FYI: Feed-back to MA boss with "Shared Loot" events

sitram

Marauder
Society
Agents of Entropy
Adrian Adi Martis
Hello,

Out of more then 800k accounts on last public record made by MA, I haven't seen more then 150, maybe 200 avatars at events like this. I draw the conclusion that most ppl don't like shared loot events but the basic human greed will make a handful of them come.

Even if there's so much negative feed-back about these events, all the boss mobs were killed which means a success from MA's point of view :( Because it's not easy to come with a new concept, I bet they will continue with more events like these in future.

I am a regular grinder who develop my avatar and try to minimize my costs. This allows me to avoid depositing at a cost of having a certain play style. When I choose to come to these events it's because this is the only place where I feel I have a chance to loot a good UL item. This chance comes at a very expensive price. The outcome in 99% of the cases is that I loose all my hard earned ped in a day, which took probably more then a month to make.

Big Bulks were also part of this robot event. They were in game for at least 2 months and no Mod Rip or other UL item dropped on them, only a 66k ath at the end of the event. The boss mobs dropped 2 in first 2 mobs and one more a day later.

I miss the thrill of chasing an UL X5 on CP or grinding falx for an UL LR48, the anticipation that spawned over several months instead of a day or two. At the end of every day I was eager to log in the next one, hopping that maybe it will be the day when the UL item will drop and I will be the one getting it. I had a reason to skill, to invest in equipment and skills and become a better hunter.

Now if I want a chance to loot UL items, I am forced to wait for the next shared loot boss event, and pay a "ticket" for the chance to loot one. Instead of feeling like a hunter, developing my avatar and hopping to score the big jackpot, now I just have to be present to these periodic events, pay a "ticket" which allows me to raise my hand together with 50-100 other ppl and hope the jackpot MA drops will fall in my hand. :(

I hope things will change soon,
Sitram

Whats even better is if you get disconnected while shooting at the event mob, your score is reset and you have to start again...

Whats even better is if you get disconnected while shooting at the event mob, your score is reset and you have to start again...

Yeah, I'd be careful setting up this kind of events until the disconnects/CTDs are solved.
One workaround would be to fix so it's able to resume a session by reconnect immediately so we don't have to wait.

I’d say most people love participating in the shared loot events, it can be a real thrill if managed by MA in the right way.

The hydra were popular because if you stuck around long enough for the big looter to come around you could generally get by on stackable loot or at least recover a lot of your loss from stacks. Even if you didn’t loot any items, you could have a damn good laugh for your peds, even Atrox Queens were good like that. The losers were the ones that left early, or peds ran out before the big ones dropped.

I’m not keen on this new “all item” approach basically because the average mid player will have 2000 peds which would have cost them $200 deposit (a lot of cash really).
It’s hard enough getting by on a $200 budget shooting big guns solo, let alone attempting to seek a return on an ALL-ITEM type mob with such a budget.

I think the entire problem within EU right now is player available liquid ped. If you have players like Stryker struggling with $1500 of ped input and lost $600, how is most of the players with $200 of less going to cope with their hunting budget.

On a personal level I tried a few for laughs, but sorry this sort of mob is not for me. Risk V Reward way out of balance.

As much as it pains me to say it, if it hurts learn to walk away.

MA might have addicted gamers, but at heart I don’t think most are addicted gamblers (I like to think that, MA have the stats).

Slightly off topic

• I sold most of my items recently, and kept those peds in game (I didn’t want to put more pressure on withdrawals)
  • Based on some PCF posts recently quite a few are withdrawing, few weddings going on too.
  • Lots of ubers moved to investor status, I guess no depos from them, with many that lived depo free for years.
  • Many CLD owners, made their investment and not supplementing that with deposits.
  • I have a feeling the moon was paid for with in-game made peds too

If there is more money going out than coming in then a correction is necessary for any business to survive.

So maybe if you haven’t deposited for a few years, it’s time to put your hand in your pocket and show some solid support.

GL

Rick

That is not true.
There were many people who did not disconnected and was getting few pec of loot.
On the other hand some people who disconnected and after relog they had nice loot in inventory.

You did not lose any 'shares in loot' because of disconnection. It was entirely because fucked up or non existing RNG plus high tt items in loot.

So maybe if you haven’t deposited for a few years, it’s time to put your hand in your pocket and show some solid support.

GL

Rick

My last depo of 1k peds was ok to play 2 days on feffox.

That is not true.
There were many people who did not disconnected and was getting few pec of loot.
On the other hand some people who disconnected and after relog they had nice loot in inventory.

You did not lose any 'shares in loot' because of disconnection. It was entirely because fucked up or non existing RNG plus high tt items in loot.

I hope that is the case, I laughed when I saw the 1 Output Amplifier Component pop up in my loot window LOL

I hope that is the case, I laughed when I saw the 1 Output Amplifier Component pop up in my loot window LOL

This is exactly the "ticket" I am talking in my first post.

Compared to the value of the item, IF you loot it, it's nothing. For 99% of those who don't loot the item, it's a very big price to pay.

Stryker who is in the 99.9% of the players when it comes to skills and equipment already showed in his thread that skills and equipment means very little when it comes to surviving such events.

Such events are pure Gamble!

They have nothing to do with planning, strategy, coordination, patience, determination, skill, gear. Buy the best L weapon you can use, be prepared to lose between 100-300$ a day and pray to Lootius.

What's the point in 3-6h a day of grinding? :scratch2:

Agreed with all the above.

"I will ensure there is a solid foundation that enables Entropia Universe to grow significantly,
both in the number of participants and in their global reach. My goal is for Entropia
Universe to double its number of participants by the end of 2013," said Klas Moreau

...i bet he just started ;)

The volatility was too high imho. I hunted both days (more or less all the time when there was a big enough team to kill the boss mob, got part of both aths and that one 25k), but my results were like day and night. First day was nice with few hundred ped tt profit, but the second day was below poor returns with 2 emeralds early on @ around 12.00-13.00 MA time and completely dry for the next 5-7 hours (besides ~300-400 ped from the 25k hof).

Luckily I was saved by a markup item, so I cannot really complain, but I feel for a lot of people who went in, lost 100-1k peds fast and left with nothing. I think I was shooting around ~90 ped ammo + decay of gun/dante (no uber guns, so just average dps) yesterday, so those peds disappear fast for everyone.

One of the biggest fails in the shared loot mob was the high TT value stackables. Honestly, I would rather see 4k ped of robot component residue distributed among the shooters than 10 rubies. Both are TT food, but the residue would go to many players.

While I was there yesterday, one player stated they looted 3 rubies (may have been emeralds, but that's a moot point) from the same purger... not 3 gems from 3 different purgers. Now, that purger was less than 4k loot, and while I do not know the capabilities of this player, nor the equipment behing used, I have high doubts that this player did 25-30% of the damage dealt. So, even though gems are "stackables" they were not distrbuted accordingly, if one player got 25-30% of the stackables.

Don't get me wrong, I have fun at the events. Some of the converstations there are downright hilarious. The only suggestion I have for improvement is this:

Get rid of the 300 and 400 ped stackables!!!

When I saw 2-3 ped or even below 1 ped after 25 minutes of shooting with HL12 t7 + A105 fully enhanced with damage enhancers, I felt a tear in the corner of my eye.

But I knew that I had to go on for a little longer if I wanted a chance to a Mod Rip since MA clearly didn't put anything in Big Bulks and I hunted them for over a month.

This boss event seemed a lot to me like a ponzy scheme that happened in my country a few years ago.

10 ppl put in money and each would get a huge payment when their turn came. Only difference here was that some were lucky enough to get their turn more often then others.

Sorry if my tone turned into a whine. :(

I completely agree with Adi on this one. I made my own thread about improving shared loot a while ago which covers some of the same issues: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?242676-A-better-approach-to-shared-loot

I’d say most people love participating in the shared loot events

They clearly don't. As Adi stated in the first post, the number of people of who participate is a small minority of the active EU population. While no-one really believes that there are 800k active players, there are certainly several thousand online at any one time, almost all of whom are not shooting at the Purger, or any other shared loot mob. I am in a society of around 100 players, about 20-30 of those active daily, and I can only think of one who regularly participates in shared loot. A number of those who are there (including myself for the hour or so I was there on Saturday) aren't there because they enjoy it, but because they feel it's the only way they might be able get an uber item.

One of the biggest fails in the shared loot mob was the high TT value stackables. Honestly, I would rather see 4k ped of robot component residue distributed among the shooters than 10 rubies. Both are TT food, but the residue would go to many players.

Robot residue is far from TT food and is actually an example of something that should definitely not be dropping in large quantities from shared loot mobs. The impact on the whole economy would be potentially massive not only due to reduction in markup from regular loot but also because of the effect it would have on crafting.

It would be much better to drop the bulk of loot as genuine TT food, e.g. extremely large stacks of ammunition (not explosives) or even PEDs and PECs like the old days. Personally I would also like to see the solutions I proposed in the thread I linked above, namely to use other mechanisms that would result in the boss mobs spawning much less frequently.

Unfortunately I doubt we will see any of this changing any time soon. For years MA/PC's idea of an event has been to simply to spawn a load of big mobs, post something about it on the client loader, and leave them there for 3 months while the economy collapses around them. Creative solutions seem to be too much effort for them, even when the players work it all out for them.

