VTOL: Allow agro or no?

Should MA Make Flying Vehicle Agro Mob?

• Total voters

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Right now, MA has it set so flying vehicles don't agro mobs. This was done on purpose, though the problem is that folks are exploiting this "feature" as god-mode armor. (Ping pong massive mob. When it reaches you, jump in ship. Instant safe.)

Folks have been publicly banned for using this tactic, but folks use it all the same.

However, has it not occurred to anyone that if MA does allow agro on flying vehicles, that it simply opens other exploiting, and MA decided this was the least of two evils?

Personally, I'm not sure which way is worse. I'd like your opinions.

Allow aggro on flying vehicles...and your bound to see huge mob trains in a area near you.:dunce::wise:

Right now, MA has it set so flying vehicles don't agro mobs. This was done on purpose, though the problem is that folks are exploiting this "feature" as god-mode armor. (Ping pong massive mob. When it reaches you, jump in ship. Instant safe.)

Folks have been publicly banned for using this tactic, but folks use it all the same.

However, has it not occurred to anyone that if MA does allow agro on flying vehicles, that it simply opens other exploiting, and MA decided this was the least of two evils?

Personally, I'm not sure which way is worse. I'd like your opinions.
I believe MA has seen the other sides of the "pie" yup once you "fix" an exploit 2-3 new other new types of exploits gets discovered. For instance if they'd made so flying vehicles gets attacked by mobs then, you could use for example a quad to get aggro of all mobs in area and clean them out so you can then mine the area to your fullest.
The only way to truly "fix" this exploit would be to make so flying vehicles cannot go near mobs say 200m in all sides up and down. is highest range you can approach a mob. But i got a feeling this will create an outcry from the playerbase MA figures it's best to leave it as is.

I think the solution has been clear from the outset. The problem is the coding to make it work of course. Flying vehicles sitting on the ground should agro mobs. In the sky, they should not. It solves the mob trains problem, and makes the exploit at least harder to pull off.

Changing aggro on flying vehicles would create massive mob trains.

There should be timer on entering vehicle, just like it takes time to put on armor. When you enter vehicle you wait outside it for 10 seconds (example, maybe 5 would be enough) before you enter it. This way Vtols will be eradicated from ping-pong exploiting as one would be locked during that 10 seconds, not being able to heal or shoot.

This would also solve miners 'exploiting' Vtol mining among big mobs they can't handle (I'm ready fro -rep rain).

I did not voted, since there is not such option, and I think that changing aggro on flying vehs would be bad.

yes allow agro

easy solutin?

When entering a vehicle it should take 30 sec, in this time the ava isn't protected through the vehicle and also can't move, can't fap, etc...

m2p

It took me 2 years to found out that mobs don't attack a VTOL - to prevent damages I always either landed far from mobs or jumped out in flight (had even a macros "exit + pick up" set), taking damages myself. It's funny to remember how I was doing the missions in and around the volcano, dying hundreds of times, having no idea I could ignore the eviscerators and just land on a waypoint without even exiting the vtol.

Now that I already got used that I don't have to play paratrooper each time I go to the hunting grounds, I'm not ready to give up that easily :D

Last edited:
I would like it to stay the way it is, i like being able to jump into a vehicle when i have to go away from pc for a few mins and don't want to logout.

I really don't care about people vtol shooting something, since it can be called a feature IMO. They still spend the PEDs to shoot the mobs, it's not like they get the kills for free......

Anyways, what could be done with the aggro, to make the game more realistic, is that the flying creatures will aggro on flying vehicles (and if possible the ground mobs could aggro when the vehicle is staying on the ground). Dunno really how hard it would be to implement such a code, but here's just my two PECs.

don't allow agro once you are in vtol but the mobs that are agro'd pre-entering should def blow up the vtol/quad..

As soon as someone enters a vehicle game checks if they have shot any mob if so the mob dies instantly as if it has hit a turret.

I really don't care about people vtol shooting something, since it can be called a feature IMO.

