Feffox Mayhem

2x GTX680 all settings on max, no crashes in this instance, just one ma forced server reset and they warned about the reset while I was in there. Actually since I upgraded to a new computer 2 months ago I only crashed twice playing EU, both times were after playing 10 plus hours without a crash and then entering space.

2 crashes allredy not fun event ma :scratch2:

I have a 3 year old $400 when new acer laptop.... I didn't CTD at all last night... I couldn't give you any advice, but recently had to reinstall the virus software and it now runs as good as ever.

6 crashes now

Didn't you know that the winner of this event is the person that endures all the crashes for 40h? =)

maybe be glad you crashed lots,
ive never had such bad returns as now in pe
500 ped return at 1400 spent...so 37% orso

I replace the original text with something more usefull

kittens.jpg

Last edited:
2 CTD on 200 ped ammo yesterday, 340 hof and 160 ped global
First person to ever hof on Feffox :)

damn, back and no patch and not a word from devs about it T_______T

LOL!

Thanks, it worked, and its not a streaming sounds issue.

I must say i have had all sounds off for years, and i have had NO crashes in the instances.

Maybe it is sound that is the problem

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: MA needs some better error programers

1h gameplay without any crashes... loot is just a nightmare tho lol

Anyone can tell what video cards u use? So far i know people with ATI do not get CTD, people with Nvidia got problems.

I got Nvidia on win7/64bit

Not true. ATI here.

Haven't tried soundless yet--> afk/at work until late tonight.

0 crashed yesterday on 2 runs and 0 crashes today...

Disabled sound but eventually still crashed...

For me the crashes are really random, can have like 2-3h without crash and then many many crashes within a hour, or crash right after crash. Starting to piss me off really :/

And I have ATI btw

At least you COULD have a 2 hour session. Longest I had was some 15 mins.

So it seems that the "crash city" issue is not caused by graphics, at all

Disabled sound but eventually still crashed...

For me the crashes are really random, can have like 2-3h without crash and then many many crashes within a hour, or crash right after crash. Starting to piss me off really :/

And I have ATI btw

Last edited:
Great, now I'm crashing too :D 4 times crashed on almost dead mobs and didn't find 3 of them after logging back.

I will write it here because like 8 out of 10 people i speak with they are shocked when they hear this...

Based on this part:
(...)
Each participant is limited to a maximum of 40 hours in the Feffox Nest event instances. This 40 hour limit applies to combined time in any of the Feffox Nest instances, not each individual nest. Event participants must keep track of their time spent in the event instances, since the current instance system unfortunately does not track time spent across multiple login/instance sessions.
(...)
and on previous Merry Mayhems (not 2012, but 2011 and previous ones) i understand this as:

anytime you enter an instance it makes clock ticking. When you pass 40 hours timer - you are disqualified.

-------

So there is nothing like: you can hunt as much as you like and only first 40 hous will count... nothing like there will be somethign that will kick you out and prevent from further hunting...

So basicly - you should count your time manually.

Why i think its like this - because 2011 MM and previous ones were like this but even worse. Every second beeing online made clock ticking. And passing online time made player disqualified. Now its a bit better because only instances time counts but still - be aware of this situation now before you cry later ("yay i won something with 4321 points" then... "what? i am not on the list of winners because they say i played 50 hours?").

-------

Of course i am no MA representative and this is just my point of view on this but reading this and knowing how older MM worked it seems like natural conclusion.

-------

Some MA official confirming this would be nice to see too (Kim?).

------

I hope i made aware few more people with this information. Please spread it in your soc etc. Lets make this event as fair as possible... crahses are making it hard enough anyway.

Falagor
:bandit:

Some MA official confirming this would be nice to see too (Kim?).

Yesterday at the western nest entrance:

2013-04-15 16:42:31 [Local] [Ivi] kim a question
2013-04-15 16:42:37 [Local] [Ivi] if i dont participate in event
2013-04-15 16:42:43 [Local] [Ivi] can i do 2 weeks nonstop? :D
2013-04-15 16:43:05 [Local] [Ivi] or is it possible that after 40 hours i turn in the tokens and continue huntin?
2013-04-15 16:44:05 [Local] [Kim Welter] and yes, ofcourse you can stay as long as you want in the nest
2013-04-15 16:44:08 [Local] [Kim Welter] but you will be disqualified
2013-04-15 16:44:13 [Local] [Kim Welter] if you spend over 40 hours in there

Yesterday at the western nest entrance:

Thx for confirmation ;)

Nevertheless - since i still stumble upon someone shocked hearing this - i think it was good to point this out here (most read thread about Spring Mayhem).

Falagor

Had my first try today, 1 hr, ~450 ped costs (not accurate as I forgot to repair my dante before going in), 469 ped TT loot, 1 global, 40 pts of sacs, 2 CTD.

Overall its quite a nice instance, the cave seems to have multiple levels but I didnt go much beyond the beginning area as the Feffox's seem to spawn reasonable quickly.

Thx for confirmation ;)

Nevertheless - since i still stumble upon someone shocked hearing this - i think it was good to point this out here (most read thread about Spring Mayhem).

Falagor

As it is right now it will be quite hard to actually make 40 hours..

After my rant yesterday it's only fair to post again to say that I've had a much more positive experience today.

I entered two different instances (West and South) without any problems. Had one random CTD in about 2 hours which is a bit annoying but far from fatal.

I don't know if there has been some behind-the-scenes work to improve things, or perhaps it's just because I tried it at a less busy time, but whatever the reason it is a massive improvement.

Good event MA but it needs a TIMER.

Crashed 12 times in 6 hours hunting. Thats 22 min at least lost. So in the end it will be 2 hours lost cause of ctds.
So my question to some official is, if those two hours cause of ( i think week coding ) are COUNTED OR NOT ???
Well i think it counts but maybe someone can confirm this...

Had to give this event a try....

But since it seems to be impossible to get into one of the instances, I will pass this event.
Not really in the mood waiting for hours to do 'hopefully' one hunt. :laugh:

Good luck to everyone else. :yay:

Back