*confused* $30 stolen when depositing?

assassin129

Young
Hey mates.
About 5-6 days ago i bought a Prepaid MasterCard and shoved $30 on there so i can do my first deposit on Planet Calypso because i got really addicted to it.
Anyway i went to the website punched in my user name and password and all that stuff and deposited $30 and said it worked and should be sent instantly.
So i went into the game to find i still had 0.12pec.....

There was no history about the transaction and i also tried using the card again just incase the money didn't deposit over but it apparently did.

So i went around and asked a couple random people who said that they all have used the deposit function in-game but i checked there and i get an error stating that i need to verify a credit card or something like that and do a first deposit thing. So eventually one bloke helped me out with as much detail as he could and we eventually got to the point of giving up and asking support....which still has not replied since.

So i guess this is the last place i could hopefully somehow fix whatever is going on and because the MasterCard is Prepaid there is no depositing it back into the card. Kinda screwed at the moment.

So at the moment i have no PED/PEC whatsoever and with this screwup i don't want to risk depositing more money to see it lost.
If nothing is done i guess i would have to leave Planet Calypso which would be incredibly lame cause this game drew me in so much.

Also sorry for my grammar and all that crap. Another shitty day...
Whoever helps with this thanks alot :)

-Steven

Mastercard will have a records of any transactions.

Get the transaction number and contact MA support:wise:

This is what they wrote in their FAQ about Prepaid cards:

Can I deposit with a debit card (e.g. Visa Electron) or with a prepaid card?

We cannot give you a definite answer to this question. In some cases it has been possible to deposit with these types of cards, in others not. The only way to find out is to give it a try. If it does not work, you could ask your Bank if it is valid for online purchases in USD.

Link to page https://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/deposits-and-withdrawals/deposit-faq/

Mastercard will have a records of any transactions.

Get the transaction number and contact MA support:wise:

This is just a Prepaid card.

You just walk into the store. buy the $4 card then ask the person at the desk to put so much money onto it.
Then after it is finished you cant use it anymore and you throw it away.

Its not connected to a bank :/

This is just a Prepaid card.

You just walk into the store. buy the $4 card then ask the person at the desk to put so much money onto it.
Then after it is finished you cant use it anymore and you throw it away.

Its not connected to a bank :/

I've used the disposables before...read the instructions.

You have to register the card, then you can log on and see the balance, all transactions, ect.

Just a few questions that might help narrow things down a bit...

What country are you in ?

If in USA, is the prepaid card for domestic use only? Or is it approved for international transactions ?

Have you checked the remaining balance on the card?

Check with the store you bought it from, and ask for their leaflet/brochure on the card (which should be right there in front of you on the counter where you buy the card). This should tell you who to contact in case of merchant errors (other than the merchant).

ALL cards (being financial instruments) are connected to some bank or financial institution.

I've used the disposables before...read the instructions.

You have to register the card, then you can log on and see the balance, all transactions, ect.

I have under the registered cards spot the card i used.
I click on it typed the amount/the currency and the CVV/CVC2 and after that it said that it worked.

Inside My Account\Transaction History there is nothing besides a bank thing i tried doing which has nothing to do with this.

Just a few questions that might help narrow things down a bit...

What country are you in ?

If in USA, is the prepaid card for domestic use only? Or is it approved for international transactions ?

Have you checked the remaining balance on the card?

Check with the store you bought it from, and ask for their leaflet/brochure on the card (which should be right there in front of you on the counter where you buy the card). This should tell you who to contact in case of merchant errors (other than the merchant).

ALL cards (being financial instruments) are connected to some bank or financial institution.

1.I'm from Aussie (Australia)

This is a Woolworths Money PrePaid MasterCard which i have used in everything i have bought online. Only a couple things didn't allow it and when that was the case instead of taking the money it told me that the transaction cannot be completed.

Also the card i used is long gone so that probably upped my "your fked" status...

What really screws my mind is why take my money instead of it telling me that it cannot use the card?

Also https://www.woolworthsmoney.com.au/...oney/wowmoney/prepaid+cards/all+prepaid+cards

That's the card i use, the single load one.

Why on earth did you chuck the card before making sure the transaction had gone thru ? :scratch2:

I'll nip in to Woolies tomorrow and pick up one of their brochures. I'm working tomorrow, so won't have any answers til tomorrow night at least.

Why on earth did you chuck the card before making sure the transaction had gone thru ? :scratch2:

I'll nip in to Woolies tomorrow and pick up one of their brochures. I'm working tomorrow, so won't have any answers til tomorrow night at least.

