Feffox Mayhem

New problem I had was I had 5 no loots in a row!!!! And after the last one I got out off there as fast as I could, and when I got back outside I was not the only one who had so many no loots in a row one person said he had 12 in a row

What a great event was really enjoying it for a whole 5mins!! before the disconnections on/off for 2hrs then stood like a idiot for 1hr+ to get back in...

I'm enjoying looting nut sac's cant wait to bag a +1k x 10

New problem I had was I had 5 no loots in a row!!!! And after the last one I got out off there as fast as I could, and when I got back outside I was not the only one who had so many no loots in a row one person said he had 12 in a row

12 in a row was me, but when I was recording my results afterwards (following crash & relog) I found that I'd had about 50 PED of ammo returned to me, and my weapon decay was less than usual, so it looked like the last few minutes of my hunt were rolled back somehow. I guess all I lost was time.

I have solved crashign problem doing this:
in client loader check this options:
  • Disable sound
  • Disable streaming audio

turning sound on only back make crashes come back...

Falagor
:bandit:

• Disable sound

Falagor

Did crash once after doing that, but after that crash been online for 7 and half hours straight in the feffox cave...

Did crash once after doing that, but after that crash been online for 7 and half hours straight in the feffox cave...

I really like the music inside though :(.

Soudntrack anyone so i can play it outside Entropia?

Falagor

• Disable sound

Falagor

will give it a go and let ya know tomorrow bitchtits

(edit)
Eshh im disgusted in my self your not even my bitchtit (name is alike tho) sorry LOL x

Last edited:
A plain desert/empty field with feffox would have worked just fine without any crashes.

Spend that extra design manpower to add a TIMER.

will give it a go and let ya know tomorrow bitchtits

Eshh im disgusted in my self your not even my bitchtit (name is alike tho) sorry LOL x

Hahaha - probably you had in mind Falaggorn (or something like that) ;). I am sure none of us ment to make similar name like that (i am using Falagor for more than 8 years and i think that other person nick similar to mine is just coincedence too)

----

now i wonder if mayby updating my driver on sound card would help... since i am inside now i can't test it atm but will do later and report.

Falagor

I think a personal timer would be good.

(...)
now i wonder if mayby updating my driver on sound card would help... since i am inside now i can't test it atm but will do later and report.

Falagor

Nope... updating sound card driver... got crash after 17 minutes with sounds enabled...

So it is still no music for me if i want to play without crashes...

Falagor

Last edited:
Just been in there for 2 half hrs and not a single crash, i assume it is server overload on MA side :eyecrazy:

Nope... updating sound card driver... got crash after 17 minutes with sounds enabled...

So it is still no music for me if i want to play without crashes...

Falagor
Just out curiosity, when you updated the driver for your sound card, ( I'm assuming its on board) did you update your motherboard driver as well (the chip set), or did you let the vid card pick up the sound driver? If you didn't update the motherboard along with the sound, you may not see the benefits of it. Not sure this will help, but it has helped me. I have updated all my drivers for each part from the respective manufacturer, and found this had the best results. Haven't had a ctd in a few years since I have been doing this. ;)

Just some more info, I assemble my own pc's picking my own parts, so this is why I go to each manufacturers web site for the drivers. When I can't find them, I go to guru3d.com to get them under downloads. Hope this helps. :)

Just out curiosity, when you updated the driver for your sound card, ( I'm assuming its on board) did you update your motherboard driver as well (the chip set), or did you let the vid card pick up the sound driver? If you didn't update the motherboard along with the sound, you may not see the benefits of it. Not sure this will help, but it has helped me. I have updated all my drivers for each part from the respective manufacturer, and found this had the best results. Haven't had a ctd in a few years since I have been doing this. ;)

Just some more info, I assemble my own pc's picking my own parts, so this is why I go to each manufacturers web site for the drivers. When I can't find them, I go to guru3d.com to get them under downloads. Hope this helps. :)

You guessed right - i just uped only sound driver ;). Asus is not supporting win xp on this laptop so i had to look for one anyway... looking for whole chipset woudl take longer so i was too lazy i guess ;).

Will try it later though - bit tired atm and soon will need some sleep ;).

After updating all drivers i will post here.

Falagor

You guessed right - i just uped only sound driver ;). Asus is not supporting win xp on this laptop so i had to look for one anyway... looking for whole chipset woudl take longer so i was too lazy i guess ;).

Will try it later though - bit tired atm and soon will need some sleep ;).

After updating all drivers i will post here.

Falagor
Cool let me know how you fair. Gl! :)

I think a personal timer would be good.

If MA is able to to ban if we exceed the time, then why don't they share our times with us?
Seems the more technology advances IRL, the less options are available in this game.

First login today, wen't straight to the cave and got to shoot like 1 minute when I got CTD...

If MA is able to to ban if we exceed the time, then why don't they share our times with us?
Seems the more technology advances IRL, the less options are available in this game.

Yeah it is really funny how would MA know we have exceeded the 40h limit if they don't have a time counter installed to the system...

EDIT: 2 CTD's for today already. Seems that the sound disabling doesn't want to work again.

Last edited:
This works for me:
Disable Sounds and streaming sounds in clientloader!

