Arkadia engages in gaming sites ad campaign ...

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
mktgcampaignbanner-2.jpg

Arkadia is in the middle of a major ad campaign blitz at several gaming sites, and I got the inside scoop after discovering an ad at PC Gamer.com.

Dave Dobson (CEO), and Cyrus Chen, Arkadia's Community Manager, were helpful in providing information, as well as additional photos of the ads running at various gaming sites, BUT ...

I also discovered that when you click on any of the ads, it will take you to an Arkadia website "Landing Page" that gives more information - the link is provided in the article at MSM.

You can read the full article here.

GJ Arkadia!

MA staff should learn from Arkadia.
Never seen a single advertise in Sweden from MindArk... for a swedish company... that really stinks!

Sandstormer armour! Nice UL and better than Angel!

The only thing holding ark back is lack of people. To hard to sell mining loot as a noob with 2 part time resellers travel from caly. I love hunting there. The mobs aren't all mixed to waste my ped tactic because some are to strong yet its only place to find what I can hunt. Tired of it. Go Ark!

Nice indeed! I do feel the following in bold needs working on, however:

"Explore Arkadia for free as long as you like. When you wish to take part in economic activities, add funds to your avatar account by working or depositing.

Work: Earn money by performing paid jobs or by collecting resources for other colonists. Money earned is automatically credited to your avatar’s PED card.

Deposit: Deposit money via credit card and other options to your avatar’s PED card. You can withdraw from your avatar account to your bank account any time you want."

If we start being asked more ingame what the jobs are, that wouldn't surprise me. But I don't know what answers to give!!! I guess sweating is the 'collecting resources for other players', but jobs? I can only think of fapping, and that is neither organised much nor suitable for starting out.
Teaming with a solo instance participant to enable access is something I know about too at a very small scale, but I can't see that being enough of an answer either.

So, Ark devs - what is the paid work you have planned for people already entering the game from your ads?

Also, the withdrawal element: 'any time you want' is something I don't feel to be true when following forum posts over several years. Will we be able to expect a faster and smoother process now? Note: it is my impression, not my experience, as I have not tried to make withdrawals. But I'm flagging it up as it is a clear statement on the starter page... I realise it is an MA thing, more than just Ark, but it is your ad!

Edit: oh shhhh... just noticed it says 'Money earned is automatically credited to your avatar’s PED card'. I hope this is not a reference to that out-of-game do surveys etc site!!!! I was thinking the ad was talking of in-game activity, but the only automatic payments in-game are now the fapper percentages of looting in teams, and that is not to ped card, but stuff to inventory.... please don't go down that external road!

Last edited:
Sandstormer armour! Nice UL and better than Angel!

Yeah.... too bad the "I got something new" syndrome plagues EU. IMO it's bad for a planet's economy to have stuff being sold for more than it's worth until markets stablize. Sure it's great for a few.... but everyone else looks at it (especially newer players) in disbelief and will move off to a more reasonable planet. I guarantee you that Ark has lost players because it is just plain cheaper to play on Calypso due to the fact that greed plays less of a part in a competetive market.

Back on topic....

Nice to see the advertising!

The BIG NEGATIVE.... "Ok... now that I've joined Arkadia I want to get that super cool looking armor in the picture! WTF do you mean I have to pay $5000 U.S. dollars for it?!?!!?!"

For noobs.... which is the target audience of an ad.... there should be some super cool LOOKING cheap stuff used for advertising. And no Arkadia.. the stupid Great Gazoo helmet and harness you give away doesn't fall under the "cool" category.

Menace

Last edited:
Back