Locked changes

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Can I have an explanation why there are so many locked fields? I've tried updating some items but can't.

One example: the min TT of items that is no longer 50% but 3%, and I can't update it because it's locked.

I thought the "lock" function was implemented to stop wiki vandalism and typical "I think" or "I guess" edits.

Locked fields can only be changed by a member of the 'Trusted User' group.

I suggest you make a list of the items that need changing (that are locked), and contact a Trusted User to look at the list and make the changes.

But I keep wondering why, why did they lock those fields? I don't see any trace of vandalism, or reverted changes or anything in history.

I guess they locked them because they confirmed the value, but seriously the fact that something is confirmed doesn't mean that it wont change in the future.

Thanks for the info about the user groups, didn't know tbh.

No, they dont just wait about for someone to trash the fields, then fix and lock them.

Once certain fields are confirmed - eg mob damage, item decay etc, the field is then locked.
Changes to locked fields are rare on a per-item basis.

Unfortunately it seems no-one has followed up the change in the recent VU to the min TT% on UL SIB items, and gone through and edited the fields systematically.

But I keep wondering why, why did they lock those fields? I don't see any trace of vandalism, or reverted changes or anything in history.

I guess they locked them because they confirmed the value, but seriously the fact that something is confirmed doesn't mean that it wont change in the future.

Thanks for the info about the user groups, didn't know tbh.

The locking is applied by default for any confirmed value.

Feel free to sent me what you want changed and i'll change it for you.

bee

Back