Question: What is your succes story?

Infinity

Alpha
Mr Infinity Infinity
After reading a thread if we ever did a withdraw i was wondering if some people want to tell why they are so succesfull in this game. Means that if you did a depo you made alot more peds till now or maybe you are rich ingame and never did a depo, tell us how you did it :)

8 years back i started sweating at camp phoenix. Sweat had a good price back then. So i earned my first peds with that. I did alot of tp runs back in the days, not only because it was fun but i also found out that there were alot of nice ppl that were giving free stuff to nice new players. Next to that, when i had some sweat i asked fancy looking players in private pm if they please could help me and buy my sweat. Some of them were also very nice and gave me armor, weapons etc. Mostly worth more then sweat. Even Neverdie once gave me an opalo and 10ped ammo for like 2ped worth sweat :)

After some years fucking around and wasting peds i gathered by doing the above i noticed that i needed another form of income. So i sold all my skills, where like 4500 rifle skills and the other skills you get by killing tons of daikiba's at the old swampcamp. With that money i started buying wools and some paints at port atlantis. It went good, i always needed more money, but i also made more money. After a while it worked better when i let 3 new ppl buy those wools etc for me and at the end of the day i bought their stacks and sold them in auction.

In auction i learned how to buy for example all daikibawools so there was nothing left and relist small stacks and made some profit with that.
1 day when i was busy with selling stacks i saw that someone made a mistake in auction and sold a maddox 4 for way too less peds. I bought it very fast and since that day i sniped auction.

I made tons of peds with that, bought several estate deeds for tt, bought alot of bp's for way too less. Most i made in 1 deal was 22000ped. But alot of times i made 1k/2k peds per item. Average was like 200/800 ped a day.
I also managed to get a shopdeed on cnd. I decided to buy ores on cnd and promote my shop. Also that was a good choise..
Later i sold it again, cause players were able to fly with their own sleipnir to foma.

Today i dont have as much time left as before, i still make nice profit but how i wont tell yet ;)

Hope new traders can get some inspiration by this :)

So now your turn to tell your story.

Wish i had one heheheheheh :p

the reseller dream/story..
Here's some story about real activity in the lootsystem.

1. Started from scratch, skilled up & wasted a lot of peds, got a chomp ath with UL hl15 & R150.
Traded the R150 for an i287 (added some peds) while not having enough skills fort the i287 & kept the HL15 to skill with.
Kept depoing & got a 41.5k spider ath in oils.
Sold some, did a small withdrawl, (less then 10% of what i depo'd), bought a adj fap.
Kept grinding & skilling till I got a 36.6k krelt ATH.
Since then, kept grinding & skilling till I maxed the I2870, over 260 hp & lvl 64 evader, over 2 years now without a hof over 5k TT...
TYVM MA & go figure why I have a sales thread.

Das

Last edited:

1. Started from scratch, skilled up & wasted a lot of peds, got a chomp ath with UL hl15 & R150.
Traded the R150 for an i287 while not having enough skills & kept the HL15 to skill with.
Kept deoping & got a 41.5k spider ath in oils.
Sold some, did a small withdrawl, (less then 10% of what i depo'd), bought a adj fap.
Since then, kept grinding & skilling till I maxed the I2870, over 260 hp & lvl 64 evader, over 2 years now without a hof over 5k TT...

Das

Am I reading this right? 3 ATH's with a couple of great unlimited weapons and you're cashing out 'cause you haven't had your regular ath?

Am I reading this right? 3 ATH's with a couple of great unlimited weapons and you're cashing out 'cause you haven't had your regular ath?

No, like usual you are reading what you want to read.
Wonna post your depo's vs withdrawls?

No, like usual you are reading what you want to read.
Wonna post your depo's vs withdrawls?

It's been years since I depo'd, all I do these days us withdraw.

It's been years since I depo'd, all I do these days us withdraw.