Great view point. Why not just TT all the armors and faps and simply issue VTOLs to everyone? :rolleyes:

(Please note the sarcasm)

Seriously, consider what widespread playing in god-mode means for this game. Gratz, you looted shadow thighs. TT value 8 ped and no one will buy them.

Think I'm exaggerating? If MA came out and said VTOL hunting was 100% fine, tell me I'd be wrong.

simple: if mob looses agro due to one entering vehicle, trapped status for 10 mins.

Great view point. Why not just TT all the armors and faps and simply issue VTOLs to everyone? :rolleyes:

(Please note the sarcasm)

Seriously, consider what widespread playing in god-mode means for this game. Gratz, you looted shadow thighs. TT value 8 ped and no one will buy them.

Think I'm exaggerating? If MA came out and said VTOL hunting was 100% fine, tell me I'd be wrong.

Whats any diffrent about Vtol hunting, and pulling mob near a revive so you can run back and shoot more when you die (over and over) til mob is dead?

either way you could fuck up and lose the mob (and all the ped put in). either way you incur no armor cost, and either way you dump a shit load of ped into killing something above your lvl. Remove the vtol way, people would just use the revive way (like they did before)

As someone said above, its nice to be able to spawn the vtol jump inside, and go afk with out dying. when u need a bathroom break during a hunt or mine session.

I really don't see a small handful of players using a vtol to hunt with as being a huge problem for the game. sure might reduce their Armour cost, but surely increased their ammo cost (since they are now hunting large above their lvl) besides if they hit ATH MA could just ban them rather than "pay out".

As soon as someone enters a vehicle game checks if they have shot any mob if so the mob dies instantly as if it has hit a turret.

So there George was. He had brought his best gear, and was now attacking his nemesis. They fought for hours, and George had been forced to throw away several guns already. They just became to hot too handle. But he was close to the kill.

Suddenly, the sky filled with noise, as a vtol landed. A guy came out, aimed his azuro at the beast, which turned to his new prey. the man jumped back on board and took of. The beast suddenly died, just as George, who suffered a stroke due to his anger.

I think the solution has been clear from the outset. The problem is the coding to make it work of course. Flying vehicles sitting on the ground should agro mobs. In the sky, they should not. It solves the mob trains problem, and makes the exploit at least harder to pull off.

This right here is the solution.

True some people are still willing to exploit in a much harder way (flying away instead of just sitting on the ground) but at least for all regen mobs this will not work anymore.
I think a lot less exploiting will happen that way.

Then again on the other side, they are wasting peds like the rest of us. But problem is that they get access to loots out of their range, people invest a LOT of time (and for some, money) to be able to get these loots.

Yeah, mobs should certainly be able to dmg flying vehicles imo. At least big mobs.
It makes no sense that a giant Prot or Eomon stops it rage, because it's target jumps in a tiny tin can. Other situations would make more sense ofc.

What I think MA should do, to make it more realistic AND to make vtol-hunting-exploits at least more difficult, is this:
- Mobs should be able to attack all types of vehicles. Large mobs are more likely to do so than smaller mobs
- Mobs range applies. If you fly high to get out of range, ofc the vehicle can't be hit
- Introduce a small vehicle start-up delay. This will make it harder to exploit vtol-hunting
- A few mob types, gains the ability to 'grab' flying vehicles if they are close enough, and keep them near the ground.
- If the player exits the vehicles, the mob might attack the player, or keep trying to destroy the vehicle. If the player attacks the mob again, he is much more likely to regain aggro.
- Mob damaged vehicles might experience % of the dmg as TT decay.

So there George was. He had brought his best gear, and was now attacking his nemesis. They fought for hours, and George had been forced to throw away several guns already. They just became to hot too handle. But he was close to the kill.

Suddenly, the sky filled with noise, as a vtol landed. A guy came out, aimed his azuro at the beast, which turned to his new prey. the man jumped back on board and took of. The beast suddenly died, just as George, who suffered a stroke due to his anger.

