I want automated timers for all events. No more customers having to keep track!

Uncle Mo

Dominant
Stupid American. Only Speaks One Language.
Society
NIB Down
Luri UncleMo Nightshade
:mad: Having to keep track of our own times for the Spring Mayhem event is utter BS! Players should be automaticly booted from the instances once their 40 hours are up. The Planet Arkadia Instance have freakin' timers in them.

How about utilizing the Merry Mayhem key instances exclusively? The caves you designed aren't that wonderful. It's a pain in the ass to have to constantly jump over eggs, rocks and rough crag. :mad:

The Planet Arkadia Instance have freakin' timers in them.

So do some Calypso instances, for example Feffoid Cave and Robot Beacons. The problem with that, I think, is that the timer resets every time you start a new instance. They currently have no tool allowing them to place a timer that will count total time spent in the instance.

It's a pain in the ass to have to constantly jump over eggs, rocks and rough crag. :mad:

Yeah, let's just flatten everything and make everything featureless. Who needs awesome-looking enviroments when we can have a parking lot-style game where everything is flat and no plants, rocks, eggs or stuff like that exist :rolleyes:

So do some Calypso instances, for example Feffoid Cave and Robot Beacons. The problem with that, I think, is that the timer resets every time you start a new instance. They currently have no tool allowing them to place a timer that will count total time spent in the instance.

Yeah, let's just flatten everything and make everything featureless. Who needs awesome-looking enviroments when we can have a parking lot-style game where everything is flat and no plants, rocks, eggs or stuff like that exist :rolleyes:

Where is the egg timer???
:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

Reactions: Neo
Clearly the egg ate the timer...

It had become impatient ;-)

well no timer no timer, i can understand, but at least no more point drop or force out instances after 40 hours should be implemented since i for one have no fuckin clue about my time as well...lots cts at start and too lazy to keep track my self..

:mad: Having to keep track of our own times for the Spring Mayhem event is utter BS! Players should be automaticly booted from the instances once their 40 hours are up. The Planet Arkadia Instance have freakin' timers in them.

How about utilizing the Merry Mayhem key instances exclusively? The caves you designed aren't that wonderful. It's a pain in the ass to have to constantly jump over eggs, rocks and rough crag. :mad:

100% agreed.

They should make it as a craftable ingame item. operate to start, operate again to stop. autostops when you are not logged in. Limited, decays 1 pec per use or something like that.

I have lost accurate track of my time too, I cant check in chat log because of all the disconnects, which incidentally i have all but cured by disabling sound in tools on the client loader.

give it up, they cant, they dont have coders who can add one plus one plus one plus one, this from the safest secure provider that is MA, well, if you believe their own website.
people have asked for simple things like a timer, or a item lock to prevent TT-ing, or a simple secure lending system FOR YEARS but MA either just doesnt care or just isnt capable of delivering something like that.

and how many competent coders would need how many hours to script adding those numbers up?????????????

and how many competent coders would need how many hours to script adding those numbers up?????????????

I wouldn't know, since I'm not a coder... and you do not need to be so aggressive, I never said it would take long to make such a script (obviously partially because I have no idea how long it would take. As I said, not a coder).

I agree! We need timers! KIM|Calypso you need to address this issue. It's been proven to work in Arkadian instances and during the MM key instances. Why on earth not have them for this event and all future events. I can bet you 500Ped right now there will be discrepancies between the final results, issues with those disconnected an who the actual winners are just because there is no accurate timer. Shit give us keys and 1 hour runs for 40 hours, at least we know where we are at!

I want no timer, it creates some winning chance for people who can monitor this

I would love to win number 1 in normal MM after an uber with more points then me but who lost notion of time spet and was disqualified:yay:

I agree! We need timers! KIM|Calypso you need to address this issue. It's been proven to work in Arkadian instances and during the MM key instances. Why on earth not have them for this event and all future events. I can bet you 500Ped right now there will be discrepancies between the final results, issues with those disconnected an who the actual winners are just because there is no accurate timer. Shit give us keys and 1 hour runs for 40 hours, at least we know where we are at!

................................ this :)

I want no timer, it creates some winning chance for people who can monitor this

I would love to win number 1 in normal MM after an uber with more points then me but who lost notion of time spet and was disqualified:yay:

Theres already enough chance in this event as it is, I have 1500 points after roughly 31 hours, im going nowhere fast! :argue:

Neil Stockton

You think MM results took a long time to tally up, I pity the guy who has to go back through the logs and add up times for this event.... And the worst thing is that you can only guess at your total time, due to time spent DC. Some players are going to be really upset when the end of the event comes.

