Notice of Changes to Treasure Island in Calypso Updates 2013.1 and 2013.1.1

Deathifier

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zachurm Deathifier Emegen
Dear Entropia Universe Community,

In Planet Calypso update 2013.1 and/or update 2013.1.1 a number of changes were made to Treasure Island.

These changes were not requested by me, were done without my input, and were deployed without notifying me.

After becoming aware of and examining the changes I have determined that they are likely to negatively affect visitors to Treasure Island and I would like to make the community aware of the issues in an effort to minimise their impact until they are addressed.

Planet Calypso’s developers were asked to explain why the changes were made on the 30th of April 2013 and I will update this announcement when I receive an explanation.

The changes of note are as follows.

Letomie fertilizer control removed
The Control terminal which the area containing Letomie is linked to has been removed from its normal position and I have been unable to locate it, preventing me from maintaining the Letomie.

Calculations indicate that the Letomie are now out of food and as a result their spawn density will be decreasing until the issue is fixed, with the decrease becoming noticeable in a week or two.

Additional Service Centers not near Teleporters
Two new service centers have been found which are not located near a teleporter and do not have a safe transit pathway to a teleporter for someone on foot.

The presence of these breaks one of my core design rules of the island and may result in players reviving in an unexpected location.

As neither Service Center adds value to the island and instead can cause various problems I have requested that the Service Centers, the new turrets near them, and the extra revival terminal that was also placed near each one, be removed.

Until they are removed I advise players hunting in these areas to familiarise themselves with their position so you can prevent their turrets killing creatures you are hunting.

Service Center in Robert’s Gallows, amongst the Globster
This service center is only 558m from my own services and the Volcanic Edge teleporter however whilst close it is at the bottom of a steep hill and requires a player on foot to climb 258m to reach the teleporter, dodging Globster along the way.

Service Center in Hook’s Alley, amongst the SEG, Mining Bots and Drones in the western half
The location of this Service Center prevents Robot and Letomie hunters returning easily to a Teleporter and the turret coverage reduces the already small hunting areas for the nearby robots.

In addition a new player exploring from TI City (their current entry point to TI) is likely to revive at this Service Center instead of back at TI City or over at TI Riverside.

Since this new Service Center is surrounded by dangerous creatures (SEG and Drones) there is a reasonable chance that a newer player reviving here will have problems leaving safely, causing needless frustration.

Additional obstructions and undesirable Terrain Changes
A number of terrain changes and additional obstructions in hunting areas have been identified.

Most of these are spread across the western half of the island and affect the Globster, Cornundacauda, Bristlehog, Foul, Letomie, and Hogglo hunting areas to varying degrees.

The Globster are affected particularly heavily as their previously smooth and open hillside is now somewhat less smooth and covered in rocks and trees, whilst the flatter areas now have additional rocks.

Since these changes only make hunting more difficult and add little to (and in many cases detract from) the islands visuals I have requested that they be reversed and the areas restored to their previous state.

Turret in Furor spawn
A turret has been added to the Fertilizer station on the southern border of O’Malley’s Grace.
Until it is removed please keep its position in mind if you are hunting Furor nearby in order to avoid it killing creatures you are hunting.

Other changes
If the community finds other changes or wishes to query the state of a specific part of the island please let me know and I will investigate.

I’ll update this thread when I receive an explanation from MindArk and when the issues are addressed.

Bye,
Deathifier

Man that's messed up how they can do all these changes without even giving you a heads up first.. curious to hear the response from MA

:computer: Hmmm he is a major stake holder in Calypso, he has made a public statement that MA have messed up his LA...how does this play out, hope they fix it mate!

:popcorn: can't wait to see their explanation, subscribed.

what can i say, about time LA owners spoke up about issues they have, i was surprised none were that vocal when ore distributions changed on their lands after all these years.

Sad to see you needed to post this to get some action.

But also helpful.

yah subscribing, MA's lack of foresight in so many situations is astonishing enough, even though we're used to it, its the norm, that's why people are so suprised when things like friend list being fixed and stuff that we actually want, is not the norm.

I'm sure its just another error though, waiting to be put right. Hopefully at some point they just be happy with the design and outlay of the island and if they wanna add shit, there's plenty of space above and below the central islands and/or attached to where the rest of Amethera used to go to that could be added.

What would make people way happier and want to stick around, surely they gotta realise at some point, fixing mobs that aren't aggro that happily walk into water and drown without just leaving the water... spawns of mobs stuck in terrain that are 'unreachable', mobs repopping INSIDE terrain or buildings. How many years?...

GL Deathifier, you're a top bloke and I hope this gets sorted.

Wow... that's fucked up. wtg MA, you really know how to instill confidence in the system! smh

This is not the first time MA has screwed around with the look and feel of LAs that impacted the players ability to hunt and mine, thereby making the LA less income, and thus impacting the value of the LA. I recall some terrible results after the major platform upgrade to many LAs, I was sure happy I had sold all of my LAs before that happened, but I was disappointed for the individual that bought them and the negative impact it had for them when they were counting on that income!

