Pyromancer Chalte

Uniqu3

Old Alpha
Society
Art of War
The person responsible needs to be shot, in the rectum, by a cannon.

While I agree this mob was horribly done. It takes me 3 tries to kill the thing and on the last go I die anyways from his remaining fireballs. This mob needs to be shared loot and it shouldn't make you TP to him to instantly kill you.

~Danimal

I agree, I think ive had to kill this thing about 20 times by now at least some of the times, didnt get to loot it, never had a decent loot after spending a butt ton of peds killing one, and there is no choice to avoid. So if u wanna go by and u the only person around u gotta throw peds at it. and if someone else shows up and screws up your rythem you die they stand there stupidly while the mob regens alll the way by the time u get back.

Easy mob, all thats needed is shared loot so someone hasn't been there shooting it for ages and then you solo it from full and can't loot it, that sucks.

Finally a mob that doesn't just stand still auto-attacking while you stand still and auto-attack it back.
Movement, watching for fire, tactics, more please.

Granted, this one might have it's flaws but i would really like to see more of this kinda stuff.

Reactions: Arm
Yeah I like this mob as well, it has already been confirmed that he will be shared loot in the next patch, so that's no problem either.

It's a fun mob that requires tactics and thinking to beat (teamwork doesn't hurt either)... We need more of that, not less.

As mentioned earlier, all boss mobs are going to become "Shared Loot" with the upcoming patch. Until then, if you don't like the risk of running into him if you die and revive, hire a Mindforce user with a revive chip (a chip that, thanks to this instance, actually has a use and value again).

Just to clarify, I mean this: not this:

I thought you meant this. The word "shot" would also have made more sense then a printer:
eos_600d_default_tcm87-932871.jpg

Would give a whole new meaning to "flashing"!

If it's the mob I am thinking of, the one that blocks your path in the new instance ?

with the fire balls ?

If so, he is easy, I can kill him and I am a noob lol :D

If it is not him, I am still a noob and I am sorry.

It feels like a big part of the problem is that you get teleported to next to him if you try to pass. Maybe it would have been better if there was a door at the end that can't be opened if he's alive, or that you'll be teleported to beginning of the stairs.

If you get teleported to him you immediately have two fireballs a your feet and possibly some lag keeping you from doing anything useful if you try to run.

He is easy to kill, just run up a step or two then walk backwards and shoot, repeat when he tp you to him until he is dead, keep on walking backward until the last of his fireball explode then go loot :)

It is possible to get past him, i use metabolic acceleration chip and then i can run all the way to safety on the other side, not sure if it works with lower agility, i have 105.

He is easy to kill, just run up a step or two then walk backwards and shoot, repeat when he tp you to him until he is dead, keep on walking backward until the last of his fireball explode then go loot :)

It is possible to get past him, i use metabolic acceleration chip and then i can run all the way to safety on the other side, not sure if it works with lower agility, i have 105.

U can kill it too without any of that, if u have 160m range btw.

It's a fun mob that requires tactics and thinking to beat (teamwork doesn't hurt either)... We need more of that, not less.

As mentioned earlier, all boss mobs are going to become "Shared Loot" with the upcoming patch. Until then, if you don't like the risk of running into him if you die and revive, hire a Mindforce user with a revive chip (a chip that, thanks to this instance, actually has a use and value again).

It's true that it encourages tactics as others have pointed out.

However, I don't see how a res chip would help in this situation because when the fireball knocks you out I think you transport to the start instantly without a 10 sec countdown. I may be wrong on that will check when I go past him next time. Also res chip would be unusable because the person who will be doing the resurrecting will need to stand still for too long and will be killed themselves by the fireballs.

I don't see how a res chip would help in this situation

If you are killed after passing the Pyromancer and have to revive back at the start, you have to run past him again (if he has respawned by then). If you're killed and someone with a res chip revives you on the spot, you won't have to run past him again to get to where you were.

I think you transport to the start instantly without a 10 sec countdown.

Pretty sure you revive as usual.

Please also get rid of the lava at the bottom of the stair case just before the bridge that takes you to the mind reavers. I find it that often times I glitch and fall down the stairs only to find myself ending up dead and back at trying to kill Charlie.. this is rather off putting and makes me not want to play anymore.. I'm sorry but if it takes me over an hour to get to a hunting area there is something seriously wrong with the way this place is set up.

~Danimal

Please also get rid of the lava at the bottom of the stair case just before the bridge that takes you to the mind reavers. I find it that often times I glitch and fall down the stairs only to find myself ending up dead and back at trying to kill Charlie.. this is rather off putting and makes me not want to play anymore.. I'm sorry but if it takes me over an hour to get to a hunting area there is something seriously wrong with the way this place is set up.

