Vote for the Winners of the BIG Video Competition

Which Video Do you Feel provided the best combination of Information and Entertainment value?

• Valana T-Jay Strettersen

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Sheppard San Raal

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Jason Greed Greed

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Chriss Ruben Nomad

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meculus

Elite
Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro
Valana T-Jay Strettersen's videos was action all the way :yay:

All videos are great.

but Chriss Ruben Nomad 's video is the best !!!

Got to love T-Jay's :)

Sorry to be blunt but here's my feedback.

Valana T-Jay Strettersen : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=U4p6Kz3c7RY

I would choose this as the winner. As it's fairly good production and keeps interest throughout from beginning to end as well as get the message across.

Sheppard San Raal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LsJjAEiDFh8

This is mainly text as such is a video needed for it? I must admit I did not watch all the video because I got bored perhaps there was something more interesting later on...
Also this video seems to be getting a lot of votes. For all those voting for this please make sure you cleanse yourself of your sins after. Perhaps it's better to help your friend by giving honest feedback?

Video could have been better if not text throughout. Some text is not bad as it can grab attention but all the way through is a bit of overkill.

Jason Greed Greed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=s5-164nKsFQ
Short and sweet. So not actually that bad. Could have been winner if production quality was a bit higher.

Chriss Ruben Nomad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=x3Nhe5WCzN8
Excellent start. I was thinking then this one will be the winner. However, after the space it was a bit downhill due to production quality e.g. writing over menus etc. Would have been better to remove in game menus all together.

Having said that all of the entries made an effort and if they continue trying at making video I reckon could get quite good. As long as they take criticism on board and try and improve. In there own ways each entry has a spark of creativity and potential to be much better.
Chris nomad with excellent start.
Jason Greed with a quick hit and run concept :)
Sheppard Raal with good use of fire and text
T-Jay with good overall presentation.

Ruben's video is good but it's more like a comprehensive manual than a promo trailer. Unless the viewer is already interested in BIG's events and is looking for detailed information, he risks to lose interest too fast :). But for details a video is probably not the best format.

T-Jay's video gives the most information in the shortest timeframe without making you read anything and is entertaining and greatly performed. So this is my choice :thumbup:

Of other two, one is ended before I expected it to get started, and the other is rather a promo for video effects plugin.

Well, I'll try to share my opinion as objective as I can :)

I see Chriss Rubens and Sheppards close together. Both containing most information about Big Industries and whats it all about. T-Jay's is great Video too, but -for my part- it could contain more info about Big Industries. Jason -sorry- it's really a bit to short :)

But anyway, all have done a good job and have invested much of there time to take part in this competition. Thanks all for this great Videos.

Cu
-Ron

Blast, I honestly think you need multiple people working on the next video. A combination of Ruben's detailed educational approach and T-Jay's special effects would make an awesome video, me thinks. :D

Sheppard San Raal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LsJjAEiDFh8

This is mainly text as such is a video needed for it? I must admit I did not watch all the video because I got bored perhaps there was something more interesting later on...
Also this video seems to be getting a lot of votes. For all those voting for this please make sure you cleanse yourself of your sins after. Perhaps it's better to help your friend by giving honest feedback?

Video could have been better if not text throughout. Some text is not bad as it can grab attention but all the way through is a bit of overkill.

All in all, all are winners and as put, they should group up to make the next video. I did pick this video due to the text mostly since the ad needs to be informative about what the video itself and what is being sold.

But again, GRATZ to all!

Bump for more votes, i'll put my 2 pecs in at the end ;)

T-Jay - Not to short, not to long has your logo in many times... Maybe add a bit to the end with the events.. Then its pretty much good to go..

He should have done the video like the primordial longu one, for each LA and gave stats of mobs :p

hey ho :D

I am impressed. Each of the videos has its strength and its weakness.

Valana T-Jay Stretterson:
+ best dramaturgy and cut
+ BIG Industries logo introducing best
- informations to short (hard to read), no hint to EL's event section

Sheppard San Raal
+ best music
+
BIG Industries logo introducing (leave the effects and let it talk for itself!)
+ good information about EL's event section and that plug-in
- way too long, three repeats. (Cut it after 1:45 and it would be a blast!)

Jason Greed Greed:
+ best length for a promotion video (... probably add a few seconds
;))
- BIG Industries logo not introduced, no hint at EL's event section
- hard to read

Chris Ruben Nomad:
+ best information about each LA, all good to read (make plain text and not that silly 3D-text!)
-
BIG Industries logo not introduced, no hint at EL's event section
- burial music (R.I.P.)

