Question: Reasonable Armor

To be honest, I get a lot of 1.0 hits against Argos (Young to Adult) in Adj Pixie. It is pretty cheap to repair though.

Yes but the difference is that if you aren't plated, you don't pay for extra protection with 1 dmg hits (from both plates and armor). The only risk for unusually high cost with 1 dmg hits on unplated armor is if the total armor protection (and thus the minimum decay per hit) is large compared to the mob, but that's not going to happen in this case.

Example: A 10 damage hit with armor protecting 8 and plate protecting 8. Each absorbs 8 damage and decays accordingly, so you pay for 16 damage absorbed but only need 9 absorbed.

Again, with protection levels so low, it's not a big deal, and the settler+5b is actually a pretty okay setup here, but in general you either split as evenly as possible between plate and armor, and make sure you don't take 1 dmg hits for most of the damage range, or you just wear armor without plates.

i have a total of 3 armor sets and 2 plate sets

ARMORS:

adj pixie = free for graduating

jarhead = about 1k ped (NOTE: not a very eco armor, but GREAT for an occasional adventure into big critters)

HunterME/Vigi = i dont know for sure but i would guess under +150

PLATES:

5b: 60 ped a plate

6a: 30 ped a plate

setups:

little mobs: adjpixie (argo)
little bots: adjpixie +6a (drones up to 3)
bigger mobs: adj pixie +5b (atrox, ambu)
bigger bots: huntME/vigi (drones up to 6-7, warriors up to 3, ect)
BIG bots: hunt ME +6a (can kill almost anything 36/37 burn/pene)
BIG critters: jarhead+5b (anythign within reason, bigger if you have a fapper)
CP: get L acid plates for jarhead or use 5bs with a fapper

i know some of the setups are not optimal, but at the same time i dont have to buy another armor set for much of anything (RT mobs excluded)

same here

I own a set of 5a, 5b, 6a

an adj pixie, a gremline and a mixed of angel/tiger for big mob.

if you dont like the grem you can have a ghost pretty good armor but take care of armor eater mob like hogglo they will decay it pretty fast.

adj pixie and grem are really enough for every lvl 0-25 mob in game.

Back