~Danimal

I'd like it more that they had more jumping around, just increase the avatar mobility/handling/responsiveness, as right now those ava's move very, very stiffy.
Heck, i wouldn't mind if we had GW2 style jumping puzzles :laugh:

Anyway, i'd like to see some development on avatar handling rather than just keep the game same old boring "press autorun to go to places while you take a shit", "press auto-fire to kill a mob while you go get coffee".

He can be killed with less agility and no chips, I have 80 and have no problem, I think anyone can kill it with DPS more than his regeneration

But I agree, it;s a paint in the ass to kill it, not to mention the horible loot, I'm not sure how much it takes to kill it, I think around 100 peds and I have looted between 17-32 peds from 6 kills so far, bad, really bad

Oh, and the fact that he teleports you to him it's good, otherwise the walking backwards technique would not work or is very hard

Just make it shared and all is ok

He can be killed with less agility and no chips, I have 80 and have no problem, I think anyone can kill it with DPS more than his regeneration

But I agree, it;s a paint in the ass to kill it, not to mention the horible loot, I'm not sure how much it takes to kill it, I think around 100 peds and I have looted between 17-32 peds from 6 kills so far, bad, really bad

Oh, and the fact that he teleports you to him it's good, otherwise the walking backwards technique would not work or is very hard

Just make it shared and all is ok

I kill him just fine with walking backwards.. it's just time consuming and he hardly ever loots.

~Danimal

I have 63 agility - walking backwards his fireballs get me every time :((

Since you bumped this might as well report that for me the metabolic enhancer didn't let me run past with 90 agi. Could also be affected by the fantastic dropped packets and ping brought regularly to players in the US by telia's top-notch backbone.

I have 63 agility - walking backwards his fireballs get me every time :((
Since you bumped this might as well report that for me the metabolic enhancer didn't let me run past with 90 agi. Could also be affected by the fantastic dropped packets and ping brought regularly to players in the US by telia's top-notch backbone.
Note, those are 2 completely different methods. For walking backwards and shooting tactic you don't need much AGI (prolly 70-80 should already do the trick).
To simply run past it using metabolic enhancer the lower limit could be somewhere around 100. (I was already past 100 when i 1st tried it, might work a bit earlier as well)

Quality connection is ofc a must have, with everything in EU... Could be it's all about good connection not (so much) about AGI levels? Maybe if u don't encounter a single connection hiccup the whole time u might succeed with much lower speed?

Please folks, post what method you're using and how much AGI u have!?

Last edited:
Please folks, post what method you're using and how much AGI u have!?

125-6 agility,

I have always been running.
Sometimes I could escape him on 1st try,
some other times after 3 or 4 attempts.

The only thing I can say is :
Fuck You Ghe!

I think we are all running the same speed and agility doesn't matter anymore :) But bad connection can slow you down.

I think we are all running the same speed and agility doesn't matter anymore :) But bad connection can slow you down.

Nope, the speed difference still works.

And for everybody who complains about Chalte, the fact you have troubles with that guy means the cave is just not for you yet :D

Note, those are 2 completely different methods. For walking backwards and shooting tactic you don't need much AGI (prolly 70-80 should already do the trick).
To simply run past it using metabolic enhancer the lower limit could be somewhere around 100. (I was already past 100 when i 1st tried it, might work a bit earlier as well)

Quality connection is ofc a must have, with everything in EU... Could be it's all about good connection not (so much) about AGI levels? Maybe if u don't encounter a single connection hiccup the whole time u might succeed with much lower speed?
Yeah i know they're different, but if i'm getting network performance too poor to do the run for freedom, you can imagine how i feel about the prospect of beginning a 100+ PED kill when a slight misstep means loosing it all.

Nope, the speed difference still works.

And for everybody who complains about Chalte, the fact you have troubles with that guy means the cave is just not for you yet :D

Yeah, i guess no one should do the dungeon until they can tank Chalte...

125-6 agility,

I have always been running.
Sometimes I could escape him on 1st try,
some other times after 3 or 4 attempts.

The only thing I can say is :
Fuck You Ghe!

Indeed.

Do you run with or without metabolic boost?

Yeah i know they're different, but if i'm getting network performance too poor to do the run for freedom, you can imagine how i feel about the prospect of beginning a 100+ PED kill when a slight misstep means loosing it all.

Yeah, i guess no one should do the dungeon until they can tank Chalte...

Btw, It's nowhere close to 100 peds to kill him :) I would say it's around 30-50 with decay as well?

And I don't think somebody except like 5 players would be able to tank him :D

I have 66 agi and i can kill him walking backward.

Lin

Hi, Kim :p

And i love the mob gave me 11k peds muscle oil :)

Imk2 player type love it :p

i jst saw this thread and like to add one thing....
Im a imkII guy and Still I never could kill the damn thing, I get him to 10% and then, without fail get nervous, stumbles and die

BUT
its not necesarry to kill it, if you apply metaboic chip on yourself before entering you can run past it into safety

nero

Back