& still you have a problem with me selling out & doing a withdrawl becouse of bad loots or not getting the items I think I deserve?
Now I'm kinda happy you deleted me from fl a long time ago.
All I can say is, I hope it never happends to you but I don't see ANY reason to keep my amount of skills &/or skills ingame to lose my ass off.
I've been pretty active for the last 7 years (n°50 all time hunter on ET), & yet I see noobs with L gear perform better then my ava, & with better I don't mean just a few K ped loot/month.

Ps. If someone thinks I'm whining too much, don't PM Syri but have the decensy to tell it to my face!

PS 2, just for slither, best armor looted was 1 Jag SGA part.. go figure Mr. imp vigi.
I just don't see the use of skilling up anymore, let anole progress.. Like I'm gonna buy an angel set or shadow from profits.. Ain't gonna happen in the next 5 years

I got no problem with you getting pissed off or cashing out some or all your peds. I simply asked a question 'cause I was a little unclear on what you said but you decided to get snotty about it instead of clearing up confusion. Reading back on it I did sound a bit of an arse but I tend to get a little irritated when talking about ATH's (39th alltime hunter list with biggest hof of 2824 can do that to you :laugh:)

Anyway I'm too tier for this shit i'm going to bed, sorry if I offended. GL mate, hope things get better.

Traded the R150 for an i287 (added some peds) while not having enough skills fort the i287 & kept the HL15 to skill with.
Kept depoing & got a 41.5k spider ath in oils.

Das

oh no 2 years without hof over 5k in TT (most likely nice items)

how about 7 years without hof over 5k tt or MU..

I got no problem with you getting pissed off or cashing out some or all your peds. I simply asked a question 'cause I was a little unclear on what you said but you decided to get snotty about it instead of clearing up confusion. Reading back on it I did sound a bit of an arse but I tend to get a little irritated when talking about ATH's (39th alltime hunter list with biggest hof of 2824 can do that to you :laugh:)

Anyway I'm too tier for this shit i'm going to bed, sorry if I offended. GL mate, hope things get better.

Well, I answered your question, if you wonna discuss this more.. I'll talk you tomorrow.
& no, I'm not counting on things to get better as Kim siad loot has never been better..
yet I see the same ppl getting paid over & over

funny how succes stories turn into "holy shit my loot sucks and i'm so unhappy i might cry" stories.

Editing tomorrow for my succes story :yay:

funny how succes stories turn into "holy shit my loot sucks and i'm so unhappy i might cry" stories.

Editing tomorrow for my succes story :yay:

Well, consider it the' burst my bubble posts'..
looking at my activity & some of my ath's I can't blame ppl for thinking i'm part of 1 of the success stories, yet i'm here to tell the real truth
& no, I don't have a problem with MA/claypso ppl telling the real numbers

Hi Das,

Don't sweat it mate, you had a good run in PE/EU playing for virtually free most of the way.

Things are kind of scary these days, you need to see it more as paid for entertainment now.

Unless you were smart throughout the good periods it is very hard to make any profit these days;
Or get lucky.

On a personal level I have put in ~ 40k usd and taken out very little over the years;
Since 07 where things started to get screwy.

Anyway put in 9k usd recently took out a little bit primarily from buying and selling skills.

About to put in another 4k usd in the next few weeks, but this time to skill natural and not TT any loot :)

I know I won't be able to play for free, but at least the new method slows things down a lot;
It will make the funds last just a little bit longer!

Cheers,
Lavawalker/Viperstrike

Well, just to clarify things..
Most ppl who never or haven't talked much to me ingame look at me as THE succes story as i never traded my way up.
Yes, I'm maxed on my main gun,.
Yes I might be able to keep my peds cyling & break even WHEN LUCKY.
BUT when unlucky like now atm, I lose on avg 3k ped/week...
Is this what I need +50k ped in gear for & another +35k PED TT in skills?
I love how I hear some ppl talk about avatar progression etc.. I never played to make cash, still I played to increase my ava (skills + gear) but after 2 years of cycling peds( +1.5 million peds) I must draw the conclusion that someone at the office doesn't agree with me.
My best setup after all these years (7 years) is phantom +5b & an ajdusted fap
Hell, even the L faps I use are VERY RARE to be found (lvl 55 medic)
It just makes me wonder, why do I bother..
I have the skills & the gear but when I go to the rig for example.. I get mobtrained & flamed by some noobs.
Something that 5 years ago wouldn't have happend. (I did train belza with 2 mid size spider (prov-domi) BUT, it costed me 2h+ & 150 ped in ME/tagging with my marber to get them there. It actually felt like an achievement knowing belza made 600-800 ped/day at the rig being an ass.. these days it's just diifrent.
We all play the same game, wether we are lvl 40 or lvl 100. The diffrence between 2.95 or 3.0 dpp is too small with current lootsystem to justify the investment.
Almost every item I have has been nerfed to shit.
Take my sala set for example..
Segs USED TO BE one of the few mobs that where worth hunting taxed but someone at the CALYPSO team (yes, Kim) decided it was better to make martial/tiger drop from cheaper to hunt mobs. Not only that, he increased droprate on shadow L etc.. & for what?
to make it cheaper for unskilled ppl. He increased HA on UL guns.. but me with my maxed hit & dmg, do I get Less misses.. I think not & ET confirms this.. SO what do I need skills for.
Does camping & activity work? I have +200 solo BB globals & another +150 in team of 2..
Go look at everyone who had a +2k loot this bot event & you'll notice they all had less then 60 BB globals.
Same goes for segs wich I camped b4.
There's alot more to be said but I'm kinda tiered & not really in the mood to discuss this, just felt I had to respond to THE SUCCESS STORIES OF EU.
The game could be so much better IF it was just more fair... & I'm not even talking about competing to those ppl who play with 3-4 persons on 1 'UBER' ava

Last edited:
I know how Das feels, but isn't it just better to stop playing for a while? just stop. Take a holiday or something, forget about EU for 2-4 weeks and then start playing again. There is no point blaming ''noobs'' for doing better than you in L stuff, since they will tell you to do the same. Get the point? It's not about them, it's about you really. Sure, most of the ATH's on the list are FROM the LOSS people have had over the years and finally got a payback, but if you CHASE it, you will lose PED a lot quicker than before... this is the main reason why to stop playing for a while, take a break... if you chase, you lose. Either play the game to enjoy, or chase ATH's for losses :):yup:

As for the topic... success? Never heard of it :D Seriously now, there are quite a few great success stories that have inspired new/old players :) Can't talk about my self and success yet though hehe

Reactions: das
Well, just to clarify things..
Most ppl who never or haven't talked much to me ingame look at me as THE succes story as i never traded my way up.
Yes, I'm maxed on my main gun,.
Yes I might be able to keep my peds cyling & break even WHEN LUCKY.
BUT when unlucky like now atm, I lose on avg 3k ped/week...
Is this what I need +50k ped in gear for & another +35k PED TT in skills?
I love how I hear some ppl talk about avatar progression etc.. I never played to make cash, still I played to increase my ava (skills + gear) but after 2 years of cycling peds( +1.5 million peds) I must draw the conclusion that someone at the office doesn't agree with me.
My best setup after all these years (7 years) is phantom +5b & an ajdusted fap
Hell, even the L faps I use are VERY RARE to be found (lvl 55 medic)
It just makes me wonder, why do I bother..
I have the skills & the gear but when I go to the rig for example.. I get mobtrained & flamed by some noobs.
Something that 5 years ago wouldn't have happend. (I did train belza with 2 mid size spider (prov-domi) BUT, it costed me 2h+ & 150 ped in ME/tagging with my marber to get them there. It actually felt like an achievement knowing belza made 600-800 ped/day at the rig being an ass.. these days it's just diifrent.
We all play the same game, wether we are lvl 40 or lvl 100. The diffrence between 2.95 or 3.0 dpp is too small with current lootsystem to justify the investment.
Almost every item I have has been nerfed to shit.
Take my sala set for example..
Segs USED TO BE one of the few mobs that where worth hunting taxed but someone at the CALYPSO team (yes, Kim) decided it was better to make martial/tiger drop from cheaper to hunt mobs. Not only that, he increased droprate on shadow L etc.. & for what?
to make it cheaper for unskilled ppl. He increased HA on UL guns.. but me with my maxed hit & dmg, do I get Less misses.. I think not & ET confirms this.. SO what do I need skills for.
Does camping & activity work? I have +200 solo BB globals & another +150 in team of 2..
Go look at everyone who had a +2k loot this bot event & you'll notice they all had less then 60 BB globals.
Same goes for segs wich I camped b4.
There's alot more to be said but I'm kinda tiered & not really in the mood to discuss this, just felt I had to respond to THE SUCCESS STORIES OF EU.
The game could be so much better IF it was just more fair... & I'm not even talking about competing to those ppl who play with 3-4 persons on 1 'UBER' ava

