Question: Can you earn real life currency from sweating? (Very noobish question!)

Vexarus

I haven't played Planet Calypso yet, I am still considering if it would be worth my time or not. I read you can trade in-game currency for real life currency (minimum 1000 PEDs for 100 dollars if I am not mistaken?).

My question is: can you play for free, without investing real life money in the game, and eventually over a long period of time accumulate enough PEDs to trade for real life currency? More precisely, doing free tasks such as sweating

I haven't played Planet Calypso yet, I am still considering if it would be worth my time or not. I read you can trade in-game currency for real life currency (minimum 1000 PEDs for 100 dollars if I am not mistaken?).

My question is: can you play for free, without investing real life money in the game, and eventually over a long period of time accumulate enough PEDs to trade for real life currency? More precisely, doing free tasks such as sweating

sure but you'll get money faster collecting cans irl

Yes, it is possible, but will take a very long time and require lots of patience and activity.

The fastest way to do it (if you really do not want to invest any PED to start with) would probably be to sweat and do jobs (advertising for other players, for example) until you have enough PED to start trading with. With a lot of work and enough knowledge, you may be able to do it.

EDIT: If you want to try and make money, I would instead suggest that you deposit a few 100 PED to begin with. This would make it much easier to start trading, or even mining (though this require even more knowledge than regular trading, and a bit of luck as well).

First question that pops up is how did you hear about Entropia Universe? Yes you can indeed trade PED for dollar.

To answer your question: Yes you can, but it will take a long time. There are easier ways of making PED; trading, healing, advertising. For profit let me tell you this: Don't go hunting/mining/crafting you'll only end up losing ped :yay:

Yes, but if you only play free to make money.

Your going to have a bad time.

Also you won't be here long :D

I'd say that really depends on the mindset of the person, and his/her definition of fun... Most would probably be bored doing it, but I have met several people who had really fun doing such things and could not imagine playing any other way.

Having a 3 D Chat while making a few Cents its not the worst thing you can do in Entropia :)
At least you will not have lost 500 or 1000 Ped after one bad day :wtg:

Lets see... ideally you can gather 300 sweat bottles/hour, 1k bottles go for - ideally, again - 2 peds. If you'll sweat for 10-12 hours a day, you can earn 6-7 peds a day (1 ped is 0.1$). In reality, it may take more time to sell the sweat than to gather it, especially for anything above 1.5 ped/k.

If you'll work every day without weekends, you can earn 18-20$ a month. Subtract electricity and internet cost, hardware amortization, and probably a medical care (you'll need a psychiatrist).

EDIT: also keep in mind that the minimal sum to withdraw is 1000 ped and the fee is 1% and 100 ped minimum, so you probably shouldn't quit your current job for the next 6 months.

Last edited:
I think it would be more realistic to ask the following question before any other question:

Can I make it in Calypso without depositing money?

Once that one has been answered you're free to explore 'Can I make real cash in Calypso?'.
I'm one of those who don't deposit and it is HARD to make any PED at all - even with nice soc mates who buy sweat at 2PED/k even though they prefer it would go to the open market.

How can you state that?

Everyone (gladly) is not like you, some people actually want to become something and set goals for themselves... Some people find "fun" in finding a way to make real life cash instead of blowing them on endless grinding =)

This might be the game for OP, and I really do not understand why you answer like this when someone asks a question about the game, esp when it is someone new... Are you trying to scare people off???

Perhaps YOU are lazy and arrogant, and had hoped that all you had to do to earn peds was to shoot a mob and loot it without giving a single fuck :) instead of trying to tell him that he will be bored, how about telling him it will be hard, but give it your best shot. ?

I think it would be more realistic to ask the following question before any other question:

Can I make it in Calypso without depositing money?

Once that one has been answered you're free to explore 'Can I make real cash in Calypso?'.
I'm one of those who don't deposit and it is HARD to make any PED at all - even with nice soc mates who buy sweat at 2PED/k even though they prefer it would go to the open market.

Good attitude. Smart person. +rep. Listen to this guy.

