PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Prowler
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Zachurm Deathifier Emegen
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

Notice of Changes to Treasure Island in Calypso Updates 2013.1 and 2013.1.1

Dear Entropia Universe Community,

In Planet Calypso update 2013.1 and/or update 2013.1.1 a number of changes were made to Treasure Island.

These changes were not requested by me, were done without my input, and were deployed without notifying me.

After becoming aware of and examining the changes I have determined that they are likely to negatively affect visitors to Treasure Island and I would like to make the community aware of the issues in an effort to minimise their impact until they are addressed.

Planet Calypso’s developers were asked to explain why the changes were made on the 30th of April 2013 and I will update this announcement when I receive an explanation.

The changes of note are as follows.

Letomie fertilizer control removed
    The Control terminal which the area containing Letomie is linked to has been removed from its normal position and I have been unable to locate it, preventing me from maintaining the Letomie.

Calculations indicate that the Letomie are now out of food and as a result their spawn density will be decreasing until the issue is fixed, with the decrease becoming noticeable in a week or two.

Additional Service Centers not near Teleporters
    Two new service centers have been found which are not located near a teleporter and do not have a safe transit pathway to a teleporter for someone on foot.

The presence of these breaks one of my core design rules of the island and may result in players reviving in an unexpected location.

As neither Service Center adds value to the island and instead can cause various problems I have requested that the Service Centers, the new turrets near them, and the extra revival terminal that was also placed near each one, be removed.

Until they are removed I advise players hunting in these areas to familiarise themselves with their position so you can prevent their turrets killing creatures you are hunting.

Service Center in Robert’s Gallows, amongst the Globster
    This service center is only 558m from my own services and the Volcanic Edge teleporter however whilst close it is at the bottom of a steep hill and requires a player on foot to climb 258m to reach the teleporter, dodging Globster along the way.

Service Center in Hook’s Alley, amongst the SEG, Mining Bots and Drones in the western half
    The location of this Service Center prevents Robot and Letomie hunters returning easily to a Teleporter and the turret coverage reduces the already small hunting areas for the nearby robots.

In addition a new player exploring from TI City (their current entry point to TI) is likely to revive at this Service Center instead of back at TI City or over at TI Riverside.

Since this new Service Center is surrounded by dangerous creatures (SEG and Drones) there is a reasonable chance that a newer player reviving here will have problems leaving safely, causing needless frustration.

Additional obstructions and undesirable Terrain Changes
    A number of terrain changes and additional obstructions in hunting areas have been identified.

Most of these are spread across the western half of the island and affect the Globster, Cornundacauda, Bristlehog, Foul, Letomie, and Hogglo hunting areas to varying degrees.

The Globster are affected particularly heavily as their previously smooth and open hillside is now somewhat less smooth and covered in rocks and trees, whilst the flatter areas now have additional rocks.

Since these changes only make hunting more difficult and add little to (and in many cases detract from) the islands visuals I have requested that they be reversed and the areas restored to their previous state.

Turret in Furor spawn
    A turret has been added to the Fertilizer station on the southern border of O’Malley’s Grace.
    Until it is removed please keep its position in mind if you are hunting Furor nearby in order to avoid it killing creatures you are hunting.

Other changes
    If the community finds other changes or wishes to query the state of a specific part of the island please let me know and I will investigate.

I’ll update this thread when I receive an explanation from MindArk and when the issues are addressed.

Bye,
    Deathifier
    Get the latest TI news from the Treasure Island Website!
    Discuss news in this thread.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
    Society
    discord.gg/bdDeqtn
    Images
    Man that's messed up how they can do all these changes without even giving you a heads up first.. curious to hear the response from MA

Account Created 2005-01-19

Slayer
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmmm he is a major stake holder in Calypso, he has made a public statement that MA have messed up his LA...how does this play out, hope they fix it mate!
    "Scars mark the journey through life..."
    Starfinder XXI: Warp Transport Service (WTS) Calypso and Arkadia, Total kick arse SI 64000
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot 1500Ped
    Buying: Earth Globe Lamp, 1500Ped.
    Celeste North Shop 13: Deep Space Supplies: Arkadian items for sale!
    Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004) R.I.P.
    Jeff Hanneman (January 31, 1964 – May 2, 2013) R.I.P.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sub-Zero The Killer
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    can't wait to see their explanation, subscribed.

Fallen Yours Angel
    Society
    Free!
    Images
    what can i say, about time LA owners spoke up about issues they have, i was surprised none were that vocal when ore distributions changed on their lands after all these years.

"If I had known it was harmless I would have killed it myself"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Spike Spike Black
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    Sad to see you needed to post this to get some action.

But also helpful.
    "I hope one day I love something the way women in commercials love yogurt" - It's a Gundam
    "You know when you're old. You walk past a night club and no one offers you a flyer" - Greg Davies.
    <raptr sig was here until it started causing security issues in chrome>

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Matt Lardinho Palmer
    Society
    Rising Potentials
    Images
    yah subscribing, MA's lack of foresight in so many situations is astonishing enough, even though we're used to it, its the norm, that's why people are so suprised when things like friend list being fixed and stuff that we actually want, is not the norm.

I'm sure its just another error though, waiting to be put right. Hopefully at some point they just be happy with the design and outlay of the island and if they wanna add shit, there's plenty of space above and below the central islands and/or attached to where the rest of Amethera used to go to that could be added.

What would make people way happier and want to stick around, surely they gotta realise at some point, fixing mobs that aren't aggro that happily walk into water and drown without just leaving the water... spawns of mobs stuck in terrain that are 'unreachable', mobs repopping INSIDE terrain or buildings. How many years?...

GL Deathifier, you're a top bloke and I hope this gets sorted.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mannanan Mac y Lir
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow... that's fucked up. wtg MA, you really know how to instill confidence in the system! smh

This is not the first time MA has screwed around with the look and feel of LAs that impacted the players ability to hunt and mine, thereby making the LA less income, and thus impacting the value of the LA. I recall some terrible results after the major platform upgrade to many LAs, I was sure happy I had sold all of my LAs before that happened, but I was disappointed for the individual that bought them and the negative impact it had for them when they were counting on that income!

I'm curious what got into someones head at MA to purposefully log into the app and think hey, I think I'll go mess around with TI and start screwing around making changes to the terrain and features just for the hell of it, with no real purpose, no request from the owner, just making changes for change sake because they have access and can do it. Hey MA, here's a tip, IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON"T FIX IT! Quit fucking with peoples shit! I'm guessing they don't think they need anyone's permission to make changes as they see fit, whenever they want, but you would sure think it would cross their mind if they did that they are messing around with someone else's "property", even though they ultimately own it no matter how much someone spent to get income from the pixels.

I hope they fix it for you soon...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Drake Slade Corbett
    Society
    Sol Imperium Citizens Korps
    Images
    I hope this gets sorted. I wonder why they would make random changes? Perhaps they are bugs, or mistakes.

Subscribing.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Wand AxeMurderer Silva
    Society
    Massive Dynamic
    Images
    I like to see the positive in everything at least the price of CLD will drop now

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast