big HOF

Wasn't 16:20 pretty much exactly an hour after the decoding message was sent out?

Back