Feffox Mayhem

Hmm sorry to hear this. Just to get more info, what are your comp specs, and what exact OS are you using.(64bit/32bit)

The one other thing to try is to lower some of your vid settings. One being draw distance, also shadows. If your on very high, try high first, then medium. Also lower your sound settings as well.

It may take some time and trial and error but I know for my old card (4870X2 2gig), I had to run with mix vid settings. The real odd thing here is that I never had to lower/shut off my sound in order to avoid ctd's, but I don't use my sound card on my motherboard, I have one built into my speakers. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Sound_System_80) love these things. Will blow away most high powered home systems. ;)

In the end, you may have to run external sound, like sound blaster card, but I really don't think this is the problem either. There is something that I'm missing that just doesn't make sense. Be it driver, or hardware, or just bad programming. Toss in directX 9 and it may be a combo.

If you do fiddle around let me know your results. Gl. :)

Crashes appear even in safe mode so it is not a graphic problem.

Its this laptop: <click> (Dual Core P8700 2.53GHz since specification has multi choices and differs a little)

Operating system: Windows XP 32-bit (i know its not suported - but i hate Vista/7, also i know i use only 3Gb RAM due to this instead of 4)

Basicly i am sure this is sound problem. Or sound + something else (mayby the RAM thing makes memory leaks or something).

Oh well... i am not doing great with looting sacks anyway so will just keep playing soundless ;). Soon i plan to buy some new hardware (not yet sure if rather pc or new lap) so i just do not think i have enough patience to try and fix this problem while temp solution (sound off) exists ;). Its not like i can't play at all - i just get crashes in instances (with sound on) and in Twin. I must try and go to Twin with sound off btw and see what happens ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

What hardware and OS are you using?
Win7 Ultimate x64
I7-3770 @ 4.5GHz
16GB 2133Mhz 9-11-10-28 DDR3
OCZ Revodrive (2*SSD's on raid0 in PCI-E)
Gainward GTX680 Phantom OC'd
Oh, and dunno if it matters, but i stripped my Win installation down to bareboned, getting rid of almost all services, drivers, software and other junk, installing only what i needed.

Here's a thought... mehbeh because you're experiencing the same problems? Mehbeh? Yeah? Mehbeh?
Not sure if you forgot "not" from there but... just saying something positive here :p

I really like the music inside though :(.

Soudntrack anyone so i can play it outside Entropia?

Falagor

Glad you like the music Falagor :)
You can listen to the new music being produced for Calypso at the Soundcloud channel we just launched (the Feffox Cave is included here).
https://soundcloud.com/entropiauniverse

/Elias (Calypso Composer)

Win7 Ultimate x64
I7-3770 @ 4.5GHz
16GB 2133Mhz 9-11-10-28 DDR3
OCZ Revodrive (2*SSD's on raid0 in PCI-E)
Gainward GTX680 Phantom OC'd

Ok, but what sound card/chip? (as this appears to be a sound related issue)

You can listen to the new music being produced for Calypso at the Soundcloud channel we just launched (the Feffox Cave is included here).

Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! :laugh:

Awesome ;)... now i can listen to this music even with ingame sound off!

Falagor

Crashes appear even in safe mode so it is not a graphic problem.

Its this laptop: <click> (Dual Core P8700 2.53GHz since specification has multi choices and differs a little)

Operating system: Windows XP 32-bit (i know its not suported - but i hate Vista/7, also i know i use only 3Gb RAM due to this instead of 4)

Basicly i am sure this is sound problem. Or sound + something else (mayby the RAM thing makes memory leaks or something).

Oh well... i am not doing great with looting sacks anyway so will just keep playing soundless ;). Soon i plan to buy some new hardware (not yet sure if rather pc or new lap) so i just do not think i have enough patience to try and fix this problem while temp solution (sound off) exists ;). Its not like i can't play at all - i just get crashes in instances (with sound on) and in Twin. I must try and go to Twin with sound off btw and see what happens ;).

Falagor
Cool. I hope you have better luck. :)

Ok, but what sound card/chip? (as this appears to be a sound related issue)
Asus Xonar DGX 5.1.
Edit: Yes, the onboard Realtek driver is disabled, only using this one.

Last edited:
They calculate the times you were in the instances afterwards through the database. What has me slightly worried is if you leave the instance, repair up, buy ammo etc and come back you end up in the same instance. This is a good thing, but, if the time keeps counting while you're outside it's bad.

