Question: No more mining globals ?

I had my very first 80% run this month after this new VU came. Never happened before.

I know this is a dumb question but is that better or worse than before? I am thinking worse but you never know.

I had my very first 80% run this month after this new VU came. Never happened before.

Yep it was straight after vu for me also. Suddenly all my usual modests dropped to smalls etc, same high hit rate but overall return makes the whole thing futile so guess what; I wont mine, simple. :mad:

80%? and you're complaining?

I've had about 75% the entire week - dropped about 1k ped unamed and lost 250tt, which has made me believe the old volatile loot system had returned. I'm only wondering if more globals will come with that... Will see with more time i guess..

Does every thread in the mining section has to include you whinny posts about the loot system? Guess what, you won't change it, we all have shitty time (most people don't understand that in order to get something, others have to loose something), so stop whining and ADAPT!!!
GL.
Montekis

80%? and you're complaining?

I've had about 75% the entire week - dropped about 1k ped unamed and lost 250tt

Since he didn't publish the length of his run, you can't really compare his 80% to your 75%.

And he didn't really complain, he just said it had never happened to him before. It wasn't exactly a toys-out-of-the-pram post.

Does every thread in the mining section has to include you whinny posts about the loot system? Guess what, you won't change it, we all have shitty time (most people don't understand that in order to get something, others have to loose something), so stop whining and ADAPT!!!
GL.
Montekis

I don't think my OP was a whine as I don't hardly mine. I just stated I thought it didn't seem to take very much to get an HOF.

I know that, depending on how loot is distributed and all, you can have more or less globals but, all in all, it's always going to return less than the spent in the long run - its with this reason i started trying to create a simulator (on another thread) to try to see how many globals one can get without extrapolating some 90%ish return and without making it full-gamble/foma-like. The conclusion i get from it is, you either have what we have now, with ok return but almost always small finds or you have awfully long NRF streaks, tons of very poors/poors and extremely volatile return and have more globals.

Problem of the second alternative is that it requires higher budged and makes mining harder for low budget players.

And sure, i'll adapt. To another game perhaps. In my opinion it's the game devs that should adapt the game to what their customers (or "investors") want, otherwise gamers may just seek another game which better suits them.

I know that, depending on how loot is distributed and all, you can have more or less globals but, all in all, it's always going to return less than the spent in the long run - its with this reason i started trying to create a simulator (on another thread) to try to see how many globals one can get without extrapolating some 90%ish return and without making it full-gamble/foma-like. The conclusion i get from it is, you either have what we have now, with ok return but almost always small finds or you have awfully long NRF streaks, tons of very poors/poors and extremely volatile return and have more globals.

Problem of the second alternative is that it requires higher budged and makes mining harder for low budget players.

And sure, i'll adapt. To another game perhaps. In my opinion it's the game devs that should adapt the game to what their customers (or "investors") want, otherwise gamers may just seek another game which better suits them.

I agree mostly with what you have said. The adapt part for MA I am not sure about. What do we want? More volatility or safer returns ? It seems that is a split, I would say close to 50-50. I don't think I would invest in something where it is set that I lose 10% However, to me anyway, there is a cost for having fun. Lets say I "Invest" 1K USD each month and at the end of the month I have 900 USD left, I add another 100 and put the 1K back in the game and so on. At the end of the year I have spent 100 USD a month for the entertainment, worth it, to me I think so. Problem is it has never worked out for me quite that way it seems. I am afraid to ask MA how much I have depoed since I started some 6 years ago, with about a year out because of bad loot. Maybe I am better than I think OR worst. BUT... I still like the idea of the "Big One" not necessarily in mining but in hunting which I do the most of time and from when I started to now I think the big ones are a lot fewer and the ones that are hit are much smaller most of the time.
I truly do believe that MA deserves a profit but how much and at what cost to the players is the question.

I do unamped mining since more as 7 years. what i see is this:

Before VU 9 mining: I got near every day a global or 2-3 if it was a nice mining time.
First year after VU10: I got near noting (globals and payback)
Later in VU X after VU10: I got maybe 1 global each week, in longterm.
NOW: Not a single global, since the new system!

Payback? Old system: around 90%
payback? New system: around the same!

This is what i notice, if i go for mining.

I agree mostly with what you have said. The adapt part for MA I am not sure about. What do we want? More volatility or safer returns ? It seems that is a split, I would say close to 50-50. I don't think I would invest in something where it is set that I lose 10% However, to me anyway, there is a cost for having fun. Lets say I "Invest" 1K USD each month and at the end of the month I have 900 USD left, I add another 100 and put the 1K back in the game and so on. At the end of the year I have spent 100 USD a month for the entertainment, worth it, to me I think so. Problem is it has never worked out for me quite that way it seems. I am afraid to ask MA how much I have depoed since I started some 6 years ago, with about a year out because of bad loot. Maybe I am better than I think OR worst. BUT... I still like the idea of the "Big One" not necessarily in mining but in hunting which I do the most of time and from when I started to now I think the big ones are a lot fewer and the ones that are hit are much smaller most of the time.
I truly do believe that MA deserves a profit but how much and at what cost to the players is the question.

Yes, some want stable return, some want big gamble, some want something in between. In crafting, you have one simple slider to choose what you want. In mining, you have foma or not foma. Not too many options. Perhaps we could have multiple finders for different tastes, more locations with more variations...whatever, but why is it in crafting i can choose exactly how much i want to gamble (be it low cost or with high cost bp) and in mining it's either caly or foma only?

Yes, some want stable return, some want big gamble, some want something in between. In crafting, you have one simple slider to choose what you want. In mining, you have foma or not foma. Not too many options. Perhaps we could have multiple finders for different tastes, more locations with more variations...whatever, but why is it in crafting i can choose exactly how much i want to gamble (be it low cost or with high cost bp) and in mining it's either caly or foma only?

rookie-unamped-amped-one-two-three-four-five-six-seven-eight-nine-ten-eleven-twelve-thirteen?!

ore+enmatt+treasures or separate?

All that is controlled mostly with stupidity multiplied by greed, of course.

Back