1.Because I'm a retard..... :D

2.Thanks mate :D

And thanks to all who are helping :)

Did you check in your acount transactions, see if it went to the area you get your CLD revenue from.(whats its name ppl, im at work and cant remeber) What ever the name is, it is in the action libray.

Did you check in your acount transactions, see if it went to the area you get your CLD revenue from.(whats its name ppl, im at work and cant remeber) What ever the name is, it is in the action libray.

cash flow centre?
hope its in there!

Is it Ped Flow Center?
If so i get this "You do not have any additional PED accounts."

I used prepaid visa cards from my bank for many years. About a year ago something got changed and i could not use them anymore. I then setup an account at my bank just for this game with a debit card and that works great for me. GL tracking down your transaction.

The money is currently being "held" by the CC provider. It'll be processed in a week or two.... OR it'll get put back on your card in 2 weeks.

Menace

Is it Ped Flow Center?
If so i get this "You do not have any additional PED accounts."
Nope, it's not.

"EU Transfer Center" (big D on top of your screen also available via Action Library) and choose there "Transaction History".

Summary of the information on the cardboard 'wrapper' on those Prepaid Mastercards in Woolies:
1. The issuer is ANZ Bank.
2. You can check the card balance (and perhaps the transactions, but it didn't specifically mention them) at www.woolworthsmoney.com.au
3. The 'Complaints' phone number is 1300 101 234 - or you can use the 'Contact Us' page on the website above.
4. Fees: Purchase fee $4. Overseas transactions have a fee of 2.8% of the AUD value of the transacation. The card can't be 'reloaded' after initial load. Any unused balance on the card is forfeit (ie you cant transfer it to another card, or withdraw it as cash). Fee of $4/enquiry for assistance, deducted from the balance of the card.

Start by checking the website. Even if transactions aren't listed, the remaining balance should give you a clue as to whether the funds have come off your card, which you can then confirm for your support case with MA. If the transactions ARE listed, look for a transaction number that you can quote to MA.

Hope some of that helps :)

When using a prepaid gift-card, register the card online (usually the giftcard has a website to do this at) so you can track the transactions.

Fees: Purchase fee $4. Overseas transactions have a fee of 2.8% of the AUD value of the transacation. The card can't be 'reloaded' after initial load. Any unused balance on the card is forfeit (ie you cant transfer it to another card, or withdraw it as cash). Fee of $4/enquiry for assistance, deducted from the balance of the card.

that sucks! :eyecrazy:

Get an account with a debit card and use it only for online purchases.
I used to buy gift cards too, until I got a debit card. You will save heaps in fees!!

Summary of the information on the cardboard 'wrapper' on those Prepaid Mastercards in Woolies:
1. The issuer is ANZ Bank.
2. You can check the card balance (and perhaps the transactions, but it didn't specifically mention them) at www.woolworthsmoney.com.au
3. The 'Complaints' phone number is 1300 101 234 - or you can use the 'Contact Us' page on the website above.
4. Fees: Purchase fee $4. Overseas transactions have a fee of 2.8% of the AUD value of the transacation. The card can't be 'reloaded' after initial load. Any unused balance on the card is forfeit (ie you cant transfer it to another card, or withdraw it as cash). Fee of $4/enquiry for assistance, deducted from the balance of the card.

Start by checking the website. Even if transactions aren't listed, the remaining balance should give you a clue as to whether the funds have come off your card, which you can then confirm for your support case with MA. If the transactions ARE listed, look for a transaction number that you can quote to MA.

Hope some of that helps :)

Did you remember to leave enough on the card to cover the cards transaction fees - that pesky 2.8% of the entire deposit? Or did you just try to deposit the whole $30? Dont forget there is also currency conversion to take into account when depositing as well.

Did you remember to leave enough on the card to cover the cards transaction fees - that pesky 2.8% of the entire deposit? Or did you just try to deposit the whole $30? Dont forget there is also currency conversion to take into account when depositing as well.

All I'm worrying about at the moment is why did they just take the money without it saying "This card cannot be used" etc....

I've used this way to buy games from steam/Indie Games and other Microtransactions in games like Tera and i have never had it just take the money out of the card and not give anything back.

about every other deposit I make (out of the last 4), the funds do not get credited to my ped account, and I have to get a refund via the bank and try to deposit again. So yeah, its a common enough thing.

about every other deposit I make (out of the last 4), the funds do not get credited to my ped account, and I have to get a refund via the bank and try to deposit again. So yeah, its a common enough thing.

Strange, sometimes the funds are locked / held temporarily even in the case of a failed transfer.
The hold typically clears after a few days and the funds become available once more.

Perhaps this is happening with these problematic deposits?

- Deathifier

Back