For the record the answer is yes. I spoke to a person who started playing 5 years ago. They have deposited precisely 0 dollars and 0 cents. Over the course of 5 years through smart playing and good contacts they have built up a business worth over $500k USD within Entropia.

Yep the beauty with Entropia unlike any other game I’m aware of is that you can withdraw the entire value of your avatar back into the real world....cool ehhh.

Although let’s be honest about it, if it was so easy to make money the game would’ve gone bankrupted years ago. So everything you buy for your avatar be it a gun or armour is an investment in your avatar, all your skills have value too.

If I had my time over again, I would’ve not sweated so much at the start and deposited bigger amounts to develop my avatar faster. I’ve been here around 8 years and have over 300K skills, sold a tiny bit of skill the other day for $140 (see what I mean).

The game at times can be frustrating, although stick with it long enough and not only can it be very enjoyable, but the day you decide leave, you can sell it all and walk away with a big pile of cash.

Takes money to make money. Get your card out, and get busy living.....lol.

Rick

Good attitude. Smart person. +rep. Listen to this guy.

For the record the answer is yes. I spoke to a person who started playing 5 years ago. They have deposited precisely 0 dollars and 0 cents. Over the course of 5 years through smart playing and good contacts they have built up a business worth over $500k USD within Entropia.

Thanks for the +rep. :)

Also, this gives me hope. There have been days where I've been utterly frustrated with lack of progress in terms of income. Pretty much everything I make (which is very little) goes to ammo. Some are put into saving for nicer clothes (I'm still running around in my yellow jumpsuit!).

There are no quick fixes in this game as has been previously stated. I have been playing just over a year and a half. I wasted a lot of money at the start just running around shooting stuff. If this is what you want to do better buy a copy of COD.

The more I learnt in game the more I realised that it is much much more than a simple shoot 'em up. Recent RL events have meant that I cant depo as much as I used to, so I started trading, I wont say what in but anyone who knows me in game knows what I buy and sell.

My aim atm is to continue to play with minimal or no depiong at all. This can be hard when waiting to sell items and requires patience and an understanding of current market supply and demand. Having said that I have not depo'd now for 2 months and that is a great a feeling which easily compensates for the sometimes boring act of trading.

Anyway GL in EU and I hope you get as much enjoyment from it as I know a lot of other players have.

Back in 2005? (ish), i spent my first 4 months sweating, exploring, meeting people. Generally just loving it, i suppose it comes down to your idea of fun.

Fun for me was finding out how the game works, while not depositing a penny. I tried trading but was sooooo bad at it, (apparently no patience for it) that i gave up and ended up mining my way up.

There is no cure for a quick fix in PE if you dont understand the mechanics.

You can easily blow $1000 in a day, or if you idea of fun is the little stuff, $10 can last you an eon!!! Or sweating for small amounts of peds and go shoot the punies for blazars!

Comes down to why you play.

If you are looking for profit.....dont deposit and spend a few months understanding this game
And record EVERYTHING in excel.

If you are not worried about profit, don't deposit and spend a few months understanding this game
And don't bother recording anything, just have fun

But i cannot stress enough, get to know it before you put money in

Just my two pecs

Rgds

Ace

This game = pay for entertainment.

if you skip the entertainment and don't play the game, then it's possible to make money in entropia.

here's the howto:

-do the newbie missions and get some weapons and a free vehicle and some ammo
when you leave the gateway you will have 2-4 ped

- do all the sometrics offerings to get some free ped in the game, depending on your country 10-80 ped

-do the free missions which give you mission tokens, if you have done all the missions you will have 25 ped worth of tokens

-go to the newbie rig and stand in line all day to get another 8 ped

- sweat until you have 12000 bottles for another 20 ped

do not play the game! do not shoot bullets or mine or craft.

with your newly acquired ped buffer, trade trade trade.

Sweat is ot the key for régular withdraws.
Information and knowledge are the keys, and only after that, skills.

Take some time to understand basics, and then, take enough time to choose a very good mentor.

Some people here on forum and in game know how to profit in game, and some offer their knowledge to few selected ones.

A good mentor will give you keys to profit.

edit : fun to see how people use to think you can't be successful with the 3 basic professions...

Feith

Back