I'm curious what got into someones head at MA to purposefully log into the app and think hey, I think I'll go mess around with TI and start screwing around making changes to the terrain and features just for the hell of it, with no real purpose, no request from the owner, just making changes for change sake because they have access and can do it. Hey MA, here's a tip, IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON"T FIX IT! Quit fucking with peoples shit! I'm guessing they don't think they need anyone's permission to make changes as they see fit, whenever they want, but you would sure think it would cross their mind if they did that they are messing around with someone else's "property", even though they ultimately own it no matter how much someone spent to get income from the pixels.

I hope they fix it for you soon...

I hope this gets sorted. I wonder why they would make random changes? Perhaps they are bugs, or mistakes.

:scratch2:

Subscribing.

wow.... i'm speachless. There must be a lot of frustration for deathifier to make a post like this.
Hope Kim is reading this.

First, let me say I'm sorry that you have these changes affecting you negatively.
Second, I want to thank you for posting all this information and warnings. This shows me
you care about me as a player and a visitor to you LA.

Last: I noticed the service center moving from where the TP is was not cool. The other changes I haven't experienced or had problems with YET. It really sucks after you buy more TPs to make you land more accessible and they F-with it

WE WANT BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE MA!!

he has made a public statement that MA have messed up his LA...how does this play out, hope they fix it mate!

Nothing is messed up and there is nothing to fix.

:popcorn: can't wait to see their explanation, subscribed.

The explanation I think is self evident. These changes are an invaluable clue to what I believe will be some upcoming changes.

yah subscribing, MA's lack of foresight in so many situations is astonishing enough,

It's more like players lack of foresight and their lack of comprehension about changes that seem to be taking place right in front of our eyes. Wake up :)

Wow... that's fucked up. wtg MA, you really know how to instill confidence in the system!

I hope they fix it for you soon...

Again I think nothing messed up or to fix.

I hope this gets sorted. I wonder why they would make random changes? Perhaps they are bugs, or mistakes.

Nothing to sort out. I very much doubt it's a bug and most definitely not a random change. Question you should be asking is why make these changes? Put together with other observations and changes in the game we can construct a fairly good path of new development/changes.

I like to see the positive in everything :scratch2:

Looks pretty positive if we are getting information on upcoming changes. At least that's the way I interpret it.

First, let me say I'm sorry that you have these changes affecting you negatively.
Second, I want to thank you for posting all this information and warnings. This shows me
you care about me as a player and a visitor to you LA.

Yes this is the main reason for the post - the changes impact the general experience for a large number of people and it went well past the threshold for fixing things up quietly.

The island has plenty of other issues however the bulk of them don't affect anyone - they just look silly, or broken, or quirky, or they affect only me.

Last: I noticed the service center moving from where the TP is was not cool. The other changes I haven't experienced or had problems with YET. It really sucks after you buy more TPs to make you land more accessible and they F-with it

The existing ones didn't move, mine are still there :)
They just added extra's.

Nothing to sort out. I very much doubt it's a bug and most definitely not a random change. Question you should be asking is why make these changes? Put together with other observations and changes in the game we can construct a fairly good path of new development/changes.

They aren't random changes - someone spent a reasonable amount of time plastering trees all over the side of a mountain and fiddling with terrain that had already undergone several repair efforts to make hunting Globster on it at least halfway decent after VU10 dropped a huge mountain on their home.

As for why?
Probably something to do with the Egg event since it happened in the set of updates that preceded it starting.

It still doesn't explain why the changes were needed and I suspect that whatever they set out to achieve could be done just as well with the existing infrastructure and layout.

- Deathifier

It still doesn't explain why the changes were needed and I suspect that whatever they set out to achieve could be done just as well with the existing infrastructure and layout.

- Deathifier

A few possibilities:
* it is Egg related and what the egg will become. So service centers may have been placed in advance before the actual egg thing is implemented whatever that may be. The service centers could make it easier to help with access to "egg thing" in the future.

* these are nothing to do with the egg but range far wider than treasure island i.e. game changes related to EU/Calypso

It's more like players lack of foresight and their lack of comprehension about changes that seem to be taking place right in front of our eyes. Wake up :)

Hey now..... hey now... don't dream it's over.... wait >_< forget that, I meant; hey now... I made a general statement, one that did indeed relate to this particular issue, but them changing shit somewhere that someone has paid for, someone that they KNOW they can trust with a secret or at least a single email to Deathifiers account stating that they intend to make changes and that the mail is to be considered conidential... that's fairly poor imo.

Also, unless you got cold hard facts about there are changes coming up, 'tis all conjecture and you're guessing like us. <*whispers* dewd, tell meh what's going on, I won't tell anyone>

I really do think that any 'changes' to Deathifier's land should be done with consultation of Deathifier imo. Think of HS2, now if they could have just started building it.. imagine the uproar it'd have caused. It caused enough and people knew about it and had the chance to discuss it and make contingency plans etc. MA would have just built it, not told any of the private land owners affected, then make small tweaks to it over the next 5 years. i love this game and I won't stop playing or paying in time soon, but it beggars belief, I've never known a company have such generally and genuinely poor correspondance with its audience.

