Petition: Restore old mining loot system

I can't wait till MA changes it, and the first petitions to revert it to the current system start popping up :)

I can't wait till MA changes it, and the first petitions to revert it to the current system start popping up :)

I'm right there with you. All I remember in the old system was threads popping up to "distribute the ped more with constant returns, not huge HOFS"

I would like to know the ratio between amped and non amp users, it's obvious which party MA sides with now.

Hey,

i stoped mining with the new system.

But i have always said: that people whine about the uneven loot but without it, nobody would continue to loose money and play the basic professions, maybe nobody would have even started playing this game. If you remove the possibility to hit big there is no fun in doing it at all. When you go out and KNOW you'll get 900 ped out of every single 1k ped run, then why go out and mine for an hour? It's just no fun for me.
just buy something with 100 ped mu from auction and tt it, or just withdraw the money and burn a 10 dollar bill, or maybe you can light a cheap cigar with a five dollar bill.

So i'm not suprised that i don't like the mining change :/

Regards
Thark

Hey,

i stoped mining with the new system.

But i have always said: that people whine about the uneven loot but without it, nobody would continue to loose money and play the basic professions, maybe nobody would have even started playing this game. If you remove the possibility to hit big there is no fun in doing it at all. When you go out and KNOW you'll get 900 ped out of every single 1k ped run, then why go out and mine for an hour? It's just no fun for me.
just buy something with 100 ped mu from auction and tt it, or just withdraw the money and burn a 10 dollar bill, or maybe you can light a cheap cigar with a five dollar bill.

So i'm not suprised that i don't like the mining change :/

Regards
Thark

They didn't remove big hits.. they just made them more rare. The motivation should still be there when you go to mine in this current system, except now you don't get it as often as you did before. It doesn't mean it's impossible.

well, it feels like it. I haven't seen anyone do it in a weeks. I haven't nearly been online every day but when i looked i didn't see any big hits. Sooo i have never hit big anyways so the chance was small enough for me :p but i had the feeling i could. and that doesn't only apply to mining either.

owell maybe i'm just down a little, i don't know but it feels like i can't make good on the losses i have aquired over the years.

w/e it is, i feel something has changed. I hunted quite a lot more than i used to and the returns are weird. i didn't expect the loot patterns to be the way they are.

W/e i would like to see the old mining systems back so sign me in.

sorry for kind of off topic i guess.

Regards
Thark

They didn't remove big hits.. they just made them more rare. The motivation should still be there when you go to mine in this current system, except now you don't get it as often as you did before. It doesn't mean it's impossible.

Your words could have more meaning if u actually mined...
And the highlighted part ; are you for real?

Stop this please! We now know perfectly:

60% - 140% returns: GAMBLING
80% - 110% returns: NOT GAMBLING

And please, follow the Vision of Community further.

All lotteries I know of have sub 100 % average return. Most are like 40-60 %. :confused:

We didn't get big hits before, we only hoped.

Now they made it even hard, hope has gone.

Oh yeah. My socmate returned to play right before my 3.5k gazz hit. Well, he mined himself abit, then asked me - how many amps I did burned before this uber and previous one? I remembered, that previous one I had 1k+, gazz again. I looked in my sheet, and checked.

Between 1k and 3.5k hits was burned 1440 lvl7 amps.

56160 drops. 224640 ped was dropped.

About what fucking motivation we talking now?

Question for adm and others: Do you really think that MA gives a damn about mining and what the forum community says?

On topic: Hell yah, the old system would be less boring, at least for some, but others would start whining about it again so they can't satisfy everyone. Although I remember reading a thread with a proposal of a different mining system (which MA will never create I think), something more like crafting, with way to adjust what you want more: more risk but bigger finds or less risk but better average, but I doubt even that would satisfy everyone, because someone would ofc. find a part of it that they dislike and start the cry baby sessions.

More to the topic: I, personaly, would like a blend of the old and new systems (in game: Miranda Montekis Nu), or at least to see what that would bring upon us all.

