Feffox Mayhem

I hoffed as team but was in instance solo, just to clear up any misgivings!:yup::laugh:

I hoffed as team but was in instance solo, just to clear up any misgivings!:yup::laugh:

Cleared ;). Just keep going in solo and i think you should be ok ;).

MA most likely will check only winners anyway (not that i say you won't win - just saying that those will be under magnifying glass after event is over).

Falagor
:bandit:

Please report any team globals you see. Team can be used for exploiting (i am not talking about going inside with few people to hunt together/heal) and getting huge unfair advantage (which is against rules during this event).

I have reported the issue on friday and i think MA had no clue or forgot it was possible to exploit so now they just made this statement that its "forbiden".

Please make sure to report any team globals to be under investigation for unfair uses of team.

@edit:
at the end of the event i will personally check every avatar that wins - comapre his/hers global list on tracker. If it seems odd to me i will write support to double check that particular winner.
I am sure MA will check winners anyway if all points gained were "legal".

Falagor

what you talking about, you can create a team but no one can enter with you, just like the solo merry mayhem, no one else can go in with you but you hof and global on the team name :scratch2:

if i am missing something here care to explain?

IZS scientists require biological samples from the Feffox nests, primarily in the form of reproductive sacs.

So we are collecting reproductive sacs for fun and prizes...:laugh:

Cleared ;). Just keep going in solo and i think you should be ok ;).

MA most likely will check only winners anyway (not that i say you won't win - just saying that those will be under magnifying glass after event is over).

Falagor

Well if there is a bug anyone that uses it will get banned rapido, as the stats are logged in instances! :D

sounds like a nice teammob though, is it possible to enter as a team?

From first post:
This event is intended for solo hunters of all skill and gear levels. Any attempts at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

what you talking about, you can create a team but no one can enter with you, just like the solo merry mayhem, no one else can go in with you but you hof and global on the team name :scratch2:

if i am missing something here care to explain?

I wont reveal exploit - those who know and use it - this is warning for them (the clever ones). Those who are not aware should stay unaware don't you think?

Just go inside solo not in team and you are safe.

Falagor

60th Place - 6 x Armor Plating Mark. 10A (L) TEN Edition

Lol, still 6 piece armors around? :)...

"This event is intended for solo hunters of all skill and gear levels"..

I hope we see some recent OJ's running around with their opalos as Jermaine Johansson wished to do.. 1500 hp for starters? GL ojs :D

60th Place - 6 x Armor Plating Mark. 10A (L) TEN Edition

Lol, still 6 piece armors around? :)...

"This event is intended for solo hunters of all skill and gear levels"..

I hope we see some recent OJ's running around with their opalos as Jermaine Johansson wished to do.. 1500 hp for starters? GL ojs :D

exactly my thoughts... as I read the first time, it is for all skill and gear levels, i thought, woot, finally something for my disciples.... well... NOT

Security through Obscurity. :wise:

When the server-border bug was made public, it got fixed. 'Nuf said.

From what your linked to:
"Security through obscurity has never achieved engineering acceptance as an approach to securing a system"
:laugh:

I gave MA time - i have reported it on firday (as soon the event info was released and i found hole in the system not even knowing how exactly system will work). They had 3 days (one whole working day) to not alow entering instance when in team and joining/creating team when inside instance. That is more than enough to turn something like that "off".

So i guess they are afraid that if they will fix it now something worse may happen (something liek fixing one bug generates 3 others). But probably after event proper steps will be taken.

Falagor

waitox in linox. or rather in circlox. Noone is enterox. Must cost Mindark loads of peddox, all these hunters standing there not wasting peddox

again pathetic story writing and i still dont see how deathifier didn't just get completely screwed on this yet. Like what does he get out of all this?

MA did not promise anything when he bought a worthless egg for a shitload of money. I could pay 1 000 000 PED for a Jester D1 and complain to MA about being screwed... Some people have weird expectations and some unusual sense of fairness.

From what your linked to:
"Security through obscurity has never achieved engineering acceptance as an approach to securing a system"
:laugh:

I gave MA time - i have reported it on firday (as soon the event info was released and i found hole in the system not even knowing how exactly system will work). They had 3 days (one whole working day) to not alow entering instance when in team and joining/creating team when inside instance. That is more than enough to turn something like that "off".

So i guess they are afraid that if they will fix it now something worse may happen (something liek fixing one bug generates 3 others). But probably after event proper steps will be taken.

Falagor

Did you test your exploit in other instances, or, is it just something you think you can theoretically do.

I presume people are talking about having team loot settings, so yes it is exploitable. Get a load of your friends to kill in their own instances and have one person take all the loot.