• Disable sound

Falagor

Not that it makes any difference, but Disable Sound is the only option you need to 'check'.

I just want to chime in, that disabling sound fixed the problem for me.

I got a Realtek HD audio onboard chip in my laptop. Might be a problem with this family of audio chips, or not, can't be arsed to beta test for MA.

Cool let me know how you fair. Gl! :)

Updated all drivers... after 30 minutes with sound -> crash :(.

I guess i wont be able to listen to this nice music inside... and soundless swirles are not too fun too you know :(.

Falagor

Just a minor thing: a "problem" with the west (easy) entrance is that it's too far away from TP to reach with a TP(II) chip.

And if you have bad luck when you middle land (if using a TP(II) chip), you'll waste ammo on maffoids.

And, if you want to go from feffox area to civilisation, trying T is a bad idea because it will make you end up at an outpost even further away from TP. (From that outpost though a TP(II) chip can take you to middle of spider crater and then it's just a matter of 20 seconds or so until you arrive at Billy's.)

I just mention this because the next-biggest one (at Boreas) seemed to be fairly Close from TP, and if I remember right the toughest one was also in reach from TP (aloode/honuri).

Just a minor thing: a "problem" with the west (easy) entrance is that it's too far away from TP to reach with a TP(II) chip.

And if you have bad luck when you middle land (if using a TP(II) chip), you'll waste ammo on maffoids.

And, if you want to go from feffox area to civilisation, trying T is a bad idea because it will make you end up at an outpost even further away from TP. (From that outpost though a TP(II) chip can take you to middle of spider crater and then it's just a matter of 20 seconds or so until you arrive at Billy's.)

I just mention this because the next-biggest one (at Boreas) seemed to be fairly Close from TP, and if I remember right the toughest one was also in reach from TP (aloode/honuri).

Since most people will hunt in the western cave it is good for MA to have it far away from TP - more decay, ME spent...

But yeah, it is frikin annoying.

Since most people will hunt in the western cave it is good for MA to have it far away from TP - more decay, ME spent...

But yeah, it is frikin annoying.

I got a TP-chip that can take me straight to western Cave, but it's like 1.70 ped/click (instead of say 30 pec).

It's actually on exact distance of (II)+(I) from Fort Fury, so I use (II) and then immediately (I), maffs and others have no time to react :)

No CTD's, and no lag for me inside the instances, and by "no lag" i mean, no lag at all, i always get a ton of lag while normally hunting on Caly, "Failed" message bursts every 10-15 minutes or so, absolutely none in the instances.
Never had trouble getting into the instances, might take about 2-3 seconds after clicking the TP but that's all.
Also the mobs are pretty easy, doing young-old in Gremlin+5B requires no fapping at all, unless tanking a few and getting crits from those.
Medium ones are also very doable with Gremlin+5B.
Loot has been decent for me.
Respawn rate is good.
Not sure why so much negativity :p

Couple things though:
- The terrain can be pretty annoying, plants and vines everywhere that obstruct the view and can't shoot through those, annoying uphill/downhill everywhere :p
- I once got stuck in a plant just when i reached the backend of the cave where the bigger ones are, forcing me to press T, lose time, and having to make my way all the way back.
- EDIT: Also would be nice to have TT/repair terminals near the instances... for idiots like me who forgets to take ammo sometimes ;p

Oh, and while not CTD'ing inside, i did just CTD while idling outside of the instance :p

No CTD's, and no lag for me inside the instances, and by "no lag" i mean, no lag at all

What hardware and OS are you using?

Not sure why so much negativity :p

Here's a thought... mehbeh because you're experiencing the same problems? Mehbeh? Yeah? Mehbeh?

Yeah it is really funny how would MA know we have exceeded the 40h limit if they don't have a time counter installed to the system...

They calculate the times you were in the instances afterwards through the database. What has me slightly worried is if you leave the instance, repair up, buy ammo etc and come back you end up in the same instance. This is a good thing, but, if the time keeps counting while you're outside it's bad.

Updated all drivers... after 30 minutes with sound -> crash :(.

I guess i wont be able to listen to this nice music inside... and soundless swirles are not too fun too you know :(.

Falagor
Hmm sorry to hear this. Just to get more info, what are your comp specs, and what exact OS are you using.(64bit/32bit)

The one other thing to try is to lower some of your vid settings. One being draw distance, also shadows. If your on very high, try high first, then medium. Also lower your sound settings as well.

It may take some time and trial and error but I know for my old card (4870X2 2gig), I had to run with mix vid settings. The real odd thing here is that I never had to lower/shut off my sound in order to avoid ctd's, but I don't use my sound card on my motherboard, I have one built into my speakers. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Sound_System_80) love these things. Will blow away most high powered home systems. ;)

In the end, you may have to run external sound, like sound blaster card, but I really don't think this is the problem either. There is something that I'm missing that just doesn't make sense. Be it driver, or hardware, or just bad programming. Toss in directX 9 and it may be a combo.

If you do fiddle around let me know your results. Gl. :)

The real odd thing here is that I never had to lower/shut off my sound in order to avoid ctd's...

Did you try Cyrene in when it first came out? I recall when Cyrene was released they had a CTD problem and issued an official statement that turning off the sound was a workaround to "fix" the problem.

Back