Question: Weapons and damage enhancers

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
HI All,

These damage enhancers have confused me. Is this correct?

- Damage enhancers increase damage but also increase decay. So removing the tt value and markup of the enhancer the dam/pec is still the same?

- If that is true, does anyone know the % decrease in dam/pec with the tt and mu included?

Just trying to get my head round it!

Rgds

Ace

yes and yes :)

second one ofc depends on the weapon used.

enhancers have confused me

Me too.

Do enhancers break depending on how many shots are fired, on how much damage was done or a combination of both?

I've heard "1000 shots per enhancer" - but has there ever been a large study of it?

What if you use 10 enhancers (ie levels 1 through 10) at the same time; will one break every 100 shots?

Edit: Speaking of "on average", of course.

Subscribing. Personally, I have bad luck with enhancers. They definitely break a lot more frequently than every 1000 shots for me.

I find that the enhancers break randomly. It doesn't seem to be a set number of uses.

HI All,

These damage enhancers have confused me. Is this correct?

- Damage enhancers increase damage but also increase decay. So removing the tt value and markup of the enhancer the dam/pec is still the same?

- If that is true, does anyone know the % decrease in dam/pec with the tt and mu included?

Just trying to get my head round it!

Rgds

Ace

-Depends on the weapon, it increases damage 10% UNAMPED. it does not increase the amped damage. Since this is the case most weapons will get a lower dmg/pec exception is the really low decaying weapons like IMK2. Weapons that are run without amp like blades will have the same dmg/pec.

-Think the above is answering this also. It depends on the weapon used.

-Depends on the weapon, it increases damage 10% UNAMPED. it does not increase the amped damage. Since this is the case most weapons will get a lower dmg/pec exception is the really low decaying weapons like IMK2. Weapons that are run without amp like blades will have the same dmg/pec.

-Think the above is answering this also. It depends on the weapon used.

I thought it increases decay of gun and ammo burn by 10%...So you get basically same damage per pec, but you have to count enhancers broken

From my experience, they break depending on damager per second

I thought it increases decay of gun and ammo burn by 10%...So you get basically same damage per pec, but you have to count enhancers broken

From my experience, they break depending on damager per second

yes on the gun alone, but most amps are more eco than the gun (not imk2) so that's why the dmg/pec decreases. Quick answer during aakas instance here but I think i got it right :p

yes on the gun alone, but most amps are more eco than the gun (not imk2) so that's why the dmg/pec decreases. Quick answer during aakas instance here but I think i got it right :p

oh, i see your point now, yes you are right

I did some mucking around on entropedia.

The results,

First set with dante or A106 one damage enahancer
Second set with dante or a106 no enhancer

The top 4 dam/pec guns increased their dam/pec with 1 damage enhancer by 0.001 (not a lot) (imk2,aimk2)

All the others pretty much decreased their dam/pec by average 0.006 (still not a lot)

But put 10 enhancers on that and that difference gets quite a lot. This is still not including tt or mu of enhancer.

So safe to say if you include tt and mu you are looking at decreased dam/pec in all weapons. Regardless of the amp you wack on. Just no idea of the break rate of enhancers.

Rgds

Ace

:scratch: doesnt ppl using dmg enhancers for dmg/SEC instead of dmg/pec ?
And from here it goes in other discussion...higher dmg/SEC saves you decay of fap/armour, more mobs killed in same time ect...
and to answer your question dmg enhancers does NOT modify the dmg/pec on the gun ALONE.

Just no idea of the break rate of enhancers.

This is hard to pinpoint as it changes from weapon to weapon in my experience. The doa foeripper and the imk2 has very similar speed but the breakrate of enhancers are much higher on the imk for some reason.

For what it's worth, my success rate to pull globals or hofs increased dramatically when throwing on damage enhancers. In other words less losing runs, and my deposits seem to last longer.

There is some correlation between risk and reward using them.

I agree using them does burn up your L rifles pretty fast.

Interesting read this thread.

Rick.

Enhancers will lower the damage to pec. with or without markup.
If you look at them from an eco point of view, damage to pec is not what you need to factor.

The more important factors are the mob, its regen, and the hitpoints, and the weapon used.
I see a huge difference in costs with 5 enhancers in on Aurli vs none. Its a big difference for sure, big enough that without enhancers, I would no doubt lose my ass up there, every run.

Many other mobs, damage enhancers do not make sense. I will on occasion throw in eco enhancers and that is a nice way to go too if you don't need the DPS for a quicker kill.

In my case with an as-147 tier 5, I am already pretty bad eco, worse with enhancers. If you look only at the gun.

But with enhancers I can kill many high regen mobs before they reach me. Saving more in other costs, than the loss of eco on my gun.

The benefits from enhancers are not direct. They save armor/fap decay, and any extra shots you would normally need to make up for the damage enhancer boost. (which contribute towards the regen suppression)

The break rate is random, but I like what Denis said, damage per second vs the original DPS or something, makes sense.
The break rate does seem to increase as you add enhancers, IE 5 tiers in vs 1 tier loaded. Which is why that sounds accurate.

Since returns are largely tied to decay spent, I am not surprised that there is a general boost to loot when using them, the decay from them should reflect in the return, even if diluted.

I certainly know that I get far more globals with my uneco high decay setup than any (L) I have tried. (Granted , I didn't give em a true long term test.)
Despite my uneco setup, I am overall up in hunting over 2 years.

Maybe we should reopen this discussion:

1. Do damage enhancers lower damage/pec in 2023 ?
2. What is the breakage rate/rule ?

Maybe we should reopen this discussion:

1. Do damage enhancers lower damage/pec in 2023 ?
2. What is the breakage rate/rule ?
You really like thaoe necros :laugh:

1. Still depends on the setup you use I'm pretty sure, but for the shit I use it lowers slightly.
2. It's based on dmg so using on a level 1 weapon, they will last forever, use on Mod Nano you'll est thru hundreds in a day I guess.

1. Only because it adjusts the decay ratio between a gun and its amp. If it’s unamped it will make no difference.
2. Explained good enough above. Bigger weapon, higher break rate.

Reactions: Arm
i feel guilty to add to a 10 year old thread. new formula of enhancer as Nik-elas points, is based on KILL COST. so there is not big benefit on slow weapons compared to fast ones.
actual impact of enhancers (included MU is about 0.3 to 0.5% of the kill cost.
as Forgo 10 years ago points, enh are good to avoid regeneration and lower kill cost.
on Barbarella enhancers last forever

Last edited:
Reactions: Arm
I certainly know that I get far more globals with my uneco high decay setup than any (L) I have tried. (Granted , I didn't give em a true long term test.)
Despite my uneco setup, I am overall up in hunting over 2 years.
TT returns ?

For the love of God. Stop making me read a decade old thread. Sorry Forgo

Back