Question: How much cans and fields for skilling coloring?

Misa

Young
Society
Kaos
Tirya Misa Castine
So, I know skilling coloring is: coloring, bleaching, coloring, bleaching, etc.

But what is a good amount of paint cans to use for each iteration (just for skilling, not for getting a good coloring result).

And does it matter if you use 1 field, or 2, or 3... ?

Thanks!

:)

skilling colouring

hey brad here I like to give u my information also when I was skilling colouring I used 100 can's per each go but I was colour then bleech then color then bleech I found that quicker then doing the books it save time also u notice how quick it will go up

I have noticed also don't matter if u get heaps or less skills using 100 cans or 1 can or 1k can's per each go u get the same skills if u doing it with 100 but I choosed 100 cuz you will get 10 extra go's then if u used the whole 1k cans

The previous posters have much more experience in colouring than I but I wanted to share my approach. I skill with all paints (and textures) of reasonable MU but I use ped value instead of number of cans. You dont have to have SIB to gain skill. Of course using paints above your level is going to produce a poor result in terms of the finished product, but if you are bleaching or TTing then that doesnt matter.

I started with a few pedTT per click. I check my relevant skills before I start. When I gain skill I check that skill to see how much it has increased, if it is less than 1 skill point then I increase the ped value. This is because I have found the skill gain amount to be related to the TT value expended. At the moment I am doing 7-8 ped per click. That's 700 orange, 100 green, etc.

I'd be interested to hear if there is a flaw to this method.

The previous posters have much more experience in colouring than I but I wanted to share my approach. I skill with all paints (and textures) of reasonable MU but I use ped value instead of number of cans. You dont have to have SIB to gain skill. Of course using paints above your level is going to produce a poor result in terms of the finished product, but if you are bleaching or TTing then that doesnt matter.

I started with a few pedTT per click. I check my relevant skills before I start. When I gain skill I check that skill to see how much it has increased, if it is less than 1 skill point then I increase the ped value. This is because I have found the skill gain amount to be related to the TT value expended. At the moment I am doing 7-8 ped per click. That's 700 orange, 100 green, etc.

I'd be interested to hear if there is a flaw to this method.

yep thats perfectly correct, the tt value is most important (ofc SIB will give a weeee little more skill). I still skill with green cuz I get tons of it, I just use 1k per click now :eyecrazy:

only take care to not use too much, because there is a skill gain cap so a beginner use 1k deep cadmium per click thats a hell lot of waste where you will get no skill return

http://valnor.webs.com/amountssuccesrateinfo.htm

Dessy Valnor has a great website dedicated to a lot of research in this area, the above link shows you how you can work with saturation levels with paints and textures, using different amounts of materials.

I usually put 300 cans per field and I just use the low mu paints that I loot, usually between 15-30 ped per attempt. Also as others have said it is cheaper to skill using L bp books and tt-ing them afterward then colouring and bleaching the same item over and over.

Now this resolves my wonders overdays
when someone saying i am wrong with using 323cans
(Akuma is part of my name)
Akuma I've been playing for over 3 years. If your using 323 cans, you shouldn't be painting that color
I use 34 cans of orange even for 100% fill color
I can do the highest of my skill with less then 100
Nice to see you scam coloring services from people.
If you need to use more then 150 cans...you shouldn't be painting that color.
If anyone needs a coloring job go see (Name Deleted) at Twin Peaks.
(End of quote of someone in local chat over me on June 10th)

Despite my wonder is ended in the thread, but does this statement still valid?

Now this resolves my wonders overdays
when someone saying i am wrong with using 323cans
(Akuma is part of my name)
Despite my wonder is ended in the thread, but does this statement still valid?

It's commonly agreed that 323 cans/textures are needed for 100% saturation, even if you are massively overskilled for the given material. (Actually 904 are neded for an absolute guarantee. If you hover that mouse over a stack of 323, then your "chance of success" shows as 99%. but if you use 323 , then failures are about as common as uber HoFs)

However, due to high variance, you can get very good results with much smaller stacks. I got a high saturation orange with 1 can once! You also get a lot of total fails to even things out.

When applying textures, the % shows on the finished article. With colours it doesn't. It is common to get 95- 99% with stacks of 200. With colours, this would likely be indistinguishable from 100%. This enables some people (with limited experience) to be overoptimistic!

I sometimes offer to use smaller stacks to save people PED, but do warn them about the resulting chance of failure. I haven't heard of any reputable colourer being willing to use less than 100!

Hope this answers your question!

jay :)

Last edited:
It's commonly agreed that 323 cans/textures are needed for 100% saturation, even if you are massively overskilled for the given material. (Actually 904 are neded for an absolute guarantee. If you hover that mouse over a stack of 323, then your "chance of success" shows as 99%. but if you use 323 , then failures are about as common as uber HoFs)

However, due to high variance, you can get very good results with much smaller stacks. I got a high saturation orange with 1 can once! You also get a lot of total fails to even things out.

When applying textures, the % shows on the finished article. With colours it doesn't. It is common to get 95- 99% with stacks of 200. With colours, this would likely be indistinguishable from 100%. This enables some people (with limited experience) to be overoptimistic!

I sometimes offer to use smaller stacks to save people PED, but do warn them about the resulting chance of failure. I haven't heard of any reputable colourer being willing to use less than 100!

Hope this answers your question!

jay :)

yep, Jay is right. 323 and you will get 100% nearly always , even with large striped cotton when I use 322 I get 99,8% 99,5% 98% .. but with 323 the result is 100% 100% 100%. like jay said it is hard to spot the difference in colors so ppl say it is 100% and nobody can proove them right or wrong. but with less than 100 cans or even just 34 cans the result will most likely always have low saturation. maybe it depends how you define "failure" - for me a result below 95% will allready be a failure. if ppl use many many fields in one color I recommend using 200 cans and redo if one item gets a low saturation because that can be still cheaper than doing all with 323cans, but with high level colors you dont want to be forced to redo it. (and it does feel like they are failing easier, or at least you spot the difference better if black is not 100% black or burgundy is not 100% burgundy)

Back