Fuck me u loose 3k ped a week thats not bad is chipping out 3k ped worth of skills a week a option to keep u at break even and hunting longer

I feel bad for your losses das, even i know how it feels losing peds playing this game. For me thats the reason i dont craft, mine or hunt anymore. But lets be positive now. Maybe there is someone that hunts or crafts and want to tell us that/how they manage to break even or profit :)

Reactions: das
Fuck me u loose 3k ped a week thats not bad is chipping out 3k ped worth of skills a week a option to keep u at break even and hunting longer

yes 3k is not bad at all a week... quite average for highly active hunters...

I have lost more then that in a day eco hunting...

I have lost more then that in a day eco hunting...

Except, you know, you do not hunt eco... Though that's another story :rolleyes:

is joker on this thread still joker from past or the new one? i am confused sometimes.....
please clarify who you are...... or just shutup.

And this thread is about success Stories. not bitchfests

My success story is I Depoed a XXXX amount of funds and i slowly learned the game.... made financial errors along the way lost a lot of ped...... Crafted and got a 37k ath back in the day..... lucky.... lost that kept mining constantly mining fine tuning my game.... Mined till i could either withdraw a big amount or... buy a unl amp.. which i did!!! sweeeet

and ya.... now i am worth XXXXX pretty good for 7 years of gaming......

the difference is i played the game..... i didn't let the game play me...

anyways the best way i have been so Freaken successful is just having fun.. even stress is fun....!!! lol

Here is my story ( Even what I can kinda remember when I first started to play )

So.....

My brother was a big gamer.
When we were young we played Medal of honor and were making like $1 for a Clan game win!
From this game, my brother discovered Project entropia, naturally, him being my older brother I followed him to Project entropia.
I was aware you could deposit, but being young I did not have funds or any means to deposit, however I do remember putting some in via PayByCash.
Anyway, we started playing and I funded my game by, sweating, running, oilrig and selling loot for hunters.

I worked my way up to having a vigi/nem/angel armor build and had a DOA and a ML-35 (I Think, I am 90% sure I had these weapons/armor, but It might have been a dream, as it was a while ago I can't really be sure) I am 100% sure I had a v1 minesweeper though and a maddox 4, pretty sure it was at this stage too, but I have left and joined this game some many times, who knows. I also think my brother had a mod merc, to which I used, but again this was a while ago and this could have been a dream I am not sure.

Anyway, after playing for a while, hunting spiders and atrox by trapping them, I left. Not sure why, but I quit.

Around 2005

I came back, focused on hunting, also sweated those annoying little flying bug things at camp phoenix (however its spelt). Here I killed a berc and got some nice item, some gloves? or some armor part.

Also had my first hunting HOF of around 300ped from a combibo.

Then I had a long break and rejoined around 2008

Focused on hunting, putting in 500ped a month, worked my way up to 130k~ skills.

Hit some nice loots with this avatar. Had a lot of stamina too :DD

Anyway sold out this fella, skills gear everything, made back around 50% of what I put in. Not to bad

I would estimate I put in arounD £500-£800.

Went on another break

Then Lady Jennifer - Account Created 2011-03-17 (my most successful avatar)

Started off with my opalo, skilling up. Joined NBK Army, made Colonel. Happy times lots of friends, lots of laughs, playing for cheap.

