[4/06/05] Sculpture event

Michyblueyes

Prowler
Aweb
A new event to Entropia is being launched, a sculpture event. After looking at all the pec art and oil castles especially during the land grab I have decided to make and event out of it.

Details

The event will take place in Genesis Start Tower B, floor 10 this is the garden in the apartment buildings. There will be four teams in each category and marks will be awarded approperatly for the corresponding round they are as follows,

Micro Oil Structures - small structure to be made out of mainly oil but up to 5 other non oil items may be used for decoration.

Free Style - Sculptures can be made of what ever item you have including but no limited to oil, pec/ped, ore, furniture and or other items.

Pec art - Flat images of any subject or item can be made, materials used can be only pec/ped

Noob Free Style - The final round aimed toward new players, you can use any item you want but the total tt value must no exceed 30 pec

Rules

Some basic common sense rules:

1) Sculptures must stay with in the designated area but the artists may leave there area to inspect there sculptures

2) Do not pick up any item belonging to the sculpture or any other drooped item.

3) Spectators must stay out of the sculpture area and stay behind designated boundaries to prevent vandalism of sculptures

4) This is a social event please do not wear you're armor in side the garden, there will be guard present and it will be perfectly safe

5) The event is timed and after 10 minutes have passed artists should step away from there sculptures for marking.

6) Maximum of 4 teams per round, although we may run multipul rounds in the noob free style should there be demand.

Entry fees / Prizes

This is a non profit event run and subsidized by tower of light members.

The entry fee is 2 ped per artist per round should you wish to compete in more than one round, with a maximum of 5 artists per team, except for the Noob free style round in witch the entry fee is 25 pec each.

Prizes will be funded mostly from the entry fee's but depending on attendance will most likely be subsidized by tower of light members, the prizes per round are ass follows,

Micro Oil Structures - 10 Ped

Free Style - Full bodyguard Armor (M)

Pec Art - A103 tt-3.41 and Fap 10 tt-1.5 ped

Noob Free Style - Jester D1 for each team member

Any donations are welcome and will be added to prize fund, name of any donations will be posted here. Note that the prizes may be increased as and when I get round to looking around on my apartment floor also should there be good attendance at the event then any spare cash will be used to pump up prizes.

Note: If the prize goes to a team then it is there responsabilty to divide the prize.

Finally and most importantly time and date - Saturday 4th June 2005, 7:00 PM GMT

If this date or time is makes if very difficult for lots of the participants to attend please let me know and we can consider rearranging it .

If you will be attending please post so I can work out numbers

Last edited:
I'll try to be there, though definately not competeing. lol This sounds like a fun event. ^^

Thanks!

Bump, for those of you no online at the time of posting :D

Any tips for us who have never made any previous art on stacking/climbing to create this art? (or maybe its just me...?)

My advice would be to decide what object you want to do and recreat it useing a varity of materials. It's important to be creative have a some choices of materials on you and just go with the flow and enjoy you're self.

Just so everyone see it ill bump it now and once or twice before the the actula event.

this deserves a free bumb cool event and truly one of the things that makes PE so special

Definitely an interesting event. I'll start practising right away.

I would really like to be there if I can.

I hope noone ruins it, but there is almost always someone who try, specially when its so easy to access. Even tho if there are guards, someone have to pick up something before they can be classified as shoot-on-sight. :( I should know, Ive parttaken in alot of pec/oil art.

That was a majour concert when planning this event. Firstly we are going to attempt to keep people out of pickup range as much as possible, secondly is someone dose start snatching things then hopefully they will be "removed" before too much damage is down and thirdly Iam relying on the maturity of the community not to ruin this even and iam sure they wont (hard work being this optamistic :D )

I say, you should also have a guard at the ground floor, so they cant take the televator up if they were caught stealing in the first place. :)

If some people become a percistant probelm then i will do that but iam limited in number of guards avalible to me also i dont want this event to turn into fort knocks :)

Bump - Not long to go now, hope you got all you're oil :D

Rite, well we will be starting in about 3 and a half hours so I though id give this a bump and tell you have exsactly is in the prize fund.

Full Bodyguard Armor (M)
2X A101
10x Jester D1
Set of Male cloths (Shirt, pants and shoes)
Undertmined amount of cash (Depends on how many people turn up)

Remember 7PM GMT, Gensis Tower B Floor 10.

Good luck and hope to see you there.

how did it go? sorry i missed it but i was working i would of liked to watch

Well, it flopped realy. We had quite a few people turn up but all of them wanted to watch no one actuly want to build so unforuantly notthing happened it was a real shame.

I think the problem was that although the location was perfect due to it layout but it was too out of the way for some people, I still have all the prizes in my invetory so iam going to re-try it later on in another location. Probely going to use one of the rings as it has to be in a pvp area for obviouse reasons.

Thanks to all those who showed up we had a good chat anyway :)

Too bad it went that way :/

I say, take my advice from the thread where we discussed making such a event. Let people make the sculptures in private, find their own areas and have their own guards, and send in picture with timestamp (to prove it was made AFTER the event started)
That would keep away stealing bastards and it will give people more time and space!
Give it a few weeks to collect the screenshots and find a good jury to review them. :)

Back