Trapping in instances

Charlie|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
MindArk Official
Trapping monsters inside the new Cyclops Depths dungeon is considered an exploit. Intentional abuse of the disabled anti-trapping logic will from now on be punished.
The anti-trapping logic will be activated in the next Platform Update and will be applied to all instanced areas.

Trapping monsters inside the new Cyclops Depths dungeon is considered an exploit. Intentional abuse of the disabled anti-trapping logic will from now on be punished.
The anti-trapping logic will be activated in the next Platform Update and will be applied to all instanced areas.

thanks for the clarification, it was much needed :yay:

Great ! ty !

Ok, now that you clarified that please untie the developer who made this mistake, we'll deal with him later:boxer::handgun::sniper::whip::rocket:

Sorry John Doe, this year is work and no payment for you!:lam:

GOOD

...now post it on ClientLoader - not all ppl read PCF.

Good to get clarification but please post this on the client loader so everyone can see it not just those who read the forum.

Good, but a bit late after 2 ATH's

why is that your problem becomes my problem?
Cyclops is public instance!
Feffoid cave was solo instance, i do not see this kind of warning for it nor fix, what happen?

:scratch2: From now on!? C'mon...You've given a free hit to the scumbags that openly used the exploit! Punish the pricks, I'm sure quite a few have been reported.

Well that's a black and white clarification. :yup:

:scratch2: From now on!? C'mon...You've given a free hit to the scumbags that openly used the exploit! Punish the pricks, I'm sure quite a few have been reported.

This..

As it is now, MA oficial stance looks like 'If you find and exploit, use and abuse it untill we wake up."

I'd be happy to have an official explanation of what is :

"the disabled anti-trapping logic"

Wouldn't it be more simple to remove this ? :scratch2: (instead of threatening players ?)
(I am still at Ark and did not visit the new Caly dungeons yet).

Gratz to the 40k+ hofs :)

So it's the other way around whoever made the cyclops instance does not share the same sentiments as the other MA staff. John doe you're so fired :lolup:

Good to know... lol

We need more announcements like that. For example pvp radar exploiting and others...

As it is now, MA oficial stance looks like 'If you find and exploit, use and abuse it untill we wake up."

In this particular instance, it can be considered unclear if this was intended or not (the mob is too big for the door, which shuts and can be shot through, and trapping logic is disabled). Because of this, it'd be unduly harsh (imo) to ban people for using it before clarification was given.

Disclaimer: No, I haven't done it myself so not saying that because I'm afraid of getting banned or whatever.

In this particular instance, it can be considered unclear if this was intended or not (the mob is too big for the door, which shuts and can be shot through, and trapping logic is disabled). Because of this, it'd be unduly harsh (imo) to ban people for using it before clarification was given.

For once, I fully agree with you !

Thanks for a clear and decisive answer.

Makes me wonder though how MA would know deal with Arkadia staff for deliberately designing instances to allow for trapping and then giving the go ahead to players to do so. Wonder if they can ban such staff ?

Wouldn't it be more simple to remove this ? :scratch2: (instead of threatening players ?)

Apparently they haven't yet taught the mobs to navigate in the instance so with no-trapping enabled they'd be "unreachable" all the time :)

Last edited:

What the fuck have you been doing for the last 6 months? How many committee meetings and rewrites did you need to have before making this simple clear concise statement that removes all doubt?

Everyone should stay away from the Queen & Pestilence room until the fix is put in place... you might end up accidentally trapping some marcimex in the center machinery without knowing it and up getting banned!

so what does this mean for beacons when mobs get stuck under the platforms? technically standing on a rock and killing the "stuck" robot can now be considered an exploit, but on the flip side all robots need to be killed in the area to continue on to the next area, if "unreachable" is added to beacons then it can become impossible to finish a beacon quite often :(

Why was/is the area PvP? When will you enable logic in your development process?

To allow people to fight over who gets to kill the boss if they want, of course :coffee: not all that hard to figure out, if you think a little...

To allow people to fight over who gets to kill the boss if they want, of course :coffee: not all that hard to figure out, if you think a little...

Well, sometimes I think you have no idea what we are talking about (if it's not Mindforce)... and usually I'm right. So, who wants to battle over mobs that kill with a single crit in a instance where you can't even enter in a team, if you think a little...

Last edited:
So, who wants to battle over mobs that kill with a single crit in a instance where you can't even enter in a team, if you think a little...

That's why I said if they want. If they do, then good for them, they'll be happy over being able to do that. If not... No harm done, and it doesn't matter.

What about these who did it until now ? They got rich by doing this shit. ? Why i wasnt there to get an ATH Tho ?
Isnt abit too late to PUNISH ? it wasnt better to make TEST with servers, before Launch any UPDATE? You guys need a TESTER ? Please let me KNOW.. I will join into TESTING team with pleasure. I will do it even for FREE.

We dont have Auction, but we PUNISH who trap... lol what a joke
and u want us to deposit lol...:girl:

Back