This is worrying

Rgds

Ace

They calculate the times you were in the instances afterwards through the database. What has me slightly worried is if you leave the instance, repair up, buy ammo etc and come back you end up in the same instance. This is a good thing, but, if the time keeps counting while you're outside it's bad.
I spent quite some time (many times) standing outside the instance (for some 10-15 minute breaks)... and upon entering, getting the same stats from when i left... sooo... yeah, fuck.

This is just poor execution from MA.

This is worrying

Rgds

Ace

Well if this is true in the end, but I still know that I didn't pass the 40h limit then all I can say is fuck them and their noob "company".

But lets hope it's not true.

I just want to chime in, that disabling sound fixed the problem for me.

I got a Realtek HD audio onboard chip in my laptop. Might be a problem with this family of audio chips, or not, can't be arsed to beta test for MA.

This works for me also disabling the sound in client loader :wise:

I also closed the application that was running in conjunction with Realtek HD.

I have everything maxed out just the sound disabled :)

This is why I relog before I start a run. That, and I can just hit U to see how long I've been in.

Great music. Odd you only have one post?

Exactly!

dragonmoose
Joined Sep 2012
Posts 1
why so shy? :laugh:

I think all music in Entropia is great (espetially Calypso and Arkadia) and one of the strongest points of the game.

Falagor

Need help please

"Event participants must keep track of their time spent in the event instances, since the current instance system unfortunately does not track time spent across multiple login/instance sessions.

Anyone can help on this please?...How can control the time spent at instances?...It´s count´s each time i login, or only count´s when i enter in the instance?

Thank´s very much if you response to my question

Canavero

I just want to chime in, that disabling sound fixed the problem for me.

I got a Realtek HD audio onboard chip in my laptop. Might be a problem with this family of audio chips, or not, can't be arsed to beta test for MA.

This didn't work for me unfortunately :(, ctd about 15 minutes in with both disabled in cl. Of course it could have just been a "normal" ctd instead of a "bugged cave" ctd.

[QUOTE

"Event participants must keep track of their time spent in the event instances, since the current instance system unfortunately does not track time spent across multiple login/instance sessions.

Anyone can help on this please?...How can control the time spent at instances?...It´s count´s each time i login, or only count´s when i enter in the instance?

Thank´s very much if you response to my question

Canavero

From how read it on the first page, it's just time spent in the instances themselves. So grab a clock and note the time when you click on the tp to enter. Then note the time when you exit. Add up each day so you know how much you have left, then leave about an hour for discrepancies. :)

I spent quite some time (many times) standing outside the instance (for some 10-15 minute breaks)... and upon entering, getting the same stats from when i left... sooo... yeah, fuck.

This is just poor execution from MA.

Uhh, WHAAT ?!? :scratch2: Never tried that myself as I go for fixed ammo runs and usually few hrs apart, but that simply shouldn't be happening :eyecrazy:

If you're right and using the instance TP to exit does not stop the clock, then this is major event crash :laugh: ... again, is hard to believe but anything is possible ... hope is not the case really, otherwise our time keeping is worthless :confused:

What I don't get is why they did not implemented a summary upon exiting the instance - like you have in case of Ark ones, stating clearly the time spent in instance ... I mean that feature is existing - why not having it in Spring Mayhem ? :scratch2:

It should be a small matter of programming to make a log file when someone a) Enters, logs in (inside an instance) and b) someone exits, logs out (inside an instance), server goes down (implicit logout).

Thanks...

From how read it on the first page, it's just time spent in the instances themselves. So grab a clock and note the time when you click on the tp to enter. Then note the time when you exit. Add up each day so you know how much you have left, then leave about an hour for discrepancies. :)

Thank´s very much for the help...
If that way, maybe trying to hunt that mob´s...
Cya and GL

Canavero

But look at the other side of the coin on timers.

It actually brings a bit more into the game of making participanst focus, plan and execute said plan on their own and make sure they follow it.

Mindarks laziness in programming give people a job of paying attention. In essence, Mindarks laziness keeps Entropia Universe a game where pillows are not sown under peoples arms, on the contrary, thanks to their lazyness, its still the opposite, so much is made by the players, and it is good that they do that!

It actually brings a bit more into the game of making participanst focus, plan and execute said plan on their own and make sure they follow it.