Then I discovered amps.

It was a terrible time. I spent the majority of my overall deposits in a few months chasing that tower that never came.

I then had exams/deadlines at unis so really focused on these. Gained good results, so over summer I though "I don't really need a job, so I will just play games and Golf". So I did. (this was last year)

Learnt mining inside out. Mining unamped, doing 30 odd runs a day of 100ped. Held returns off 110/120/130 for 1 month each. Increasing as my experience turned. Just before the mining system changed I had a return of 125% from combined professions. I was in lee money!! (well for me I was, for others what I was making was nothing).

I was happy, could hunt with profits from mining, even turned to a bit of pvp and space PVP.

The the mining system changed and I could not hold a return over 95%. Was slowly losing money and really lost any joy I had from mining.

So I upgraded my hunting gear, brought a foxtrot me and BCC amp and took to pvp and hunting. Blow most my peds this way over a few months.

Then I sold all this gear pretty recently.

Took to FOMA with level 5's for 1 week.

Got to 8 top miner in globals within a few days.

Ran some level 13's.

Began to see my returns falling so I stopped, cleaned my storage sold all my gear, withdrew.

I estimate I have deposited around £1000 with this avatar and withdrew £300 the other week.

Now I have nothing, nothing in storage nothing in my inventory other than a few finders and drills.

I am now mining every now and then and on a semi break, waiting for things to settle down.

Saving up, as I want to hit the next new planet or Moon pretty hard.

All in all, my EU life has been pretty fun, a few down turns, which annoy the hell out of me, but I really shouldn't complain.

I have 100k skills to which 30k where skilled and the over 70k where from me just blowing ped and having fun.

I would do things differently If i could change back time, but not going to dwell on it to much. As I have had a good ride here :)

Wish I stuck with one avatar :p

Edit: excuse the spelling and grammar mistakes, just woke up and not going to read through this to check :D

Biggest loots where

Hunting -2000~
Mining 1800~
Crafting -4000~

Last edited:
I mentored a great deal of my existence in EU. I am grateful I could help so many others enjoy the game as much as I have. That's my success story..

(ow and my biggest hof ever in 9 years was 1250 ped off a molisk young back in 2005)

Come on guys there’s no point in a fight over; Your losses are worse than my losses dick waving contest.

I’ve often wondered that NOT getting an ATH might actually be a sign of success....LOL let me explain.

Back in the day when das was in JBA and was hunting big scips with an incredible amount of ped burn (not to mention stressed to the max), I was at old style Neas sweating for 6 ped/k to supplement deposits. I often look back at those days and say to myself maybe if I deposited just a little bit more, then maybe......just maybe, I would’ve made it and hit the big loot. Especially when the dollar was almost 2 for a British Pound, now its nearer 1.5 exchange. I deposited a lot (£400 or $400 a month I forget which), but nowhere near some players, and I often felt annoyed with those big depositors for “setting the bar” at an even higher deposit level.

Sure Das hit 3 x ATH’s, I bet he paid for them though. I believe that most ATH’s or very big loots are paid in compensation. That might be buying a big ticket item with a massive deposit, or losing a ton of ped pretty fast hunting with the correct gear. Sure there were the strike it rich lucky ATH’s, they did exist (or dropped to the wrong ava by accident...lol).

I deposited my biggest amounts in the last three years, when I feel I should’ve done that 2 years before. Hey ho, choice choices.

I try to think how MA tries to manage ubers and long term skilled players. How do they allow them to play for less and keep them happy, but at the same time allow them to grow their skill ‘value’. It really is a difficult one to balance. That said my appetite to lose on the hope of gain or achievement, is not what it was anymore. I want to be part of EU still, but not prepared to sell a kidney to continue, i just want to tick over for now.

I never was the reseller type, although I’d have to congratulate those that did well at it (It took effort after all). I often frowned upon resellers, because I know how expensive the game be. But hey-ho we all have a part to play in this wonderful world.