Only took 20 mins for someone to come up with that not bad. Now lets see how long it takes to post a solution to it...

Entropia Policing

I love the old adage, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, but trying to prevent all abuse is not always possible, as one possible solution leads to other new problems.
In the real world we have laws, regulations, and all sorts of rules we must follow and abide by. Those are all enforced by some kind of policing authority... go all the way back to the original ten rules (ie the Ten Commandments) and the policing authority is God, right?

MA have stated in the past that they log everything, so why not have police bots through which the logs are piped so suspicious behaviour can be detected and appropriate action can be taken?
Punishment does not have to be real-time -- it certainly isn't in the real-world!

I would like it to stay the way it is, i like being able to jump into a vehicle when i have to go away from pc for a few mins and don't want to logout.

This reason more than any other. Doorbells and phones ring whilst in-game for all of us. :wise:

VTOL healers(vehicle repairers) would become a real profession if this changed.

It would not stop people that are inclined to do exploiting.

(I like pie yummy)

In a way it could be solved quite "easy", let all mobs develop and mutate so they now can
do MF attacks too, but only doing damage against mechanical stuff with electronics.
A mob that has been activated for agro, it should be able to hit a vehicle in their full
radarrange, standing still.
Not sure it's the best way to solve it thou', but at least one way to do it. ;)

The only way to stop the exploit being used would be to make it so mobs go back to full health if attacker hops into vehicles that stop agro.:wise:

This option would be fine with me since I only use flying vehicles to get away from mobs I don't want to kill.

(adding further idea on this)

Make it so only the damages the hunter did to the mob are regained when they get into flying vehicle to avoid agro. This would not punish teams or let someone harass other people hunting by shooting then getting in flying vehicle to make mob go full health.

Also it would have to only be when the mob has agro on the hunter. This way if someone wanted to go get ammo or leave while team hunts it would not mess up the hunt.

Last edited:
if the mobs can hit us, shouldn't it be fair we can use our stupid pvp only vehicle guns on the mobs?

I mean seriously, whats that all about, im going to die to a snable attacking my heavily armed vehicle? instead of shooting him in the face?, hang on let me climb out of my tank and get my knife to kill this monster....:dunce::wise:

Changing aggro on flying vehicles would create massive mob trains.

There should be timer on entering vehicle, just like it takes time to put on armor. When you enter vehicle you wait outside it for 10 seconds (example, maybe 5 would be enough) before you enter it. This way Vtols will be eradicated from ping-pong exploiting as one would be locked during that 10 seconds, not being able to heal or shoot.

This would also solve miners 'exploiting' Vtol mining among big mobs they can't handle (I'm ready fro -rep rain).

I agree, a timer is the most appropriate solution - given the current mechanics - that I can think of at this time.

Since the Cyclops Depths instance was released I've been in there almost every day.

Before MA issued a public warning about it, I saw people trapping mobs in there every day.

Since they issued a public warning, I haven't seen a single person doing it.

Some of us have been asking for years for some clarification on what is, or isn't, an exploit, and for MA/PC/whoever to enforce the rules as appropriate.

This is the first time they've ever listened to those suggestions, and now that we've finally seen some action on it, it's worked, instantly and without any major drama.

The solution is, and always has been, obvious. Make it clear what the rules are, and take action against anyone breaking those rules. No arguments, no favouritism, no leeway.

This is how I've always run my events, and the only people who have ever complained about it were the cheats.

I hope that the success of the Cyclops example will be a precursor to more of this kind of transparency so that fair players will no longer have to suffer in relation to the cheaters.

Didn't bother voting on the poll though, the question you asked is not the important one.

The solution is, and always has been, obvious. Make it clear what the rules are, and take action against anyone breaking those rules. No arguments, no favouritism, no leeway.
If MA did this, things here would be a lot more cheery.
But as you said;
This is the first time they've ever listened to those suggestions

:ahh:

Maybe they'll learn soon.

Back