There's a difference between creating a sandbox in which players can create their own event and setting rules which make sure the players could lose 40 hrs of work and even more peds. This rather seems like a budget cut (because the server is already overloaded by creating instances?) then a feature to motivate players' creativity.

There's a difference between creating a sandbox in which players can create their own event and setting rules which make sure the players could lose 40 hrs of work and even more peds. This rather seems like a budget cut (because the server is already overloaded by creating instances?) then a feature to motivate players' creativity.

Just like most servers for most gaming companies, huge events bring hige preasure and huge lag. It is sinply not a relevant issue as its bound to happen no matter where we would play regardless. Unless a perfect gaming company existed hehe

As for keeping track of 40 hours i just dont get why people find it so hard to use a timer, people are different. And i still almost wish they never told about the 40 hours at all lol.

And those beside me who work in IT knows that your server park wont ve upgraded unless your boss has no sense of money and throw around without any common sense, or it is like most places, unless it is avout to explode and it might be on fire, if it works it works. Any it personell above 35 will say they miss the 90's because being top notch was good and amazing and bosses allowed it.

Tis' not a sandbox, but it doesnt mean people need to drop all kind of common sense when they go home to play, EU has been the very definition of not being a game you can do that in for all the 8 years i have been around. I very much doubt that will change and i hope it wont.

MA does a superb job compared to many, ive never seen a gm pop into a 3 letter acronym game to fix something on the fly. Not in any game unless its downright offline, most just dont care or give you a fix in next weeks maint.

Heck in the 3 letter acronym game the main cuty has been been unplayably laggy in a certain city for a month for everyone, nothing is done at all :p

See what you have, use what you have, instead of whining of what isnt there, if it isnt there sugest it in a proper manner like a common sensed person. "Wtf leaving game no loot no timer shit game" is not common sense.

Ugh negative people really should just look up and at least try to see beyond their own ego and thoughts, just look at all the nice things, be positive, if you cant then go make a sandwich to raise spirits xP

Ignore typos of the above it was written on a cellphobe, if your sensitive to typos you are adviced to read it on your own risk :D

Quick question.

As a first time participant in a mayhem event, what happens when you hit 40 hours? Are you immediately kicked from the instance and not allowed back to enter? Or are you allowed to continue hunting and then are just disqualified by exceeding the time limit? The reason I ask is I'm not doing the most precise tracking of time in events (and who knows how to count in time during disconnects..) so I need to make sure I need to plan accordingly.

Thanks

Quick question.

As a first time participant in a mayhem event, what happens when you hit 40 hours? Are you immediately kicked from the instance and not allowed back to enter? Or are you allowed to continue hunting and then are just disqualified by exceeding the time limit? The reason I ask is I'm not doing the most precise tracking of time in events (and who knows how to count in time during disconnects..) so I need to make sure I need to plan accordingly.

Thanks

You'll just be disqualified if you exceed the time...

This is worrying

Rgds

Ace

I suck at tracking time to begin with, because I didn't decide to make a real effort until I tried it for awhile....In my brilliance I had on 6a plates first 2 times in and thought wow these things hit hard....Doh!... Without a timer, there is no way I will do any where near 40 hours... Rather do 30 hours and suck at the point total than go over being proud of my point total just to get disqualified...

You'll just be disqualified if you exceed the time...

That's so stupid.. I guess I'll only clock in 35 hours just to stay safe..

If I had a sac for every crash, I'd be UNBEATABLE!

How are we supposed to time ourselves when we aren't told how the system timers work?
If... no wait, when you crash, how long does the system timer keep going?
How long does the timer keep going when you leave your instance? I say your instance because if you return to it quickly enough, it is the same instance (same damage done, same kills, and same half-dead guardian you left behind because you didn't bring enough ammo).

Has anyone been assigned the task of implementing proper timers for the next Mayhem event yet?

If I had a sac for every crash, I'd be UNBEATABLE!

How are we supposed to time ourselves when we aren't told how the system timers work?
If... no wait, when you crash, how long does the system timer keep going?
How long does the timer keep going when you leave your instance? I say your instance because if you return to it quickly enough, it is the same instance (same damage done, same kills, and same half-dead guardian you left behind because you didn't bring enough ammo).

Has anyone been assigned the task of implementing proper timers for the next Mayhem event yet?

That is exactly why I am currently thinking if I should do one more last run in there or end the mayhem now cause I don't know how much time I have wasted doing something I can't control...

Back