PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
MindArk Goldcard Offer

View Poll Results: Oculus Rift Support?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It would be a great feature

26 74.29%
  • I wouldn't use it but would appreciate the fantastic feature for others to use.

9 25.71%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Oculus Rift Support?

The Oculus Rift is a new HMD that is coming out, Are you guys going to support it? Second life is and that will make it the truest virtual world if you guys don't support a virtual reality headset as well.
    http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2013/04/ocu...cond-life.html

More info on the oculus:

http://www.oculusvr.com/

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    Haha I was just wondering when someone would post about this.. But seriously maybe once the consumer version of the oculus rift arrives in 2014 then maybe MA can implement support for it.. atm the developer version ain't that "special".

Should also support the Virtuix Omni. Oculus + Virtuix. jizz in mah pants ^^

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    If mindark is smart.. they need to start working on implementing this right now! Just imagine.. A virtual world with Omni + Oculus rift with a Real cash economy! Just the sound of that puts a smile on mah face

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eve Damsel Online
    Society
    Mine To Extract
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If mindark is smart.. they need to start working on implementing this right now! Just imagine.. A virtual world with Omni + Oculus rift with a Real cash economy! Just the sound of that puts a smile on mah face
    Yeah. You can literally run bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardWrath View Post
    9 years I've been playing EU, you still are new. By looking through your posts in other threads and seeing how you attack nearly everyone, I can tell already you won't last long in EU.

Pissing in the Loot Pool under a Falling Skies since 2009-04-23

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ben Rumsponge Rumson
    Images
    Start adding support for a headset that might be in production in a couple years and might get bought by a handful of players... or stop adding new features and concentrate on fixing all of the obvious code defects that effect the entire customer base and make them look like a bunch of clowns.

Well, I think it's obvious what a competent organization would do.

...so I suspect that we'll see some half-assed, defect-laden support for these goggles if/when they make it to market.
    Disgusted since 2006.

It's technically out now, at least the dev kit is, and a consumer version should be out next year. The code for it is simple and basically comes with the dev kit atm, implementation would take less time than Gangnam style.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John itwasntme Remontoire
    Society
    Bravo Three-Nil
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Venture Bros View Post
    It's technically out now, at least the dev kit is, and a consumer version should be out next year. The code for it is simple and basically comes with the dev kit atm, implementation would take less time than Gangnam style.
    Uhhh... Really? And what are you basing that on? Also, Occulus support might need cry3 for a start and nobody knows where we are on that.

The Half-Wit Phoenix
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Silicon Skam Chip
    Society
    Rabbids
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think it could be interesting, but I doubt it'd be more then a little gimmicky for the use of games such as these, so it depends if it should be a priority for the development team, really. I understand how it'd be fun with purely social games, but I can't imagine spending hours hunting, mining or doing anything except standing around in a town with those goggles on.

Another thing is, it apparently runs with a very low resolution. I'm not sure how well that'd work with EU.

That being said Im looking forward to actually trying out the Oculus when it comes out. Looks really funny, and in games made especially for the purpose of working with these I think it'd be great. Some of the reaction-videos are hilarious. Like the girl in this video said: "When this thing hits the sex-market, booyah!"

I really hope someone makes a good horrorgame to go with it. Imagine the first Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fear or Amnesia!
    Last edited by Skam; 04-27-2013 at 12:58.
    There are two types of people in the world.
    There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And there are those who say: this glass is half empty.
    The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Zooey Kezha Hachiwara
    Society
    Supremacy Reign
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I will be getting my dev kit in June\July

I really can't wait to test it for myself and work with it. I'm still skeptical since you know, reasons.

The thing though is, EU is not you're most lively action packed game, and so it could prove to perhaps be lacking in imemersion in order to be fantastic with game like EU.

Who knows, I think the consumer edition will probably be compatible with more or less all kinds of games, so only time will tell that for sure.

Wether or not it will give you a whoa effect or not, is probably more the question, for Entropia.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast