Pissing off players

Status
Just because someone invests or plans to invest a lot of money into something should that mean they can not have a bad mining run? Better get used to it, if something like that(with this I mean she wasn't even using level 11 amps as you mentioned?) makes one mad how can one even consider investing these kinds of money. What happens if the investment loses 10k ped value over the next few months?

Will that be MA's fault as well?

This thread is the result of some people not getting laid enough..

It's Friday night, it's time to party :eyecrazy::wtg::yup:

So you are suggesting some players would rather spend a few hours mining and dropping 1000s of bombs for "No resources found" or spend a few hours exploring that valley with the orb and the cave system below it? I personally prefer time in the cave :)

And you accept this failed world because you think you are important in nowhere ( Arkadia ) . Please there are two worlds. Your little tiny painful crap and the possibility it could get better.

Try to grow up.

My friend is not stupid. Nor am I. And I hope you are not either.

Dissin' Ark like that is stupid. (too late for inb4 hate posts?)

You are the MMA Big Show of 2013.

Congratulations.

How could I forgot about good old MMA Big Show!?!

Yanno, you are not afraid. Thank you.

Wait for it, here comes some more lines of text that seems to have no connection at all.

Do come with me when you are ready. First step is to own a Mothership and fly to Arkadia.

We need better stoylines and better mining returns. We can make it good and stop people from losing massive amounts of money.

Storylines are lines too so here are is one line about the goodness of a storyline.

:yay:

Jennifer, if you think EU is working you are on another planet.

Wait, you are. Arkadia. Where you think 30 nubs equals a society.

In the real world real people are being pissed off.

In the real world, working people are losing faith.

In the real world, you are on your way out, and, you should buy into a better, more vigorous world.

If you don't, we will move on, but you will be fucked.

I am looking to make EU far more vibrant than it is. It is not hard or complex. But it requires a little courage.

I think in the real world MA is looking at all these new players just starting and wondering how they can fill the auction with skills and things for them to buy.
Upset enough of the old players and there is your answer.....:wise:

Did they think as they will now own/ or wanting to own a MS they will get better returns? :scratch2:

I think that they made a big deposit for buying the MS so they thought they would do a little amped mining for an ATH before they purchased it using the funds they deposited for the MS.:dunce:

I guess their theory of being able to get a big HOF/Tower/ATH didn't quite pay off and now they can't afford the MS.:rofl:

There's this kind who don't have any skills - they can't make anything with their hands, can't use their brain either. U know, that totally ultimately useless type. I call them politicans.

This is their way of getting by in life - they talk a lot, say nothing and try to look convincing while doing it.

It looks stupid for the normal people but it works fine with another brainless type, the over-careful-guy-who-never-grow-up-and-always-needs-a-leader. That's why the talk about fear keeps coming in.

Politican says I am the great leader and i have a Vision! There's nice fat worthy goal somewhere somehow, now go find it!
If u ask em what is the vision or where exactly to look, they can't tell - simply 'cause they have no fkn idea. U see there's no brain inside there, no ability to understand things or formulate concepts. They need others to analyze the world around em, generate the ideas and find solutions.

When this is done our politican-guy says, See how well my leadership worked out! Now go find me some ppl who would actually work and make my ideas become a reality!

Those ppl are often very successful in life. As this is all they can do, they simply try do it everywhere.

On reflection, and in the cold light of a new day, I have to say its the first time I can recall someone on this forum (or EF before that) whinning about somebody else's poor loot.

The problem started when she went into the mining run and thinking she would hit big because she was going to buy a MS, now who is to blame for that?

Just wait till she gets her MS and starts hunting in space, then she will see what a poor return really is :laugh::laugh:

i still need to know what drugs this guy is taking :laugh:

My friend is not stupid. Nor am I.

You have spent years trying to convince everyone how shit and horrible this game is.

Yet you are still here.......

You have spent years trying to convince everyone how shit and horrible this game is.

Yet you are still here.......

Actually, his angle is that the game is great but the developers are bad, and that the community could do much better if they bought the game (granted, he has no clue whatsoever about economics and game development, which is a bit of a hinderance in such an endevour, but such things apparently sort themselves out if you have enough willpower... or "heart and soul")

I like the way he gently let's her down, ever so softly. He's very tactful ;) :laugh:

Seriously though yeah some people forget the practical aspects all together. Dream world is always a nicer place I guess :)

Seriously though yeah some people forget the practical aspects all together. Dream world is always a nicer place I guess :)

And that from a dear friend who purchased a castle, owns a MS, and a gazillion other trinkets. :nana:

I think Nighthawk called it ... the game is great, but MA being bad developers (according to Peez) is clearly why you should never do a mining run before buying a MS ... it just makes damn sense. :thumbup:

I hope you didn't test this theory out Ace. :tongue3:

I think that they made a big deposit for buying the MS so they thought they would do a little amped mining for an ATH before they purchased it using the funds they deposited for the MS.:dunce:

I guess their theory of being able to get a big HOF/Tower/ATH didn't quite pay off and now they can't afford the MS.:rofl:

Hahahaha shot.... right on the mark mate.

