Pyromancer Chalte

Can anyone help? Thx in advance!

If you dont have ~140 range you have to shoot him while moving upstairs. The only trick is to watch out for the fireballs, since you are walking upwards the balls tend to slide down a bit but be careful because they have a pretty big area of effect. If you see one ball is too close to you by all means turn arround and run for your life.

The situation gets really tricky when there is more than one person. If you are two one has to go down, and the other guy has to go up. If you are more and one of the stairs must be shared you two have to move at the same time, because if one goes quicker the slower guy will get a ball in his face.

Now, about the range. Last time I saw someone killing it without moving (no teleports, no running, nothing) he was using an ML-35, so it's definately possible. He was shooting far from the entrance.

Here's a video by Adamas that could help you out. The Pyromancer appears at minute 4:00.

Good luck.

Last edited:
(...)
BUT
its not necesarry to kill it, if you apply metaboic chip on yourself before entering you can run past it into safety

nero

Just wanted to tell you that curently boost gained from metabolic acceleration chips does nothing (does not speed you up). Here is link to test i have done while testing the adjusted harrier (which does not work either): <click> (two posts above that is test with adj harrier).

Hoverwer it is possible to run through Chalte at first time seeing it in curent instance. Reason is: it spawns after about 5-10 seconds after you start running down. And the "teleport" ability starts its coodown after that. So you are able to reach point where it can't teleport you (you need to igore the guard on the way and let him hit ya untill you are past the center point of next room).

Tip how to kill it with long range weapon: instead of just walkning back - sometimes turn 90 degree right(left)and strafe left(right) while waiting for weapon cooldown (method called strafe hunting).

Falagor
:bandit:

Just keep trying, it's really easy.

Do you have lag? I guess if you are lagged out it's very easy to die to the fireballs.

i jst saw this thread and like to add one thing....
Im a imkII guy and Still I never could kill the damn thing, I get him to 10% and then, without fail get nervous, stumbles and die

BUT
its not necesarry to kill it, if you apply metaboic chip on yourself before entering you can run past it into safety

nero

It was possible before, but not more. I have 120 in agility and in use this metaboic chip on me before it was easy to run from him but not anymore MA must have made ​​changes. With this film we see here means that the MA will change even more now.

I don't think so... I'm not sure where to ping or what server to test my ping?

IDK, I guess I'll just keep walking down the stairs.

I usually strafe - fire - strafe (while reloading) - fire, etc.

Interesting mob, killed it for the first time, more like this makes the game more fun!

How long does it take to respawn?

Interesting mob, killed it for the first time, more like this makes the game more fun!

How long does it take to respawn?
About 20 minutes.

Nice reply after 6 years :)
There are still new players discovering the content and that would like discussion on the subject, seems totally fine :)

And yeah, Pyro is a very nice boss and also Cyclops still the best place in the game, imo.

...and also Cyclops still the best place in the game, imo.

IDK, I can't even go down there anymore - not sure what they did with the graphics, but when I go past pyro and the low maturity marcimex room into the portal, my FPS takes a crap.

Some fog effect or something. It happens down the stairs, on the bridge, and in any of the high maturity mind reaver or marcimex rooms. I usually run 60-100 fps in most places in game. Down there I run ~15 FPS?!?

EDIT - I've even tried setting all graphic settings to safe mode, no help!

IDK, I can't even go down there anymore - not sure what they did with the graphics, but when I go past pyro and the low maturity marcimex room into the portal, my FPS takes a crap.

Some fog effect or something. It happens down the stairs, on the bridge, and in any of the high maturity mind reaver or marcimex rooms. I usually run 60-100 fps in most places in game. Down there I run ~15 FPS?!?

Might be a bug related to the game or engine updates not supporting your graphics card and its software as well as before? Maybe you should raise it with game support?

Replace your potato.

just another one of the things mindark broke with an "update" and then neglects to even acknowledge the problem for ages ...

hint: try unequipping your weapon and see if it still lags :laugh:

just another one of the things mindark broke with an "update" and then neglects to even acknowledge the problem for ages ...

hint: try unequipping your weapon and see if it still lags :laugh:
It's a different kind of lag in cyclops and it comes from unoptimized graphic effects which ofc we would rather see removed than have those jitters lags like we had on big proteron spawn. (cyclops depths fog in Mind Reaver and medium Marcimex rooms and effects near Onard the faceless room).
Better to stat a discussion on Bug reports? Sometimes good things can come out from constructive feedback.

Back