Land deeds and land!

Tilarium

Provider
I remember reading back when the land deeds first came out that if you owned so many of them you would get land eventually. I think it was 10 deeds were needed for one plot.. if you had 20, 30 etc then you could claim more land. Has that ever happened and if so, what happens to the land deeds? Do you still collect the revenue from them? If it hasn't happened, well, what happened?

I've recently come into a bit of continuing revenue and would love to invest in getting more deeds. I've got 4 currently and want to get at least 6 more for a total of 10 deeds so I can get that land and build me a house.

And to answer the other bit of the question: nope, we are still waiting for that, just as for the political system.

I have been wondering the logistics of the Land system and can't resolve these issues in my mind:
  • Will we have to hand over our income-generating CLDs for a house (and possibly pay even more PED to have the house built)? Why wouldn't it be better to get an inexpensive apartment that already exists, or even a house outside Atlas Haven, Cape Corinth, etc... for a 1000 to 9000 PED and keep the stack of 9+ CLDs which will be worth 10000+ PED generate a 20%-25% ROI?
  • In what ways will the CLD houses be better/different than the estates that already exist in-world?
  • Will we still be able to vote if we turn in the CLDs to own a CLD estate?
  • Why did they promise Land Ownership and not keep the CLDs as an income-generating commodity that may come with a right to vote? Their goal must have been to encourage CLD owners to turn in their CLDs so they would not have to pay out the weekly income. We have entire apartment buildings that sit nearly empty. Maybe they could have been named Calypso Citizenship Deeds :)

When they first released them they stated that the project would start around the end of 2013.

Looking for this info I found in the 2013 state of the Union Address:

Once the design plans are finalized, actual development of the estate and political systems is scheduled to begin after the summer.

So with a little bit different wording, it looks as if it will START the end of this year as planned.

So..as I said from the beginning long ago..we will get land areas around 2015-2020 :wise:

Mind you this was before the Moon was released as well along with other projects. :scratch2:

I have been wondering the logistics of the Land system and can't resolve these issues in my mind:
  • Will we have to hand over our income-generating CLDs for a house (and possibly pay even more PED to have the house built)? Why wouldn't it be better to get an inexpensive apartment that already exists, or even a house outside Atlas Haven, Cape Corinth, etc... for a 1000 to 9000 PED and keep the stack of 9+ CLDs which will be worth 10000+ PED generate a 20%-25% ROI?
  • In what ways will the CLD houses be better/different than the estates that already exist in-world?
  • Will we still be able to vote if we turn in the CLDs to own a CLD estate?
  • Why did they promise Land Ownership and not keep the CLDs as an income-generating commodity that may come with a right to vote? Their goal must have been to encourage CLD owners to turn in their CLDs so they would not have to pay out the weekly income. We have entire apartment buildings that sit nearly empty. Maybe they could have been named Calypso Citizenship Deeds :)

i'm 99% sure that you will not need to turn in your CLD or give up your revenue sharing to get some land.

i'm 99% sure that you will not need to turn in your CLD or give up your revenue sharing to get some land.

You are correct. The land lots later are just fluff, perhaps fluff+.

A. You will still receive all revenue share payments. Land Lot plots are simply an additional feature offered to those who choose to support the future growth of Planet Calypso.

I do wonder though how it works if you have 9 deeds, claim a lot with them all and sell 2 after.

Does a part of the estate go away, or you have some random room in your house that some reseller bought? :)

I would hope they don't lock the deeds with the estate in any case.

Last edited:
I do wonder though how it works if you have 9 deeds, claim a lot with them all and sell 2 after.

Does a part of the estate go away, or you have some random room in your house that some reseller bought? :)

I would hope they don't lock the deeds with the estate in any case.

The only good solution i can think of is that the CLDs are transformed to combined estate deed with and land deed. When you claim your land, your 9 CLD are transformed/traded to an estate deed with 9 CLD also on it. That way you most sell all of the estate/9CLD.

Back