:scratch: hmmmm?

I've had so many bad runs over the years I've lost count. I used to get upset about it these days I just realize that is part of this game. It doesn't mean I like those bad runs but sometimes you have to take the bad ones to really appreciate the good ones. The fun part of Project Entropia was figuring out ways to weather the bad runs and when things start looking good taking advantage of it until it fizzles out.

If everything was easy peasy in Entropia Universe I think it would have died long ago. We create our own challenges and Mindark + the planet partners constantly throw us new variables so we have to constantly re-evaluate the way we approach the game and what benefits you get in the real world and the virtual one.

Trust me if all it took to get an ATH was to make big deposits my name would be on that list more often instead of the one time I got a lucky Allo in 2004. I'm getting close to playing this game for a decade now and if I get an ATH I will be happy if I don't I will still challenge myself and think of new ways to play this game as long as its around. This game is entertainment and sometimes you have to pay and other times you can play for very long times without paying that is just the way it has been and will probably continue to be.

I take breaks because of school and when the grind doesn't provide positive results. I know MA hates when I say this but I will play some other game like Rise of Flight Iron Cross or Mass Effect or just design and animate some creature or bot because its far more fun than EU at the time. Those breaks have made me appreciate EU much much more and I don't fanatically play like I once did because there are other outlets in my life but when the going is good in EU I will deposit and play to reach my goals.

Lastly people will always find some reason to be angry what might make you happy I guarantee will make someone else angry. MA has always walked a tight rope when it comes to making money and supplying an entertaining product. I don't take the bad runs personal anymore it is what it is and it challenges me to overcome the game dynamics and find a way to play more and deposit less.

And that from a dear friend who purchased a castle, owns a MS, and a gazillion other trinkets. :nana:

I think Nighthawk called it ... the game is great, but MA being bad developers (according to Peez) is clearly why you should never do a mining run before buying a MS ... it just makes damn sense. :thumbup:

I hope you didn't test this theory out Ace. :tongue3:

Ah but those are all very logical and practical purchases :wise:...

and about mining runs can go on mining run whenever you like. However, if you fear a loss you should never go on a mining run and certainly not buying a mothership...

It's not MA at fault but players if they can't take responsibility for their own actions.

Ah but those are all very logical and practical purchases :wise:...

and about mining runs can go on mining run whenever you like. However, if you fear a loss you should never go on a mining run and certainly not buying a mothership...

It's not MA at fault but players if they can't take responsibility for their own actions.

:thumbup: ... here's to personal responsibility

:thumbup: ... here's to personal responsibility

I prefer group responsibility.

A far better way to organize our time and spaces.

Made a quick review of my comments.. the bad ones.

I don't care if people argue against me or even give me stick. That' fine. I do the same. We all have ways t look at things.

When I get annoyed is when people use cliches instead of argument, and worse, think a cliche = an argument.

The worst of which is adapt or quit.

Please. I am in a lifeboat and I don't like the conditions of basic survival and would prefer a cruise liner. Jump over the side is the answer.

And this is also the logic of personal responsibility. The logic of the madhouse. I will manage. Make do. Get by.

How desperate. How weak. Thankfully others see things my way. Alas, most people are steeped in individualism but are too poorly trained to be good individuals.

Alas, most people are steeped in individualism but are too poorly trained to be good individuals.

This is true...

But...
A gathering of poorly trained individuals does not make a well trained group.

I think the answer is not to create a welfare system, but to help educate the individuals to not only take responsibility for their own actions, but also with the knowledge on how to better themselves in harsh environments.

There is no sense of accomplishment from having something handed to you. On the other hand though there is a great sense of accomplishment and pride in overcoming overwhelming odds to succeed where others can not.

At its core that is what this game is about, competing with and against some great minds to measure yourself and your struggles up against them and their struggles to see who comes out on top and is able to claim that sense of pride.

give him all your ped and items and loot
cause it's communist Entropia now!!!
only the few have power opps

same situation we are in now???

snail-abandons-thread.gif

I prefer group responsibility.

A far better way to organize our time and spaces.

Typical liberal response.

No different them saying I want everyone else to do the work while I get rewards. You play for your gameplay so mine is free.

Go find another game hippies.

Status
Back