Confessions of the current #16 miner

Arch

Old Alpha
Drake Bad Lands
If you saw Drake Bad Lands flashing coming across your screen hundreds of times over the last week with globals and Hofs, I'd like to fill you into my experience. Despite all the upcoming bashing, I still feel compelled to document some of it here.

Last week, I got into my head errr Drake's head that I'd like to do some mining on Foma. So, off I went. What is the cost of the week's experience? About -10k ped. Yes, minus 10k ped. All in all, it was a pretty awful experience. On only one day did I have a profit over what I started out that day and it was gone even sooner the next day.

I did meet some pretty cool people and got tons of skills and 3 hp. The crafters that helped me were great and Geo's shop (Main Complex D #37) was a great plus for amps (and enhancers though I don't use em).

One strange thing, after having burned a ton of Lv 8 amps, I accidentally hit my F101 hotkey which was unamped and boom a 575 ped hof. I later had another unamped hof of 260 some ped, but that was at the end of my experience so it was little consolation.

Amps definitely amp your finds, but they also seem to cap them as well.

Ok, bring on the bashing :ahh:

Reactions: Geo
Nothing to bash really, just simple mathematics that paying 5-5.5% tax from tt value + high level 8s markup + receiving very little markup on ores/enmaters is a guaranteed loss. I still don't get it why Foma is still alive, it just proves how many people don't really pay attention.

Oh, I burned many lv 12s too, which is even worse mu. Plus a few Lv 10s

I still don't get it why Foma is still alive...

That can't be said more wrong I guess when you think of the condition Foma Kalun was in previously...

I went from N/A to number 8 in 6-7 days.

Mining sucks atm, hence why I was N/A before starting.

Did some calculations and thought it would be best to run level 5's

With Level 5 amps I had a Ped card profit of 3000~Ped after 3 days. Then maintained this for the last 4 days making my FOMA experience of 7days very good.

During this time I ran 10 Level 13 amps with the profits, just for jokes still holding that 3000ped :p

ranging froms hof of 800~ped to 70ped.

Not sure if you are moaning, seems like you are a little :D

but level 8 amps are never wise to run :p

I then decided to take some peds out of the game for once

Next day someone who had not been grinding hit ATH of 90kped.

Decided to go on a break for a bit, as grinders never get anything good, always the luckers :p

Just going to play every now and then.

Just my imput, to see the alternative of your story :D

Unless you can constantly hit things that are 150% + MU, I see no reason to pay the MU on those amps unless you wish to see swirlies and advertise your own name.

Guess where all the bad EU's reputation comes from. The AMP's. They are clearly for gambling and if you manage to profit with lv13's on a long run, MA should give you a POE set out of honor.

Not sure if you are moaning, seems like you are a little :D
[/B]:D

yes, i am a little. can you blame me?? i pretty much expected the situation, but i was awlays hopeful.... thanks for the post :)

yes, i am a little. can you blame me?? i pretty much expected the situation, but i was awlays hopeful.... thanks for the post :)

Funny enough, I moaned to MA about why people can come along and hit big claims, when people who grind everyday get ripped off.

I also provide them with over 20 names that had hit towers after less than 5kped on tracker and where new to the game, and also those that had not recieved a single global after these claims.

There response was,

On 2013-05-25 14:06:12 SUPPORT replied:
Jennifer,

thank you for the detailed information. I'll forward this to our team and we will look into this.

Chris | ROCKtropia Support

Jennifer,

We do not ignore reports like this. If possible can you provide us with the names of the participants you mention for further investigation?.

On 2013-05-24 19:10:45 you wrote:
It's cool, you can ignore it :/

On 2013-05-24 19:08:22 SUPPORT replied:
Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for contracting us. I'll make sure to forward this to our team for there acknowledgment.

Kind regards,

Fingers crossed :p

Funny enough, I moaned to MA about why people can come along and hit big claims, when people who grind everyday get ripped off.

I also provide them with over 20 names that had hit towers after less than 5kped on tracker and where new to the game, and also those that had not recieved a single global after these claims.

There response was,

Jennifer,

thank you for the detailed information. I'll forward this to our team and we will look into this.

Jennifer,

We do not ignore reports like this. If possible can you provide us with the names of the participants you mention for further investigation?.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for contracting us. I'll make sure to forward this to our team for there acknowledgment.

Kind regards,

Thanks for that post, too. I'll make sure to forward this to my team for there acknowledgment. :yay:

First of all, so sorry for your loss on FOMA, bro. Secondly, it's all about the MU (The amps you bought+The ores you mined+The ores you sold to traders) Still, 10k peds loss within one week is suck :eyecrazy:

PS: Hope you and your gf will have a nice holiday on Bahamas, better to take a break from EU and enjoy the... Sunshine+beaches+boobies lol (Oopsie, think your gf won't mind :p)

Why lvl 8 instead of D-class?

I guess the question is, if the amps have too much MU for miners to seek the required return, does that mean the L8 crafters are profiting?

If the L8 amp crafters are not profiting, are the players supplying the materials to craft those L8 amps profiting?

LOL.....I’m sure we all know the answers to those questions already.

Basic truth is, if you deposit $500 - $1000 to blast it up in any of the professions, you will generally ring some decent bells for a while (maybe a few weeks).

Maybe if you loot some unlimited item worth a few K+, that might save you a bit longer, although in 8 years I'm yet to see such an item myself.

