Entropedia is a great tool however there is a problem.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
The problem is lack of input from the players. I try to update anything I find that does not match the information in EP and add to existing info as best I can.

With all the new weapons, armor, mining equipment etc. it is very important that we all help keep everything current.

I have seen things being discovered and have no idea what they are or what they do and when I check EP no one has entered any info at all. The least that should be done is to enter the item in the correct category, whatever info one knows (I know it is hard to know much on a new item before using it, even if you the lvl it takes use it) and what it was looted from. This will give all players a little bit of help. Of course that is assuming that we are here to help each other and I think that is the case almost all of the time.

For the new players that have not used this tool there is a forum lower down the opening page dedicated to Entropedia.

Moderator: I know this could be posted in the EP forum but there may be new players unfamiliar with EP and this may help them if this post is left here.

FYI, some people don't want to share any information unless or until they think it is to their economic advantage to do so :)

FYI, some people don't want to share any information unless or until they think it is to their economic advantage to do so :)

I agree but I think there are more people that do share than don't share, at least I hope that is the case.

Always update Entropedia when I see something has changed or have new information. I use Entropedia a lot. Perhaps newer players don't know about it?

Yeah i saw a sales thread with links to entropedia info and it said for one item that it was not in entropedia yet and i thought "What kind of dumbass does that?" If you know about it and use it and own an item not yet entered there and know about ... ffs enter the information.

BTW if anyone has a tool or weapon that has not had decay information entered into entropedia, you can contact me in-game and i'll sweat test it and add it for you.

Always update Entropedia when I see something has changed or have new information. I use Entropedia a lot. Perhaps newer players don't know about it?

Yes that is why I tried to put this is general discussion and asked the mods to leave it for new players but I doubt they even looked at that because it is now in EP forum.

Just an idea: Make an annual info gathering event.

Prizes: Some of the below:

Chikara InvestaFoe ES100
Chikara InvestaFoe ES200
Chikara InvestaFoe ES300
Chikara InvestaFoe ES400
Chikara InvestaFoe ES500
LifeScanner I
LifeScanner II
LifeScanner III
LifeScanner IV
LifeScanner V

+ a blueprint

Just an idea: Make an annual info gathering event.

Prizes: Some of the below:

Chikara InvestaFoe ES100
Chikara InvestaFoe ES200
Chikara InvestaFoe ES300
Chikara InvestaFoe ES400
Chikara InvestaFoe ES500
LifeScanner I
LifeScanner II
LifeScanner III
LifeScanner IV
LifeScanner V

+ a blueprint

That could be a good thing. Thanks.

I understand why people don't want update...

How do sites like wowhead and thottbot gather their data? Can entropedia do the same?

idk, but damn I used to love thottbot & EJ :laugh:

Entropedia is falling apart at the seams and that's my reason for not trying to update it anymore.
All I wanted to do is confirm recent loots on Feffoids the other day but because Entropedia has become stupid and ignores perfectly valid authentication cookies my browser sends and requires to login again every 15 minutes, I can't be bothered.
It used to remember my login for days, even across full reboots... now if I'm idle for a few minutes, it requires logging in again, and then navigating back to the page you were trying to update which takes forever because of stupid slow page loads.

Back