Oculus Rift Support?

Oculus Rift Support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haha I was just wondering when someone would post about this.. But seriously maybe once the consumer version of the oculus rift arrives in 2014 then maybe MA can implement support for it.. atm the developer version ain't that "special".

Should also support the Virtuix Omni. :D Oculus + Virtuix. jizz in mah pants ^^

If mindark is smart.. they need to start working on implementing this right now! Just imagine.. A virtual world with Omni + Oculus rift with a Real cash economy! Just the sound of that puts a smile on mah face :wtg:

If mindark is smart.. they need to start working on implementing this right now! Just imagine.. A virtual world with Omni + Oculus rift with a Real cash economy! Just the sound of that puts a smile on mah face :wtg:

Yeah. You can literally run bad.

Start adding support for a headset that might be in production in a couple years and might get bought by a handful of players... or stop adding new features and concentrate on fixing all of the obvious code defects that effect the entire customer base and make them look like a bunch of clowns.

Well, I think it's obvious what a competent organization would do.

...so I suspect that we'll see some half-assed, defect-laden support for these goggles if/when they make it to market.

It's technically out now, at least the dev kit is, and a consumer version should be out next year. The code for it is simple and basically comes with the dev kit atm, implementation would take less time than Gangnam style.

It's technically out now, at least the dev kit is, and a consumer version should be out next year. The code for it is simple and basically comes with the dev kit atm, implementation would take less time than Gangnam style.

Uhhh... Really? And what are you basing that on? Also, Occulus support might need cry3 for a start and nobody knows where we are on that.

I think it could be interesting, but I doubt it'd be more then a little gimmicky for the use of games such as these, so it depends if it should be a priority for the development team, really. I understand how it'd be fun with purely social games, but I can't imagine spending hours hunting, mining or doing anything except standing around in a town with those goggles on.

Another thing is, it apparently runs with a very low resolution. I'm not sure how well that'd work with EU.

That being said Im looking forward to actually trying out the Oculus when it comes out. Looks really funny, and in games made especially for the purpose of working with these I think it'd be great. Some of the reaction-videos are hilarious. :) Like the girl in this video said: "When this thing hits the sex-market, booyah!"

I really hope someone makes a good horrorgame to go with it. Imagine the first Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fear or Amnesia!

Last edited:
I will be getting my dev kit in June\July :)

I really can't wait to test it for myself and work with it. I'm still skeptical since you know, reasons.

The thing though is, EU is not you're most lively action packed game, and so it could prove to perhaps be lacking in imemersion in order to be fantastic with game like EU.

Who knows, I think the consumer edition will probably be compatible with more or less all kinds of games, so only time will tell that for sure.

Wether or not it will give you a whoa effect or not, is probably more the question, for Entropia.

I think it could be interesting, but I doubt it'd be more then a little gimmicky for the use of games such as these, so it depends if it should be a priority for the development team, really. I understand how it'd be fun with purely social games, but I can't imagine spending hours hunting, mining or doing anything except standing around in a town with those goggles on.

Another thing is, it apparently runs with a very low resolution. I'm not sure how well that'd work with EU.

That being said Im looking forward to actually trying out the Oculus when it comes out. Looks really funny, and in games made especially for the purpose of working with these I think it'd be great. Some of the reaction-videos are hilarious. :) Like the girl in this video said: "When this thing hits the sex-market, booyah!"

I really hope someone makes a good horrorgame to go with it. Imagine the first Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fear or Amnesia!
The consumer version will come with 1080p resolution :D

It might be entertaining for a while but I just get the feeling people would get tired of it within a few weeks.

Ok, I know I'm pretty negative most of the time, and this is no different...
Are you seriously suggesting, that playing EU, with VR, is somehow going to be fun? HOW?!
Have you even thought about that?

1000 bomb run on FOMA...
2000 PED ammo hunt...
1000 click crafting run...
FUCKING BORING!@

VR is for FUN games... not for making boring games more fun. It will just make the boring tasks of EU, more immersively boring.

Ok, I know I'm pretty negative most of the time, and this is no different...
Are you seriously suggesting, that playing EU, with VR, is somehow going to be fun? HOW?!
Have you even thought about that?

1000 bomb run on FOMA...
2000 PED ammo hunt...
1000 click crafting run...
FUCKING BORING!@

VR is for FUN games... not for making boring games more fun. It will just make the boring tasks of EU, more immersively boring.

Maybe this is the wrong game for you, I enjoy all of that. Except for crafting it can get a little tedious. Imagine using this on a treadmill at home, instead of looking at nothing while you jog you could mine and jog.

I might become interested when they get something more like the unit in Sword Art Online where it interfaces to the brain through magnetic resonance i.e. total immersion but I think that would a bit expensive and dangerous.

In the end it's like any 3d tech, if it doesn't make it better and I mean by a huge amount then it will likely become another clothes stand after a month or two. Look at 3dtv, the manufacturers are abandoning it in droves chasing after 4k pictures they're still including it but not making a big deal about it as most people aren't interested anymore. A lot of movie directors aren't interested in it and are forced to use it by the studios in post production.

In an rpg I can't see it making much difference too much standing around doing nothing but in a fps where you're in constant movement looking for targets or dodging shots then I can see it working. The big problem is the time lag between your head moving and the video updating. If they can get that down to a few milliseconds then it won't be invasive but if it's laggy then people will just get motion sickness or that feeling when you've drunk a little too much falling down water.

