What to hunt and when

delcour

Provider
Society
BlackAngels HQ
mistress delcour libertine
One of the hardest parts of EU for me is choosing what to hunt and more importantly when to hunt it.

I know many look at entropia life and try to see what is dropping on what mobs but does that work.
ppl who follow these trends do you profit most of the time by doing this?

Also what other methods do ppl use to choose what to hunt and when?

Del

Knowledge, experience and skills within EU play a huge part in the success and failure of your avatar. Confidence is also a massive factor when deciding if or not to commit funds to a hunt, and usually the biggest stumbling point with most players.

As of this morning I’m 42 top hunter (most globs in 30 days) on Entropia Life, so rather than try and explain what brings success, I’ll tell you my approach to hunting. However I’ve noticed over the years that the more skills I gain, the more likelihood of hitting good loot...SKILLS DO MATTER.

It’s important to have a decent bankroll of peds. I run usually mid week 3 or 4 x 500 ped ammo runs (excluding guns) per evening, and weekends probably double that for Saturday and Sunday. But that’s becasue I’m hunting quite big mobs that need a lot of ammo to kill.

So whatever your hunting for your level try and take enough ammo and guns to be in the field for an hour, so on lower mobs with smaller guns, you might only need 200 ped runs

I never follow entropia life in deciding what to hunt, I generally already know what I’m going to hunt before I log in as I’ve mentally planned and prepared my evening hunting with my available ped and just “GO FOR IT”. Good or bad I will run my ammo as planned. I will always sort out my loot and prepare my store and ped and list auctions before I log off. That way I have available ped for the next day at log in.

Take last night, I did a 500 ammo Levi hunt and didn’t get a global, but my next 500 run I switched to Prots and pulled back the loot to even out both runs. Although you’d have no idea I ran that Levi hunt if looked at Entropia Life. These are the times you must not let the game phase you, and go on another 500 run. If a hunt is not working try something else, never chase it.

So because of my approach I tend to find people follow me, rather than me chasing others loot. if I start hitting globs, the area I’m in will fill up with green dots (well it seems like that). So you could argue that it might be more advantageous to “be there first”.

There are literally loads of tips to improve chances of hitting some good returns, and this comes with years of experience. Although I’d say the most important tip above ALL, is to use a weapon as closely matched to your pro level as you can get for the most success. This is perfect for guns where there is a weapon close to most players Pro Levels, even Mind Force (MF) there’s a good selection until you get too uber at it. Always run 10/10 hit ability.

So bank roll, confidence, and match the right weapon for your skills against a suitable mob for the weapon used. It really is as simple as that.

Plan your hunts first, because if you plan you’re not in game chasing loot like a headless chicken.....makes sense I hope.

Rick

All I do, is check auction, see what is selling for a nice MU.

See what would drop a lot.

The find out what mob that drops from the most.. This comes from experience and research.

Grind, Grind, Grind.

Or this is what I am going to do.

Pretty much what I do with mining and it works.

Just because you follow a trend doesn't mean your going to be the one making money.

thanks for the heads up you two seems like nobody has a hard and fast rule on what to hunt and when.

Del

When I decided to do the iron argo quest from start to finish. I'm sure I saw at least 3 or 4 8000ped loots drop from them and I lost almost 2000ped. I don't have a rule. I hunt what I want to hunt. It will most probably be quest mobs. What mobs I decide to hunt, is determined by my own goals and priorities and the end rewards given by the quests. Sometimes I will go hunt something that can actually give me a challenge solo or do team hunts.

Ha, what was first? the egg or the chicken? ...thats my experience in hunting also, witch more or less ended after few long and unsuccessfull grindings..
Gl finding the answer and if you dont mind share when you do, meanwhile :beerchug:

One of the hardest parts of EU for me is choosing what to hunt and more importantly when to hunt it.

I know many look at entropia life and try to see what is dropping on what mobs but does that work.
ppl who follow these trends do you profit most of the time by doing this?

Also what other methods do ppl use to choose what to hunt and when?

Del

wow, you would think if anyone knew then those people in a top soc like BAHQ would know all about loot and how it works, and where to get it and when, im shocked! :p
but seriously, if you know what to hunt, but not when, because you think when matters, find a nice spawn of what and change the when untill you are satisfied with the results? :)

personally when i hunt i have a few mobs im "working" on and switch it up a little, a bit like camping but more like a mobile home. :p

wow, you would think if anyone knew then those people in a top soc like BAHQ would know all about loot and how it works, and where to get it and when, im shocked! :p
but seriously, if you know what to hunt, but not when, because you think when matters, find a nice spawn of what and change the when untill you are satisfied with the results? :)

personally when i hunt i have a few mobs im "working" on and switch it up a little, a bit like camping but more like a mobile home. :p

I have the same approach. I'm currently working on the 10k missions for neconu, esto/allo, proteron, and atrox bronze. I rotate between these 4 depending on hof list and how loot is going. Once I finish a mission, I replace it with another :) Gives me variety while I tackle missions, slowly but surely.

Back