Although I do like Bertha Bot and the stuff Kim has done since he's been about and if it carries on, then they moving in the right direction. The way they go about stuff all cloak and dagger though.

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of it, future benefits or potential problems. There appears to be a serious lack of communication between the LA owner/investor and developer.

I noticed the hills were reduced on the Saba Rex area some time ago, although that seemed to work out quite nice. Interestingly the owners were not informed of changes to the terraforming of their LA.

I'd say it would be appropriate if developers could discuss potential changes with their investors. Lets hope it all gets sorted out and everyone is happy.

Rick

Learn to take care of your depositors MA. That is the reason why you can afford your funny looking castles and Mexico vacations!

Man sorry to hear of the issues Deathifier.

I cannot fathom why they would be making changes to the land without reason. And the changes they are making seem like major amateur hour. (new employee gets to paint on TI for experience?).

Why after all of this time would we need more service centers? Especially now that we hardly walk the map anymore. Could have really used them in the "sometimes days" being stuck at some outpost years back, not now.

Lack of Notice I can kind of get, and in a way I kinda like seeing that there is a separation of player and MA, despite the level of player. kinda.....Deathifier deserves better at least.

It bothers me quite a bit on your behalf that they had bad business sense to not at least give you some kind of heads up, like "things are coming.." would even probably been OK.

On the flip side, if there is a bigger piece in motion for new features, if you know anything about it prior it could be a more damaging disaster with unfounded claims of "inside information" or such.

Hard to really judge this one without any insight of plans in motion.
Without some big behind the scenes plan its all a bunch of crap and undeserved, and again calls for an employees dismissal.
With some big plan in motion, then these things might pan out OK in the end....I hope.

Either way you deserve better and deserve credit for caring to post it all. :)

Here is a virtual cupcake.
"01100011 01110101 01110000 01100011 01100001 01101011 01100101"
enjoy.

in hindsight- Deathifier does deserve some distinction. I will now call him "THE Deathifier."

No toupee, or shows firing employees necessary.

Am guessing it may have to do with shared loot feffox or some other events coming up close to the new revives or something.

But yeah, they should have given a heads up at least, even if they did not give the reason for the changes.

Even if it were to accommodate a future update it would have made more sense to move it away from TI.

There is a lot of both continents that have very little or nothing in it, it seems strange to make changes to a persons LA when there is plenty of space which isn't being used.

But then there are many weird decisions made about EU that I still don't understand years after the fact.

2 weeks on and I have yet to receive an explanation for the changes.

In the meantime they decided to switch off the Letomie and Hogglo spawns entirely.

- Deathifier

In the meantime they decided to switch off the Letomie and Hogglo spawns entirely.

- Deathifier
:rofl: I see their customer service is still the worst in the world.. :D can't even give an explanation in 2 weeks time. Guess they don't priority such a high valuable investor such as yourself. Damn that sucks m8 :eyecrazy:

It's good that you people support Deathifier, but you actually want MA to give inside information to a player before everone else just because he has LA.
I don't know what is their deal or what MA will make there, but let say that the next supper instance will start there, or next new mob or next robot attack or just some bug that they can't fix until next update. You want a letter from MA to Deathifier explaining everything :scratch2:
If that happen I guess even more people will be pissed of.
"Hey Deathifier we are adding super loot to Hogglo on 21 of May for a week so just wait everything is gonna be ok.
Thank you for your kindness and consideration,
As always, with affection, Kim :girl:"

Considering the crap they got in vu10 after they'd at least consider what a player would think if they suddenly started moving things around again.

What if they decided they didn't like the positions of apartments and shops or the terrain around them and moved the tp to the other side or put a mountain between them and the tp?

- Deathifier

oh oh.. be aware: if you ask questions why we fiddle with your LAs , we fiddle even more and worse :eyecrazy:

- Deathifier

sure looks like a explanation to me.
something along the lines of, FU and STFU, yours always, Kim

Update - a partial explanation was provided yesterday (Thursday) and as a courtesy I requested permission to share it with the community.

Unfortunately there was no response today (Friday) to that request, which means there are unlikely to be further updates until next week :(

It's good that you people support Deathifier, but you actually want MA to give inside information to a player before everone else just because he has LA.
I don't know what is their deal or what MA will make there, but let say that the next supper instance will start there, or next new mob or next robot attack or just some bug that they can't fix until next update. You want a letter from MA to Deathifier explaining everything :scratch2:
If that happen I guess even more people will be pissed of.

If there is a reason linked to the event then all they need to say is basically "wait and see" which I then post here and perhaps there'd even be a bit of anticipation and mystery.

Also MindArk and Planet Calypso have been provided a link to this thread - nothing stops them posting their explanation here directly.

- Deathifier

Back