@ ppl with problems about the time:

Do you know what a paper and a pen are? And for what we can use this tools :)

@ ppl with problems about the time:

Do you know what a paper and a pen are? And for what we can use this tools :)

You are not understanding the problem here Trance, i have always used pen and paper to work out event times, and gone through chat logs, this isnt possible in this event due to all the disconnects, it doesnt show exits from force chat for example.:(

You are not understanding the problem here Trance, i have always used pen and paper to work out event times, and gone through chat logs, this isnt possible in this event due to all the disconnects, it doesnt show exits from force chat for example.:(

Maybe this helps:

1. Solution for the event, about crash : Turn off all audio in client loader, and you will not crash.
2. If you crash, you always stay in the cave, so maybe the server add all the time.

Just think you was not crashed and note all the time.

I don't have any problems to get my time i was in the cave.

OK. i would also like to have a TIMER. But at some reason, MA can not implement a timer for this event, so we have to live with that. :)

The awkward moment when you "know" you got a reward in the event only to find out you're disqualified at the end of the event. MA: EU is dynamic :wise:

Maybe this helps:

1. Solution for the event, about crash : Turn off all audio in client loader, and you will not crash.
2. If you crash, you always stay in the cave, so maybe the server add all the time.

Just think you was not crashed and note all the time.

I don't have any problems to get my time i was in the cave.

OK. i would also like to have a TIMER. But at some reason, MA can not implement a timer for this event, so we have to live with that. :)

Ok then you should edit your original post to pen and paper and crystal ball! :laugh:

I have actually posted about turning of the sound in the client loader, however it doesnt help those of us who already put a lot of hours into the event already before finding this out!

It is a lesson learned for future events tho, to make sure i use a timer no matter what.

By the way, there are no sour grapes on this particular matter with me as i have no chance of placing anyway unless i get 4 or 5 decent sacs in my last few estimated hours. :rolleyes:

PPS

as with a lot of bugs, not everyone was affected by this one.

I'm keeping a pen and paper log just as accurate as I can. I'm trying to add a minute to in and out times just to artificially inflate time spent and I'm simply writing off any time spent while crashed out of the game. After all this and stopping at least 30 minutes before 40 hours in my log, I'm looking at over an hour of time, maybe two hours lost just to be on the safe side.

There's just no need for this confusion. Disabling sound helps with the CTD's as people have suggested, but I put in a lot of time jumping in and out of instances gathering data on these mobs. It's just too much to keep track of. Simply denying people access to the instances after 40 hours are completed until April 28 is not too much to ask for me thinks.

Reactions: EMW
I'm keeping a pen and paper log just as accurate as I can. I'm trying to add a minute to in and out times just to artificially inflate time spent and I'm simply writing off any time spent while crashed out of the game. After all this and stopping at least 30 minutes before 40 hours in my log, I'm looking at over an hour of time, maybe two hours lost just to be on the safe side.

There's just no need for this confusion. Disabling sound helps with the CTD's as people have suggested, but I put in a lot of time jumping in and out of instances gathering data on these mobs. It's just too much to keep track of. Simply denying people access to the instances after 40 hours are completed until April 28 is not too much to ask for me thinks.

That is what I'm trying to do. It just sounds messed up if we have 40 hours, but have to stop 30 mins till "just to be safe" I am confused in how they can track our time in the instance, but have no way to let us know..
It's better then the keys being lost like in MM, but not knowing my time and having to pad it extra minutes because of DCs, doesn't make it much better.
It is because of this I don't feel safe, or that it's fair for all players, that I'm not making an serious attempt to compete. I'm just gonna go for near 40 hours, see how many points I can get and be happy.
Cool event, just this timer is a huge flaw, IMO.

The problems with the MM keys were that if you got a CTD during a run, you lost the key and the time and had to make a support case saying I lost x min x number of runs give me points based on my average per successful run.

A simple solution that could also be implemented in the games "story" would have to i.e. have oxygen tubes for everyone taking the mission saying, hey the caves with Feffox are filled with dangerous gas, keep this oxygen tube in your inventory when you enter, and ofc the oxygen should last 40h, so as soon as you enter the oxygen timer should start counting down.

Don't know why everything has to be so complicated, or if not the suggestion above, they could simply add an ingame timer, that saves your time even when you logout, so you can start the timer when you enter and stop when you go out (without resetting it), also if you disconnect the timer should stop automatically.

The problems with the MM keys were that if you got a CTD during a run, you lost the key and the time and had to make a support case saying I lost x min x number of runs give me points based on my average per successful run.

A simple solution that could also be implemented in the games "story" would have to i.e. have oxygen tubes for everyone taking the mission saying, hey the caves with Feffox are filled with dangerous gas, keep this oxygen tube in your inventory when you enter, and ofc the oxygen should last 40h, so as soon as you enter the oxygen timer should start counting down.

Don't know why everything has to be so complicated, or if not the suggestion above, they could simply add an ingame timer, that saves your time even when you logout, so you can start the timer when you enter and stop when you go out (without resetting it), also if you disconnect the timer should stop automatically.

This idea suits me just fine.

Back