One of the main reasons why i avoid events like this is that even if you get in on a big loot most likely your returns will still be bad.

First of the UL items can drop with lower TT value filled on them.
The rest should be big stacks of low TT stuff like oils, residue, etc that can be divided in a good way among the shooters.

Now after a few mobs people already start to go away because of the bad returns. Most people do not have 10k ped on their ped card to hunt a full day full speed on mobs like that in order to get to a pay back point

This is where MA cuts themselves into their fingers and also in that of the CLD owners.

If the loot distribution were more even people would have stayed a lot longer and the total turnover on Saturday and Sunday would be 50% (or even more) higher. Just because it would have given people a better value for money experience.

Loosing peds fast is a bad value for money experience. And people dislike that. Compare it with a night out if you have to pay $10 dollar for a beer you go away after your first and only beer. If the beer costs you $1 you stay all night and spend $30 to $50 by also giving your friends a round or 2. In the end the last results in satisfied customers and more profit.

Cheers
Siam

The event was a joke... Just a huge, massive joke and if this is what MA has become I do surely understand why 70% of my friends from 3 years ago has quit playing...

Some are still here, and do I see them complain on a regular basis as well? Yeah.. :)

as Oleg said, these events are really just a huge mob spawned somewhere for 3 months, with some text in the client loader and then MA stands by as the economy collapses around the game...

Doesn't really give the players the feeling that "Wow, Mindark really cares :)" the ubers and LA owners who are around today I can almost bet on that they ain't logging in to have "Fun", they log in because of the potential to win more peds.,...

Doubt any of the bigger players really deposits regularly to keep playing, like the mid player does. Huge problem for MA... Make things more interesting, don't just make ped drainers like this fiasco event

62500 x 88340 Corinth TP. Come get back what we lost :)

62500 x 88340 Corinth TP. Come get back what we lost :)

Confirms, he is an MA employee :laugh::laugh: j/k dude I think you are awesome - but am surprised you recommend we go back.

Adi, you should STFU b4 you get pm's like I got from fellow socm8's :D
Tip : you're only allowed to say postivie things when you are in cK ,otherwise you ruin the "rep" of cK..

:lolup:

I would have joined this shared entropy mob this last weekend if I hadn't CTDs at shared spawn every 10 minutes or so, even on safe mode!

After I reading yesterday here on forum about loots of 3k ped or more where the only stackables present were 500 ped tt precious stones I now thanks MA for the massive CTDs that I always have on those kind of spawns!

Thanks MindArk for the CTDs while in shared spawns!!!

Loosing peds fast is a bad value for money experience. And people dislike that. Compare it with a night out if you have to pay $10 dollar for a beer you go away after your first and only beer. If the beer costs you $1 you stay all night and spend $30 to $50 by also giving your friends a round or 2. In the end the last results in satisfied customers and more profit.

Cheers
Siam

I think MA's philosophy is, if they charge $10 a drink, there will be less people, so they only need to employ 1 barman instead of 5. They make $1000 a night on drinks instead of $1200, but they only pay $100 wages instead of $500. (numbers purely for example)

I saw yesterday someone from MA watching this thread. I'm glad we at least got noticed:yay: and hopefully heard soon.

I hope they will take all the constructive feed-back from this thread and others like this(eg. Oleg's thread) and come up with new designs for future events. I'm always eager to participate to events with new format, like the Mayhem this year.

For unlimited items what about....

I noticed one hof (around 1800 pedder) was all item. If that item was given out as minimum tt then that would have left around 1300 peds to be shared.

The main reason i don't join, is shooting and receiving nothing in return. Kinda sucks

This wouldnt work with limited items. But it would help tt returns a little with more peds to share, instead of recieving nothing many times

Just throwing an idea out there

Rgds

Ace

This wouldnt work with limited items. But it would help tt returns a little with more peds to share, instead of recieving nothing many times

This would work wonderfully with (L) gear as well.... remember that 1 PEd MM guns?

BTW, I thought about this recently, it seems like MA goes forward one step and moves backward 2 steps. They introduced many good solutions in past, but after time they seem to abandon them and do something much worse.
I wonder if this is due to internal politics and power struggle inside MA or they just test all options (even obviously bad) on us...

I think MA's philosophy is, if they charge $10 a drink, there will be less people, so they only need to employ 1 barman instead of 5. They make $1000 a night on drinks instead of $1200, but they only pay $100 wages instead of $500. (numbers purely for example)

Yea, I think it runs that way!

This is the reason why we have to wait ages to get things fixed.
No miracle we wait that long for get back old systems, and such things, and then it is developed just to be back, but full of bugs.

