Do the NI freebies still tier up?

Az Bloodz

Elite
Society
kAoS
Az Lammbock Bloodz
Does anyone know this? I'm using the Next Island driller I got from one mission for a very long time and it's stuck at 0.2 for quite some time.

Does anyone know this? I'm using the Next Island driller I got from one mission for a very long time and it's stuck at 0.2 for quite some time.

Maybe it's just an unlucky one :). I have a S.I.Heart with all tiers > 100 (t1 > 150) that I use every day for almost a year and it is 0.3.

Maybe it's just an unlucky one :). I have a S.I.Heart with all tiers > 100 (t1 > 150) that I use every day for almost a year and it is 0.3.

True but that's a fap after all :/. I have a feeling my NIP doesn't move up anymore too and a soc mate of mine just told me they disabled the mission where you get these freebies. Just confused and would like to know before investing more time into something that won't happen at all.

Extractors tier very slowly no matter where they are from. I just finally got to 2.0 on my caly TT driller which was at 1.5 I think before they nerfed the speed on those.

I would be very surprised if NI equipment stopped tiering (more than other planets' gear, anyway). The reason the freebies stopped dropping was not a balancing issue but because the PP has to pay MA for each of those freebies, and presumably the NI PP stopped paying MA for these items. Tiering doesn't cost the PP any money since it doesn't add TT value to the item. Hopefully MA will "unstick" tiering this year but I'm not going to hold my breath since I can imagine tiering rates are a balancing nightmare.

I would be very surprised if NI equipment stopped tiering (more than other planets' gear, anyway). The reason the freebies stopped dropping was not a balancing issue but because the PP has to pay MA for each of those freebies, and presumably the NI PP stopped paying MA for these items. Tiering doesn't cost the PP any money since it doesn't add TT value to the item. Hopefully MA will "unstick" tiering this year but I'm not going to hold my breath since I can imagine tiering rates are a balancing nightmare.

The only free item missions I know that is having issues is the one where you get the NIP and Ammo and have heard some say the Trojan Breast plate mission sometimes does not give them the item. But others I know have gotten all the other items as recently as 2 weeks ago and both got the Trojan Breast Plate, they just never got the NIP and ammo.

If people try to use the mission brokers lined up on Crystal Beach patio they do not work and really should not be there, I think it was a SNAFU and left in when the dev team was fired, if you go to the normal brokers things seem to work fine still, with exception of the two mentioned above, as far as I know and have heard.

I have been using my NI Excavator since I got it from NI about 2 years ago and it is still at 0.3, so ya it tiers very very slow and lvl 1 is at 95.

The tiering system is controlled by MA's dev code. No PP has any control over their planet's item tiering - nor do any PP "devs" code anything.

And UL item tiering was "supposedly" tweaked recently by MA... apparently it is not working.

Back