Entropedia missleading?

Ekholm

Old Alpha
Society
Peter and the perverts
Chainsaw
Hello.

Ok so i was out hunting with my Herman ASI-58 Desert (L)
Weapon profile: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Herman_ASI-58_Desert_(L)

After a while it broke and i was to look for a new one with simular DPS.

So i look my gun up at entropedia (above link) and findout i have 79,7DPS.
Now i make a search for a gun, take "Add column BLP >75" and find this:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Weapon

So i find 6 guns in total, but not my gun with 79,7 DPS, only some less and some more.

So i enter weapons list to look for my gun manualy just to find it here:
where it states it have 54,4 DPS.

So this makes me very unsure of what to trust, so i make a calc myself...

Based on max dmg hits:
92*52/60= 79,73 DPS, exactly what weapon profile stated...

Since i now sold my gun to TT cuz it was broke and entropedia wont state Min or Max dmg hits avaliable with a gun, i cant post any numbers now for dmg based on average hits and minimum dmg hits all the time.

I did a calc ingame some days ago and foundout that the DPS based on avg. dmg was higher than the 54,4DPS stated in the global weapon list tho.

So, i dont know where this number is from at all... And why is not all wepons based on max hits all the time, since page wont even state dmg intervals?

So.... What im after here is what number to trust?

How am i to do when i need a simular DPS gun?

And WHY do you have several list where you may compare different weapons with eachother if they are not ALL based on either MAX/AVG/LOW dmg?

In my past i also noticed entropedia stating some weapons having above 10k clicks when in reality its some k clicks.

So is this site often incorrect, false and out of date, or am i just doing something wrong?

Sorry for bad english, possible in wrong part of forum and yadda yadda

Profile: Max DPS
Rest: Average DPS

Average DPS is the one closest to what you will get using it. Weapon Compare also uses Average DPS and not max.

Damage intervals are not needed, entropedia has the max damage per shot, and with that you can calculate the interval. Because the min damage of any weapon is (max damage / 2).

Hello.

Ok so i was out hunting with my Herman ASI-58 Desert (L)
Weapon profile: http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Herman_ASI-58_Desert_(L)

After a while it broke and i was to look for a new one with simular DPS.

So i look my gun up at entropedia (above link) and findout i have 79,7DPS.
Now i make a search for a gun, take "Add column BLP >75" and find this:

So i find 6 guns in total, but not my gun with 79,7 DPS, only some less and some more.

So i enter weapons list to look for my gun manualy just to find it here:
where it states it have 54,4 DPS.

So this makes me very unsure of what to trust, so i make a calc myself...

Based on max dmg hits:
92*52/60= 79,73 DPS, exactly what weapon profile stated...

Since i now sold my gun to TT cuz it was broke and entropedia wont state Min or Max dmg hits avaliable with a gun, i cant post any numbers now for dmg based on average hits and minimum dmg hits all the time.

I did a calc ingame some days ago and foundout that the DPS based on avg. dmg was higher than the 54,4DPS stated in the global weapon list tho.

So, i dont know where this number is from at all... And why is not all wepons based on max hits all the time, since page wont even state dmg intervals?

So.... What im after here is what number to trust?

How am i to do when i need a simular DPS gun?

And WHY do you have several list where you may compare different weapons with eachother if they are not ALL based on either MAX/AVG/LOW dmg?

In my past i also noticed entropedia stating some weapons having above 10k clicks when in reality its some k clicks.

So is this site often incorrect, false and out of date, or am i just doing something wrong?

Sorry for bad english, possible in wrong part of forum and yadda yadda

There's a subforum specifically for entropedia.

Before we had so many stats available to us about our hit rate and average damage, it was common to refer to the maximum damage instead of average. Thus, you get

52/60*92 = 79.7 damage per second (max)

This also made a lot more sense before SIB because everyone had different stats on the weapons (because almost no one had them maxed).

We used to say that the imk2 gets 4.72 damage per pec, too...

The real question is why you're not using an amp. :p

ETA: You also see the maximum stats if you deselect the "Effective damage" checkbox in the weapon chart. We get about two posts a year from people equally confused because they have done that without realizing it. :D

Last edited:
ahh sometimes its all so much easyer than by first look ;)

thx alot for your help :)

Im using an amp tho, why would you think im not?:p

Maybe im just stupid but i see no reason for me to add a amp when searching this info?

Example:
I mean if a gun have 40DPS w/o amp, and i add a dante to it it get 50DPS.
If i compare it with another gun also with 40 DPS w/o amp, i would still get 50DPS, so no need for me to add it? :scratch2:

ahh sometimes its all so much easyer than by first look ;)

thx alot for your help :)

Im using an amp tho, why would you think im not?:p

Maybe im just stupid but i see no reason for me to add a amp when searching this info?

Example:
I mean if a gun have 40DPS w/o amp, and i add a dante to it it get 50DPS.
If i compare it with another gun also with 40 DPS w/o amp, i would still get 50DPS, so no need for me to add it? :scratch2:
Always search with amp selected, the reload speed may be a factor with amp or not :p
Example:

Without amp:
LC-55: 53.2 DPS
LC-240: 50.6 DPS

(at this point, you might think that LC-55 wins in DPS)

With A105:
LC-55: 59.5 DPS
LC-240: 59.5 DPS

Same DPS with amp selected :)

Edit: Add even bigger amp, and the LC-240 will take the lead... (60.6 vs 60.3 DPS with A106, 61.7 vs. 61.0 with A204 etc), so, better search with amp selected always ;p
Sorry that these were laser examples, kinda the first thing that popped into my head that were similar enough, the differences would be bigger with BLP amps.

Last edited:
Back