Cheers, Montekis.

Question for adm and others: Do you really think that MA gives a damn about mining and what the forum community says?

Cheers, Montekis.

If they don't they wouldn't still be here, they wouldn't have changed the game to what people have asked for.

We know they monitor these fourms, so yeha they do care... simple business dude :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Old system !!

Also try getting something fun in for the minercommunity when creating events. So far this TEN-event is just as ridiculous as it always has been.

Leave 'new system' but up the returns by 2-5 % in each prof.

can all the mining gambling addicts please state their name so MA knows who's pedcard to gouge even more then normal :laugh:

can all the mining gambling addicts please state their name so MA knows who's pedcard to gouge even more then normal :laugh:

Can all the trollers who have nothing to do with this thread go die in a ditch?

Although I remember reading a thread with a proposal of a different mining system (which MA will never create I think), something more like crafting, with way to adjust what you want more: more risk but bigger finds or less risk but better average, but I doubt even that would satisfy everyone, because someone would ofc. find a part of it that they dislike and start the cry baby sessions.

We have that, it's called Hell and FOMA. But yeah, they are still complaining because there are fewer globals there as well, or they don't want to mine there.

Until FOMA is free to get too and free to return and free of tax you can leave it out of any argument.

I vote old system 100%
The spark has gone from mining that kept me playing/depositing
Don't want to make a depo just to get xiv Hofs.
I played for the chance of the big one like most miners now thats gone I'm reluctant to even log in
Level 59.8 pros.:(

HI EVE!!!

I fixed your sig file for you ;)

eveisdabest.jpg

You can thank me later.

Returns on mining have been evened out? :eyecrazy:

Maybe I need to go buy a bunch of amps and go run around. :yay:

Seriously, if I were to go back to previous mining threads (say, a year or so ago) how many of you folks that "signed" this "petition" would I find complaining about the old system you say you now want back?

Seriously, if I were to go back to previous mining threads (say, a year or so ago) how many of you folks that "signed" this "petition" would I find complaining about the old system you say you now want back?

Since you asked yourself that question, why don't you look it up and enlighten us?
That means read every person post that replyd on this thread, look him/her up, see his/her replys regarding mining a year ago, and who knows what since, you figure it out.

You rlly want to ask that question?

I understand the frustration about this new system. Put it like this; do want to profit (short/long - term)? Or Have fun?

When it comes to this voting. I think now is a good time for MA to put the CLD voting system so that the players can give their votes and ideas.

For me personally, I had no problems with mining in old or new system even if I see the change.
Gotta adapt to it.

I go for the middle system.

Put back the old system for the love of Lootius sake.

Siim SanSiim Ots

I don't mine for few PED of profit - I mine for the BIG HOFS and also this was the sole reason I started to play this game. If I want to make money I can make it IRL ffs. IT'S A GAME NOT WORK!

Old System FTW!

Aranthir Athal Lander

I dont want exactly the old system back, nor the new system. The solution is simple and largely coded already (in the crafting system): Give miners a slider like crafters do between quantity and condition - you get more "finds" with quantity and bigger globals with condition. Simples.

This is an awesome idea, mate. You got my vote here :)

Returns on mining have been evened out? :eyecrazy:

Maybe I need to go buy a bunch of amps and go run around. :yay:

Pretty sure i've complained about being !!!!! by the system in the past. But I can also say that anytime there was a poll asking for smaller hofs I always voted against it. ;) I've changed how I view and play EU alot over the years.

As SanSiim says above, without the chance of big hofs, there is no reason left to play. ;) Without those big hofs what you have is WOW. I'll pass....

As SanSiim says above, without the chance of big hofs, there is no reason left to play. ;)

There's still a reason to play.... maybe :)
But there is no reason to waste all that extra markup on amps anymore...

That would pretty much eliminate all hofs and unamped globals.
1st of all there should be no unamped hofs, 2nd I don't see how bigger returns can lower some type of wins :scratch2:

Back