Why don't they just release all items from even bosses at 3% condition limit? Basically ppl will then have to repair it to use it. The rest of the loot can be stackables.. Problem solved.

Why don't they just release all items from even bosses at 3% condition limit? Basically ppl will then have to repair it to use it. The rest of the loot can be stackables.. Problem solved.

Many people have been suggesting this on the forum for a long time, and Limited weapons on these shared loot mobs should be like Merry Mayhem items, 1 ped TT, minimal decay, a lot of uses...

I would love to see that change :)

IIRC I read somewhere that Mindark likes that we have items fully repaired, even makes sense why some items has such a insanely high TT value and why we once used to have a 50% condition limit. To lock the peds inside the universe.. Lots of peds were locked this way, but the players did not like it and Mindark listened and adapted, removed the 50% condition limit down to 3%

however it would be only positive for Mindark if we had to repair it on our own, wouldn't it? Then we decide to lock the peds into the item... They are there to stay, or to be used :) we can not withdraw an item, only lose peds, which would mean that the PEDS always being inside the universe is there to not be withdrawn :)

IIRC I read somewhere that Mindark likes that we have items fully repaired, even makes sense why some items has such a insanely high TT value and why we once used to have a 50% condition limit. To lock the peds inside the universe.. Lots of peds were locked this way, but the players did not like it and Mindark listened and adapted, removed the 50% condition limit down to 3%

however it would be only positive for Mindark if we had to repair it on our own, wouldn't it? Then we decide to lock the peds into the item... They are there to stay, or to be used :) we can not withdraw an item, only lose peds, which would mean that the PEDS always being inside the universe is there to not be withdrawn :)

Then they should not give most of those UL items such insane TT.
I repair most of my stuff always back to full TT except for instance my UL LR48. That stays on min TT and then gets repaired for the run size i want to make. 99% of the UL SIB owners do the same.

I like the 3% idea and also the 1 PED L items.
It would make a lot of people happy. And a happy player means a happy MA.

Hello,

Out of more then 800k accounts on last public record made by MA, I haven't seen more then 150, maybe 200 avatars at events like this. I draw the conclusion that most ppl don't like shared loot events but the basic human greed will make a handful of them come.

Even if there's so much negative feed-back about these events, all the boss mobs were killed which means a success from MA's point of view :( Because it's not easy to come with a new concept, I bet they will continue with more events like these in future.

I am a regular grinder who develop my avatar and try to minimize my costs. This allows me to avoid depositing at a cost of having a certain play style. When I choose to come to these events it's because this is the only place where I feel I have a chance to loot a good UL item. This chance comes at a very expensive price. The outcome in 99% of the cases is that I loose all my hard earned ped in a day, which took probably more then a month to make.

Big Bulks were also part of this robot event. They were in game for at least 2 months and no Mod Rip or other UL item dropped on them, only a 66k ath at the end of the event. The boss mobs dropped 2 in first 2 mobs and one more a day later.

I miss the thrill of chasing an UL X5 on CP or grinding falx for an UL LR48, the anticipation that spawned over several months instead of a day or two. At the end of every day I was eager to log in the next one, hopping that maybe it will be the day when the UL item will drop and I will be the one getting it. I had a reason to skill, to invest in equipment and skills and become a better hunter.

Now if I want a chance to loot UL items, I am forced to wait for the next shared loot boss event, and pay a "ticket" for the chance to loot one. Instead of feeling like a hunter, developing my avatar and hopping to score the big jackpot, now I just have to be present to these periodic events, pay a "ticket" which allows me to raise my hand together with 50-100 other ppl and hope the jackpot MA drops will fall in my hand. :(

I hope things will change soon,
Sitram

Let me correct a few things here..

1. we all know there arent 800k players, so if 150-200 ppl show up I guess you have about 10% of the ppl there.. not a success for MA..? To me it means ppll still like the odds of shared loot.

2. Who said all bosses where killed?
Maybe they where set to spawn for X amount of time?
I'm pretty sure that if they would've been killed a lot faster, they wouldn't have been gone after 2 hours.

3. Recently most rare UL items are being loooted from normal mobs, sure shared loot will drop a part but it's not the only way to get them.

4. You say you are a regular grinder, I say, you used to be one.. you hardly played from jan till halfway the Bot-event. Maybe that's why you missed the fact that there was another 20k BB drop & they also dropped parts to turn into RX armor parts..

5. Mobs like troopers etc also dropped a bunch of UL stuff, same for eviscerator & plenty other mobs.. warrior elite comes to mind wich where also here in shared loot (granted for a short amount of time), yet the 2 ul knifes they dropped didn't get looted from the shared spawn (& not like they got hunted THAT much)

Das

Back