On a personal level, I gained a ton of skills over the years, I have no idea what those skills are worth but could be $10,000’s of dollars. I raised around 1400 ped profit over the weekend for selling around 600 compressed points of skills (from over 300,000 points of total skill). So maybe based on the deposits my ATH is inside my ava, maybe my losses are inside my ava with skills. If that is correct then maybe it has all been a success after all.

I know that being here for all these years is a success for MA, maybe finding ways to survive and skill to such levels (through all the ups and downs) in an RCE is a measure of success. One thing is for sure, it’s been emotional.

Rick

maybe its also a success to not take the game too seriously

i think i never got a solo hunting loot over 1kped tt yet

though i hit a 7k tower with back then 140% MU and cashed out like 800€ after i realised i played too much

RL comes first!

pretty much put it back into game by now within 6 months

but today i can afford that much more then 8 years ago

never put in more then you can afford to loose :)

+ i never bought anything that costs more then 1.5k peds

regrettable with the mod faps back then but thats about it ^_°

oops wrong topic

Last edited:
I have to say, when I read your first couple of posts in this thread, it was hard for me to be sympathetic. I've been around for over 2 two years and still looking for my first loot over 1k PED tt. I did loot a CLD and a 529 PED ESI, but in terms of tt I have yet to break that 1k barrier. So, you can imagine my disdain reading posts from someone complaining that after his multiple ATHs his loot hasn't been good. Reading this post though, I see there's more to your distress than that - the nerfs, just to name one thing. The Entropia Universe concept is, IMO, one that is very difficult to match - basically building your own legacy from the ground up. But the nerfs not only make doing so more difficult than it used to be; they also ruin entire aspects of the game that people like you have worked toward over the years.

Even in my short time here I have seen several things change that have made things more difficult for the player. Sure, there have been some good things; some of the newer weapons are very nice, but overall, things have gotten worse. I can recall just a short time ago Output Amps being >400%, and being able to loot them regularly from Furor and Aurli. Well, that's all a thing of the past now. With each passing VU, MindArk makes this more and more like a casino by stripping away markup, and I'm still convinced that is their ultimate goal. Why don't they just cut to the chase and make loot consist entirely of PEDs and PECs next VU?

To the OP: Sorry for taking things more off topic, but I felt compelled to reply to this post.

My story is that i Always takeing this for a game to spent som time in and i never do depo who i cant lose, worked up my avatar to good attributes and lots of skills soon 500k, just now i am no 32 all time in hunting on the way got two ATH:s phasm 28k and protoron 45k ( no items ) like the game and there is a lot of great players in it.
Never did a cashing out or sold any skills. had to work hard for every item ( its kind of fun when it comes to the "balance" best item so far is still a Jaguar footguards M (ul) who i got back in 2008.

Anyway as you all know i like the game and ppl. but not the decadent ppl who is at MA.

have never seen such incompetent people working in these types of games. we could have had at least 20 times more players in here if they thought little of their brain cells, but they have done a hard work to destroy the game's reputation over the past 5 years.

MA cant make the trick to be sure to take people's money where they feel that they get something back, they can not create this feeling, it's not a matter of being rich or poor without a sense to be glad that you log in.

Last edited:
Can you succeed in this? xD

My Success story is dumb luck. I got lucky with timing. I'm not a smart creative crafty trader / investor, I just joined the game to have fun and bought some nice things along the way when they were relatively inexpensive because I had a good job that provided me with extra cash to spend on this crazy internet game.

I got mad at MA and the direction the game was going and sold it all when the prices were rapidly escalating do to all the reselling speculation going on. As a result, I got to take out more than I had put in. I could have sold it all for a lot more had I just stayed around, but that's fine, I did ok.

I've re-invested some of it, mainly in my avatars skills since I've come back after years of being away, and as much as I don't like limited items, they have allowed me to play at a higher level and not have to re-buy all that gear back at higher prices. I've only needed to re-invest a small percentage of what I took out in profits back into skills, and this has allowed me to play in the black for some time now, especially with a couple nice ubers this last month. I was thinking of buying some nice UL items to play again, but I think I'll hold off and just grind for a while and see how things go...

Last edited:
Back