Or am i wrong? Seems the easiest way to exploit

Rgds

Ace

I presume people are talking about having team loot settings, so yes it is exploitable. Get a load of your friends to kill in their own instances and have one person take all the loot.

Rgds

Ace

Support case submitted asking about the above with the following questions:
  • Are we ok doing this?
  • For those that are in teams doing this, is something going to happen to them, such as points for them being reset and a warning issued?

Support case submitted asking about the above with the following questions:
  • Are we ok doing this?
  • For those that are in teams doing this, is something going to happen to them, such as points for them being reset and a warning issued?

This event is intended for solo hunters of all skill and gear levels. Any attempts at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

Isn't it clear enough? Translation: we aren't able to prevent team members to enter solo instances, but if you'll use it for your advantage, you're screwed.

feffox v necromancer

necromancer armor, although expensive laughs at these mobs, I suggest anyone wanting to to have an edge on these mobs rushes to auktumas shop asap lol :yay::yup:

Rgds

Ace

Exactly what i am thinking of...

Properly done may give +400-800% more chance of looting points than just solo hunting.

Falagor

What an utter shambles this is. The supposed mid-high spawn (East nest) is impossibly difficult. I gave up on it after one mob because it was way too hard and that's with Level 51 Evader, 233 HP and PoE. 12 PED armour decay for one mob :laugh:

If I can't handle it I'm sure 99% of people can't handle it, so that's why everyone's trying to get into the two easier nests but they're too full.

Totally ridiculous design, as usual it appears that this wasn't tested at all.

They should just cancel the whole farce and do it some other time after they've adjusted the mobs and fixed the instances so that more than a handful of people can do them at one time.

Failing that, grats to the guys with imp and mod fap who can do the east nest, the prizes are yours for the taking. No-one else is going to even get close to 40 hours hunting.

EDIT: Btw in the time it took me to kill that one mob I also CTDed and had to spend the usual 2-3 minutes getting "Your avatar is already logged in" so presumably that's time counted towards my 40 hours too.

What an utter shambles this is. The supposed mid-high spawn (East nest) is impossibly difficult. I gave up on it after one mob because it was way too hard and that's with Level 51 Evader, 233 HP and PoE. 12 PED armour decay for one mob :laugh:

If I can't handle it I'm sure 99% of people can't handle it, so that's why everyone's trying to get into the two easier nests but they're too full.

They should just cancel the whole farce and do it some other time after they've adjusted the mobs and fixed the instances so that more than a handful of people can do them at one time.

Failing that, grats to the guys with imp and mod fap who can do the east nest, the prizes are yours for the taking. No-one else is going to even get close to 40 hours hunting.

EDIT: Btw in the time it took me to kill that one mob I also CTDed and had to spend the usual 2-3 minutes getting "Your avatar is already logged in" so presumably that's time counted towards my 40 hours too.

I think I CTDed 10 times for my first an only kill in that nest. Each time I managed to log back in the mob had regained some HP. Not doable at all for me with all the CTDs.

just admit it oleg, you're a nib, you should go back to bots where you belong :p
suggesting MA didnt think this out properly and designed it badly, the nerve!

just admit it oleg, you're a nib, you should go back to bots where you belong :p
suggesting MA didnt think this out properly and designed it badly, the nerve!

As it happens, back to bots is exactly where I went, but judging by the loot they have no sympathy with me :D

To actually be able to participate in a event I recently took up hunting again as MA dont cater to miners .

After 10 mins and noone getting inside S nest to actually participate I gave up...a classy work from developers yet again ...

Maybe take some money of those millions made from the CLD's and divert it to better programming...

Was looking forward to the event, still havnt had one complete run where I get to burn my amp without insane rubberbanding, lag with teleporters, CTDs....

Amazing event MA, really... Could have had been great, fucking stinks if you ask me... :/

1 hour in that cave = 25 ctd

fuck that bullshit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What puzzles me is that I see the same guys scream again as they did after mm about the ctds. Why not wait it out the first day(s), let them have a look at it and play smart and avoid "rush hour" instead of wasting of the 40hours?

What puzzles me is that I see the same guys scream again as they did after mm about the ctds. Why not wait it out the first day(s), let them have a look at it and play smart and avoid "rush hour" instead of wasting of the 40hours?

Given the amount of money spent on this game... Not to mention the prizes...

Should we have to wait 40 hours after a official launch, just to "avoid" a crash, bugs, etc?

Sounds insane if you ask me

Last edited:
Waiting to enter lvl 1 and I see high level players wearing Angel, Shadow, Perseus. Looks like lvl 2 and above is pretty hard?

Back