Do you think the player base lacks responsibility?

Az Bloodz

Elite
Society
kAoS
Az Lammbock Bloodz
When we pay several thousands of USD for an item which goes down in markup we ask for the balance manager. When we get scammed in a fishy deal we ask for MA to reverse the trade. When we bid our entire PED card or trade an item to the TT due to not paying enough attention we cry on the forums. Even if we carry stackables in space and get looted we blame it on s/o else. So do we refuse being responsible for our own actions?

Never did any of thoose things, so not me :p

Those that blame MA for loosing thousands of dollars because of poor loot?

Those that blame MA for loosing thousands of dollars because of poor loot?

Yes these too. Look at Smilgs who complains about >90% TT return. He does not manage to find enough markup to cover the 10% loss but does share his account to waste PEDs for like 12 hours a day.

You need to look at it like this

MA - product
Player - customer

We have equal responsibility, or MA have slightly more as we are intrusting them with our time and money. We have a right as players (paying customers) to request things to be changed.

When we pay several thousands of USD for an item which goes down in markup we ask for the balance manager. When we get scammed in a fishy deal we ask for MA to reverse the trade. When we bid our entire PED card or trade an item to the TT due to not paying enough attention we cry on the forums. Even if we carry stackables in space and get looted we blame it on s/o else. So do we refuse being responsible for our own actions?

The value of items are also controlled by MA. (economics)
If you fall for a fishy deal, you probably deserve it :p
We cry on forum to vent frustration with the hope other people are in the same boat, which calm us down.
People that moan about losing loot in lootable pvp are stupid :)

Last edited:

Interesting rant.
What I seem to understand is whilst admitting poor judgment in "fishy deals" a rant bout space about blaming loss on loot and blaming others.... Yes so what is new!

Don't get me wrong I'm trying to understand!

Last edited:
Interesting rant.
What I seem to understand is that you have a number of issue with items loosing value and mark up whilst admitting poor judgment in "fishy deals" Then a rant bout space about blaming loss on loot.

Don't get me wrong I'm trying to understand!

I think he is trying to characterise the behaviour of other players, rather than expressing those feelings himself.

I think he is trying to characterise the behaviour of other players, rather than expressing those feelings himself.

With respect I don't assume or presume in my expressions. My responses and now retort, albeit a derivative, is aimed at truth in posting and product of what has been posted!

I respect the sarcasm an self derision:)

Last edited:
While the answer to this obviously is different every time (there is no one true answer), I do belive that the players (and people in general) have problems taking responsibility for their own actions in many cases.

:wise: Ehm.. we as the customer is always right! :tongue2:

Imagine that, human player base demonstrating human behaviors :laugh:

Reactions: das
MA provide the Entropia Universe plattform for us to use for free, we are free to interact with the universe in any way we want.

Players using bugs, or illegal activities to gain an unfair advantage is something MA must deal with, the rest we pretty much cater for ourselves.

So do we refuse being responsible for our own actions?

Of coarse some do... But you shouldn't use the term "we" because I accept my own responsibilities.:tiphat:

Even if we carry stackables in space and get looted we blame it on s/o else. So do we refuse being responsible for our own actions?

When I complain about losing stackables it has been stackables I didn't intend to bring into space - usually stackables I've tucked away in a box or vehicle when I reached the 200 carried level and then forgot about.

Or last time I first were shouting for a warp ride, got no answer, I took a box with stackables to a trader out of which I sold 90% and right after that I got a chat "Ok I'm ready to leave now" followed by a summon.

(Sigh. Last time I got shot down twice in space. And here I complain about the unsmooth experience about getting shot down in space, and not about losing stackables as if I did everything right I shouldn't have had any stackables. First time I was forcefully revived at space station before the privateer that was shot down had arrived (I would had preferred to be able to wait a minute for privateer to get to space station and then revive so I wouldn't have to wait a minute at the space station doing nothing). Second time I was shot down in spce was by a camper at CSS who shot me down on flying down to planet, sigh.)

Until space you had to have antitoxic shot applied before venturing into lootable pvp (except after some VUs) and there were plenty of warnings and at some points of pvp3 even signs at the border).

As for blaming someone else, as we know the passenger about a space capable ship doesn't get the space popup and no clear point to bail out before ship enters space only the driver gets the popup.

And another time I got shot down in space it was becuause I got a CTD at leaving mothership and when I was able to get ingame again I had HP 0 and was at mothership revival.

(It's a totally different thing if you do take 20k PED of some mineral with you in your quad and you decide to fly by yourself - when you know you're taking a risk and you know the possible outcomes.)¨

As for TT:ing stuff: The confirmation window at the TT only shows the top 5 items or something like that. If you been crafting let's say mining finders there is a great risk your own mining finder might be in the middle of it. Another thing is with the graphic setting I usually run at there isn't much difference between a lump of wool and a target assessment unit (I run with lesser texture resolution so I don't have to wait 5 minutes to open up storage if inside twin peaks servicecenter.)

Last edited:
I guess this is thread is reviewing the opposite debate of the other thread (do you think MA lack responsibility).

I don't think players complain as such but rather air their frustration at times, with the desire to improve upon their entertainment that in most cases they pay for.

Often posts are written from the heart to seek and improve what they feel is unjust, the fact a player wrote such a post could well be considered a responsible action, regardless if some felt it was inappropriate or against their own opinions or self interests.

I think all parties have a duty to each other, even us as ‘player to player’. We enrich the company that provides us entertainment hopefully in a responsible manner, and in return MA should act reasonably and provide a responsible measure of entertainment for that payment received.

Player to player we shouldn’t look to exploit each other at the earliest opportunity when mistakes occur, but look to help our fellow gamers as we all need each other for our world to succeed and prosper. All very noble of course in a game that promotes economic extremes for the benefit of public relations.

Individually we are responsible for our own actions, although as in real life mistakes do happen. Isn’t it responsible behaviour that everyone involved should try and do their best to resolve mistakes honourably in the spirit of humanity and good will.

What are the benefits to EU if we don’t? Did the poor guy that lost his whole stack of CLD’s in error stay in the game? (instead of listing his estate deed instead to auction) then cried out for help on the forum. Was it responsible to do nothing, and lose a good customer and fellow community member that contributed to our economy? I think not, no matter how stupid the error was, the mistake could have been rectified even if a charge was made to correct it. That would be acting responsibly.

We have freedom of speech, but only to the point that we act responsibly with what we say, or we lose that right to those freedoms. Our game will prosper if the belief and duty amongst us all is always held in the upmost respect, from MA board member to the latest newbie in game.

That my friends is responsibility.

Rick

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac
Back