Where's the Great Space FAQ?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
I expected this section to have a sticky post or two with explanations about space and space travel but there isn't... would be nice to have one post to answer all the questions about space.

What are all the different space ship types? How fast do they go?
What can you do on each type?
How dangerous is space?
What happens if you run out of fuel?
How do you hunt in space? Where do you hunt in space?
What's training ground?
Why do pirates shoot people flying without loot to Crystal Palace or FOMA?

What are the other things that people need to know about space?

The bigger vessels are Mothership, Privateers and Starfinder. Quad-Wing and Sleipnir (VTOL) are smaller. The first three are warp capable and able to jump from planet-to-planet in a minute or so, the last two are not. Quad-wings are faster sub-warp than the Sleipnir and Motherships. I've no experience of Privateers and Starfinders and so will let others comment.

What can you do on each type?
On the bigger vessels you can repair, pilot or shoot. Smaller vessels can land inside the motherships if the pilot has entry rights.

How dangerous is space?
Very. Its PVP and lootable too. All your stackables are at risk and if you are shot down and then pked then you lose them. And there are pirates up there willing to do so.

You stop.:laugh: Can't remember if the "T" function is still disabled or not up there. You'd probably have to get out, choke to death and see where you respawn.

How do you hunt in space? Where do you hunt in space?
Mounted guns on your ship. In the larger vessels you might also have a repair crew. There are various hunting grounds dotted around the known universe.

What's training ground?
An area of low-danger space mobs, Cosmic Horrors, I think.

Why do pirates shoot people flying without loot to Crystal Palace or FOMA?
I asked one that question once after he'd shot me down on the way to FOMA. He said it was for the combat practice for when space really takes off.

What are the other things that people need to know about space?
I'll let others fill in this blank.

The bigger vessels are Mothership, Privateers are Starfinders & Patfinders.................. Quad-Wing an...................

fixed it for u :)

You stop.:laugh: Can't remember if the "T" function is still disabled or not up there. You'd probably have to get out, choke to death and see where you respawn.

Yup thats right , leave vehicle , die , respawn ,then come to forum or Soc to ask for help.

One real rule :

If your in a quad or sleip DONT TAKE STACKABLES INTO SPACE !

Back