Weekend warrior available as Mentor

Erastothenes

Guardian
Society
Shaolin
John Erastothenes Bluetail
I have a disciple :) -and on that note, I think I'm best off having one at the time. I dont "multitask" well, and I want to be "there" for the one I have. BUT it's fun, and I leave my post open for possible future entropians who may be interested. I'm kinda slow keeping up here, so best find me ingame - use the Player Register, add me and send me a pm :)

To Mentor or not to Mentor...

Back in time, I considered being a Mentor - but I kept postponing it. "Just get a few more Skills, some more experience", I was thinking.
Then, finally, I tried a few times to find to find a disciple. This was back before VU10, at the "old" arrival place - the Spaceship on the ground where new arrivals appeared.
But this proved difficoult - some players where working hard there to reqruit as many Disciples as they could. The aim, at least for some, was to get as many Disciples as possible - hoping for some nice Mentor reward items.
I was unsuccessful in marketing myself as a Mentor... did not get a single Disciple...

Now, I want to try being a Mentor. So to the point:

• Zip zero nill graduates so far, but I have helped a fair few new players along the years without having been formally a Mentor
  • More than 5 years experience in EU (I can show you my skill-stats ingame if you like)
  • Based on Planet Calypso (open to anyone, anywhere - tho it's more practical to be on the same planet)
  • I'm mostly online weekends, evening/nights (my timezone is GMT + 1). I also try to log in a few weekdays - and can be PM'd here on PlanetCal forum (but I dont log in here everyday so might take some time before I get back to you - best reach me ingame, use the Player Register).
  • I'm not going to pay you to be my Disciple
  • Have spaceship, will travel: I'l be happy to fly you to other planets - make a tour of the Entropia Universe. No charge for Disciples.

I aim to teach you about hunting / mining / crafting / trading, how to avoid scams - all in all how to get by in EU. I'm no genius at any ingame professions, but I'm likely to know way more than you if you are new to this.

Some say you might not really need a Mentor. True for some, less for others, BUT there is one universal point: Graduating will give you some gifts from MA (MindArk), the best being a armor set (Adjusted Pixie) that is maybe the best starter-armor ingame. Oh, and I as Mentor will also get some bit, mostly smalltime I hear but from time to time the Mentor reward is supposed to be something cool. I wouldn't mind ;-)

And even if you dont want me for your Mentor, please feel free to chat me ingame should you see me - any questions you have I'l answer to the best of my ability. I can also, if not in the middle of something, help you get some Teleport's.

Welcome to EU :)

PS...

If you did not know, you can ask to be Friend ingame by right/click anywhere "clear" on your screen, then from the menu that appears, select Player Register. Search for John Erastothenes Bluetail, and hit the Friend Request button located bottom right.
Or. You can have a peek at the Mentor Register, shortkey Y for the Actions Library and search there for "Mentor" - go for the "Mentoring" icon and then select "Mentor Register".

Loads of good mentors in EU, I'd suggest searching this forum on any name you might be interested in, should get you some added info on whomever you look at.

Also, for you new colonists, I started a story on arriving and coping with EU - fiction, but much based on my own experience. If you want a small distraction, check it out:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?189926-Survival-Perhaps

Last edited:
Just like to say that Eras is one of the nicest people in Entropia - I'd highly recommend him as a mentor and great friend :)

Yes a nice bloke indeed :) and lots of game experience to pass on for sure.

Back