Maybe this is the wrong game for you, I enjoy all of that. Except for crafting it can get a little tedious. Imagine using this on a treadmill at home, instead of looking at nothing while you jog you could mine and jog.

Wrong game for me because I don't believe VR can add anything to it?
Logic.org

Do you even play any other games? Have you ever used VR?
I do. I have. I was using VR headsets when Counter-strike was the king of the world (circa 2000). And that's the kind of game VR is meant for.
As Spike said:
In the end it's like any 3d tech, if it doesn't make it better and I mean by a huge amount then it will likely become another clothes stand after a month or two.
In an rpg I can't see it making much difference too much standing around doing nothing but in a fps where you're in constant movement looking for targets or dodging shots then I can see it working.

This is not <enter popular mmo name here> where cool shit happens constantly as you interact with the world... this is EU. In those other MMO's that are infinitely more immersive than EU is, there is certainly potential for development. But not in EU.
EU is not fun like most games are. Take away the RCE and noone would play. That tells me that there is very little fun in EU for the VR experience to improve upon.
Maybe I'm wrong... wait, no, no I'm definitely right.

Last edited:
While it will be bad for your eyes in the long run... but all that "running" will be fantastic for armchair adventurers!! ;)

(Note: The wives & girlfriends will be super-happy too!! ;))

While it will be bad for your eyes in the long run... but all that "running" will be fantastic for armchair adventurers!! ;)

(Note: The wives & girlfriends will be super-happy too!! ;))

It will not be bad for your eyes at all and is actually far better for them than looking at a flat monitor.

Should also support the Virtuix Omni. :D Oculus + Virtuix. jizz in mah pants ^^

Can you imagine how tired your arms would get sweating :D or how tired you would get walking for stones :D.

Uhhh... Really? And what are you basing that on? Also, Occulus support might need cry3 for a start and nobody knows where we are on that.

It just don't need cry 3 ! it also have support to Torque engine and others. The Oculus SDK is very simple to implement in a game engine. Just need some C++ skills to use in a engine.

But i think i don't like to have this big thing at my face, if i play eu. :laugh:

It just don't need cry 3 ! it also have support to Torque engine and others. The Oculus SDK is very simple to implement in a game engine. Just need some C++ skills to use in a engine.

But i think i don't like to have this big thing at my face, if i play eu. :laugh:

It can be coded into cryengine 2 or any game in less than an hour. Everyone keeps posting misinformation on this thread because they are ignorant, read first.

It doesn't hurt your eyes, ever, it's actually better for them than a flat monitor, as they see into infinity like in real life.

The dev kit is just a dev kit, no one has it yet because people need to make it work for games before people purchase it, that is why there is a dev kit atm.

You don't want to loose potential Virtual Reality enthusiasts who want a virtual world to Second life do you? Second life is the only other virtual world near the level of Entropia Universe, and they will support the oculus, so you will lose thousands of potential players looking for a virtual world if you don't support it as well.

It can be coded into cryengine 2 or any game in less than an hour. Everyone keeps posting misinformation on this thread because they are ignorant, read first.

It doesn't hurt your eyes, ever, it's actually better for them than a flat monitor, as they see into infinity like in real life.

The dev kit is just a dev kit, no one has it yet because people need to make it work for games before people purchase it, that is why there is a dev kit atm.

You don't want to loose potential Virtual Reality enthusiasts who want a virtual world to Second life do you? Second life is the only other virtual world near the level of Entropia Universe, and they will support the oculus, so you will lose thousands of potential players looking for a virtual world if you don't support it as well.

That's what i said, it is easy to implement in a game engine. (i'm a game dev in RL) I work with Torque engine, and they just implement a oculus support there.

Your maybe right, about the deep sight, but i really don't like to have for hours this thing in my face. but thats my opinion and this don't means i don't like this tech. :)

:lolup:

Yeah, that's the reason MA will lose them. :laugh:

''doing a non vehicle TP run from zeus to oyster'' :yup:

Second Life is working on Support, Why NO U OCULUS?

I find it odd they don't add Rift support, as far as I understand it's not hard
to implement and many people would try the game as a result.

And as for existing players that don't care for the rift, just because its supported doesn't mean
they have to use it so there is no problem. I was always under the impression that MA wanted to
stay ahead of the rest in terms of technology.

Perhaps add a pole to this thread, at least that way Kim will see some numbers and pass them along maybe.

2nd life has a big step up already. Your only competition. Oh well I guess you guys just don't care about being the best VIRTUAL world. Can't be the best VIRTUAL world without VIRTUAL REALITY.

You need a third option in the poll: "it's useless and should be at the bottom of the priority list". I don't believe this device could be used in actual playing, aside from admiring the surroundings.

P.S.: this thread itself smells of bad marketing practices and I'll report it.

You need a third option in the poll: "it's useless and should be at the bottom of the priority list". I don't believe this device could be used in actual playing, aside from admiring the surroundings.

P.S.: this thread itself smells of bad marketing practices and I'll report it.

No, it would take <30 minutes to add. It would add over 5000 new users. The option works fine. This should be at the top of the priority list, as 2nd Life is doing it, and that is EU's ONLY competitor.

This device would be fantastic for actual playing. You have never tried it so your experience is void.

No, it would take <30 minutes to add. It would add over 5000 new users. The option works fine. This should be at the top of the priority list, as 2nd Life is doing it, and that is EU's ONLY competitor.

This device would be fantastic for actual playing. You have never tried it so your experience is void.

Why would it add over 5000 new users? Bug fixes should always be to priority!

Back