Well, how to vote? Let's say wich one was most useful for me. I know Meculus and observed his activities. BIG events at EL can't be overlooked. I don't need more attraction
. So I've choosen Ruben's laity video. Others may choose the more attracting videos.

As suggested above: Probably all should bundle their skills ... ?

Last edited:
I am impressed. Each of the videos has its strength and its weakness.

Valana T-Jay Stretterson:
+ best dramaturgy and cut
+ BIG Industries logo introducing best
- informations to short (hard to read), no hint to EL's event section

Sheppard San Raal
+ best music
+
BIG Industries logo introducing (leave the effects and let it talk for itself!)
+ good information about EL's event section and that plug-in
- way too long, three repeats. (Cut it after 1:45 and it would be a blast!)

Completely agree.. Dont know which one of the two to choose...

Feedback

Valana T-Jay Strettersen:
Best Video here,i like that he has put some ingame stuff & Action and it really looks nice,
has alot of Info too :)

Sheppard San Raal:
Its too long,i think 1 min or so is the length a video needs only here.
Mabye next time less textes like "Are you bored?" ;)

Jason Greed Greed:
Well a bit short,yes text is not esay to read but there exist a pause button :D,
it was a fun project but not made to win first place :)

Chriss Ruben Nomad:
Its a really cool video with ingame videos too.Its worth the second place:)

My Votings:
1-T-Jay (Ingame videos+Action)
2-Chriss Ruben ( Ingame videos)
3-Jason Greed (Short video, with info)
4-Sheppard San Raal (Too long video, with useless text,but with less text and less length it could be a great video for sure)

I would be interested why Raal has more votes than Chriss Ruben lol

Greetz,
Jason

PS.melecus if you ever need a short Adverdising video drop me a pm :)

Last edited:
Ruben won for me :)

Hey :)

Ruben made a good work, you got all my positive feeling :) GL :p

Emy.

thanx for feedback and suport

Hi Fellows...

I thank you ALL for your time in watching the Vids, giveing us your Opinions and Vote for the other participants or me.
Well if u vote for me i even thank you a little bit more lol.

I have had a lot of Fun, Experience, Thrill and joy.

I will take care for the hints and sugestions made by you. Good to know about the "weak Points "
Next one will be better for sure.....

So lets go ahaed from here.
I thought by myself a "mix" of all entries would fit the needs of Blast verry best and i do not mind for a "TeamWork"
Only that i think the workflow is verry hard if we cannot stick our heads together in RL. So how could this be realised ?

How ever.
i am looking forward in continueing makeing videos.
great contest, nice work from all who are involved and put theirs inside.

Greets Ruben

How ever.
i am looking forward in continueing makeing videos.
great contest, nice work from all who are involved and put theirs inside.

Greets Ruben

Yes, please do..all four here are winners. All did a great job.

At the end, since there are only 4 videos here, they all should be winners by using all videos.

I would like to thank everyone for their critiques and expecially our video submissions. You guys worked hard and made some real nice promos, as with anything in life we can always improve so I will simply state what I feel were the strongest attributes of our top 3 film makers.

Valana T-Jay Strettersen, your camera work was amazing, you kept things entertaining the whole way through and showed a lot of action. Your video was a lot of fun to watch.

Sheppard San Raal, your method of delivery for all the lands and promotions that BIG has to offer was epic, and had an amazingly dramatic finish, the video was completely in sync with the music the entire time.

Chriss Ruben Nomad, this video was extremely thorough, you gave great examples of in game features that are used regularly for BIG events and your in game map + mob screens really encompassed each LA in one frame quite well.

All three of you very much deserve the 200 ped you've all earned here. As many have said in this thread you all have different strengths and weaknesses that may be used to compliment eachother. In the future maybe we can work something out in this effect because after this event I will have work for all 3 of you that I think is best suited for your approach here if you are interested.

There was one word in my mind when I was thinking of what kind of video the upcoming BIG event would require, that word was EPIC. BIG Industries will be using this event to try and help grow EU by making a statement to the rest of the world, and a statement needs to have simple clear text with a hell of a delivery to the punch line.

For this particular task I feel that Sheppard San Raals style is most appropriate. Congratz m8.

I will have messages to all of you coming shortly to arrange for your prizes and future development!

Cheers

Hi all,

thanks for your participation, nice words, votes and constructive criticism. I'll have a close look to the "weak" points of my vid where some of you have pointed me to, when working on my next one. Thanks again all for a nice competition.

Cu
-Sheppard

Last edited:
congratz

Grrrratzies Sheppard

nice

Ruben

Back