The personal question is, do you consider that spend to equate to reasonable value, and are you happy with that measure of “risk and reward” for $1,000?

Are the skills earned valuable enough to recover the loss, and are we supposed to sell surplus skills once we maxed the tools we want to use?

Whatever excuses and reasons for failure players like to attribute to the issue......”MA can pay you if they want too”....don't forget that.

Rick

Thought I'd give a brief update here on my progress, if you want to call it that. Made it to #11 miner now, at an additional cost of 10k ped. :( This brings my total to a negative about 25k ped. So, don't get jealous at my hofs because it definitely was not worth it. The last 10k was using level 13s, I know I know, you don't even need to say it.

Anyway, I guess I have learned a couple of things albeit the hard way. Obviously, the markup on those amps is way to high to justify using them for any extended period of time. I burned through plenty of them without even 1 hit. Several had just 1 find which is still a loss. And only a handful with multiple finds. In retrospect, using amps with a lower mu and strictly concentrating on areas that have better ore markup would have been a much wiser choice. I realize this is common knowledge, but I was chasing the dream.

In the past few weeks on foma, my highest was 965 with a lv 12 and the next 2 highest were unamped (around 550 ped each).

I had done this to myself once before when it was club neverdie and then I got so disenchanted I left the game. After a while, I came back in this new avatar. This time, I'm not going to leave, but I will adjust my gameplay with the lessons I've learned and see what happens and hopefully it won't get too expensive.

I'm sure it will be a matter of time, but I will binge once again. Once a gambler, always a gambler I guess. I hope I just don't let it get out of hand when I chase the tower that never came.

Thought I'd give a brief update here on my progress, if you want to call it that. Made it to #11 miner now, at an additional cost of 10k ped. :( This brings my total to a negative about 25k ped. So, don't get jealous at my hofs because it definitely was not worth it. The last 10k was using level 13s, I know I know, you don't even need to say it.

Anyway, I guess I have learned a couple of things albeit the hard way. Obviously, the markup on those amps is way to high to justify using them for any extended period of time. I burned through plenty of them without even 1 hit. Several had just 1 find which is still a loss. And only a handful with multiple finds. In retrospect, using amps with a lower mu and strictly concentrating on areas that have better ore markup would have been a much wiser choice. I realize this is common knowledge, but I was chasing the dream.

In the past few weeks on foma, my highest was 965 with a lv 12 and the next 2 highest were unamped (around 550 ped each).

I had done this to myself once before when it was club neverdie and then I got so disenchanted I left the game. After a while, I came back in this new avatar. This time, I'm not going to leave, but I will adjust my gameplay with the lessons I've learned and see what happens and hopefully it won't get too expensive.

I'm sure it will be a matter of time, but I will binge once again. Once a gambler, always a gambler I guess. I hope I just don't let it get out of hand when I chase the tower that never came.

I am sorry to say it, and i am sorry for your loss, but that is exactly the result which can be predicted from your playstyle .

You where told after your first 10k.

Then you go and buy even higher MU amps.

So I just find this funny now :)

I love people liek you, feeding my lootpool :D

Keep going.

Maybe use the TT finder on foma, with level 13s and remember to triple drop and drop every 10m !!!

There response was,

Jennifer,

Jennifer,

Hi Jennifer,

Kind regards,

i provided them names of 20+ ppl who had a tower on first mining global.. also there was one newb with 2 towera out of 3 globals.. (shoti or something) its just fuckd up to see these after 7 years without tower and countles amps wasted

Tell you what...... I can promise you better returns on investment next time you feel like wasting 25k ped!

PM me and i'll run you through some details, btw you MIGHT even profit this time!

You where told after your first 10k.

Then you go and buy even higher MU amps.

So I just find this funny now :)

I love people liek you, feeding my lootpool :D

Keep going.

Maybe use the TT finder on foma, with level 13s and remember to triple drop and drop every 10m !!!

Like I said, I learned the lesson the hard way.

But, I will turn globals on so I can see how well fed your lootpool is now.

Tell you what...... I can promise you better returns on investment next time you feel like wasting 25k ped!

PM me and i'll run you through some details, btw you MIGHT even profit this time!

Lol, yes. I can say with absolute certainty you could have provided me with better returns.

i provided them names of 20+ ppl who had a tower on first mining global.. also there was one newb with 2 towera out of 3 globals.. (shoti or something) its just fuckd up to see these after 7 years without tower and countles amps wasted

Ask Shoti now... I know he will tell you he payed for those towers OVER and OVER again.

Ask Shoti now... I know he will tell you he payed for those towers OVER and OVER again.

He said that already like 2 years ago or so, can't be arsed tho to search the post.

Ontopic, chasing the dream is not mandatory a bad stuff to do, as long as you're comfortable with the cost and as long as the dream itself could reasonably adjust your return.

Given the potential of foma and of amps over a certain level, you're not that wrong. BUT. Do you really want a, say, 50k ATh and still be in loss after a such short period? I can't imagine a more bitter situation.

Imo right now you should aim for more drops, not for more leverage.

Last edited:
still a loser, but much happier atm

I still don't get it why Foma is still alive.

It's all about the dream!

FOMA and others alike are just the same as crafting on condition!

still a loser, but much happier atm

When noticing that you registered an avatar called "mybig fat cock" in my upcomming event a few minuts ago.

I suppose that you are not that happy, indeed.

Congratulations anyway !

Back