Pirate Exploit Exposed (video)

Alainax

Elite
Bonnie
I’ve had quite a few requests for this video now, so thought I’d share it with the community.

We all know pirates are rogues and thieves, but they are part of the balance of space :) and all is well.
They usually work within the parameters and rules of the game ( and most of them surely stick to this). There has been talk of the speed hacks, auto aim etc in the past, but nothing super conclusive. Until now.

This week, we witnessed a well-known pirate in a self-proclaimed “god mode”. I shall do my best to explain a bit about what is happening here. Sorry if it’s a bit of a long explanation, I know most of you will be able to see exactly the exploit, but just so it is super clear to everyone.

When your quad is destroyed in space, in local chat there is a message saying who destroyed it. If you look to the local chat, you will see things like “Bonnie destroyed quad wing interceptor (L)” This means that 100% the quad has been destroyed. What should happen then is that the avatar is ejected into space. This is shown by a white triangle above his head.

The avatar usually remains relatively still, as he chokes and dies in space. Unable to move or equip items. If he is not shot within a 20 second or so time frame, he chokes and dies. He then revives at the nearest revival and his quad is returned to his inventory.

What you will witness here is an avatar being able to equip a repair tool, run toward his destroyed quad, repair it, and jump back in all in space. Ready to battle again. And no death.

There are some rare instances when someone can be ejected from a quad, for example a relog. You will then re-spawn outside your quad, and can climb back in. However you will still die when your 20 seconds are up.

This avatar has found a way to exploit the system by bypassing the death sequence, being able to move, and being able to equip items.

• Part 1 of the video, look at the chat. You will see 2 messages of “ Bonnie destroyed quad wing interceptor – Justifier” You will see these in quick succession of each other, showing there was no time for him to die, respawn at ss, and fly back to engage. Showing that the quad was repaired in mid space.
    You will also see the avatar dart around the screen, in a way that the dying avatars cannot do unless somehow using a bug in an exploiting manner. Making it almost impossible to get a fix on him. As one of his pirate friends approach ( the green triangle) You see the dead quad now come alive again.

• Part 2 of the video again shows the chat, the quad has been destroyed 3 times in quick succession. The other pirates allude to the fact that he is repairing the dead quad whilst in space. You see the quad being destroyed again. And the white triangle darting around uncharacteristically, moving back towards the quad at high speed. Hey presto, the quad turns from a smouldering wreck, into a quad again, and the tag changes from blue ( no one in pilot seat) to red ( now it has a pilot). The white triangle disappears as it enters the quad again. The pirate now proclaims to be in “god mode”. As he flies his now repair quad away.

• Part 3 things start to get very conclusive, if you had missed it before, you will see it now for sure! Video starts with the chat showing me having destroyed it, and then Dusk destroys it on camera. White triangle heals the quad, darts over to it, and then jumps back in. Quads goes from destroyed and not having a pilot, to fixed and being flown. I destroy it again, quad blows up, white triangle is ejected and should die.. Quad gets healed again and white triangle jumps inside it. Dusk destroys it again…. Rinse and repeat. Ghostman destroys it twice… each time the same thing happens.

• Part 4, the Justifier is killed 4 times in quick succession, each time it gets repaired and the pilot gets back in. I am sure you have caught exactly what’s going on by now. You can also hear his repair tool clicking in this one.

• Part 5 is harder to see what’s going on, the pirate is outside the ship running around shooting at us with a non-space gun. Showing that he has the ability to equip items out in space, and also not to choke and die like the rest of us. This is shown by the rapid succession of 1pts of dmg. You also see in this video that he steadies himself, just enough for me to try to hit him with my gun, as I fire a shot, he sees it and then proceeds to dart around like crazy, in order not to be shot. Thus proving that he was in control of his movements out there.

Funnily enough, they also demonstrated this exploit in one of their own videos. Where the pirate is seen to be running outside in space, and hitting a mothership with a flame thrower. Showing that it was not a one off occurrence, but something they can do when it pleases them.

Why is this a problem?

Apart from being a cheat, and against the rules of the game, here are some reasons why this must be dealt with swiftly and decisively.
The exploit here is to gain an advantage over other players.

The first is the annoying and already being looked into by MA of warp harassment. This is where pirates have no intention of killing a ship, they just want to stop it from warping. They do this by sitting exactly out of range of the motherships guns, and fire off one shot every time she tries to warp. Hence stopping the warp. The Mothership is much slower than the qauds, so can’t chase after them, and as the quads are sitting out of range of her guns, so she can’t kill them.

This never used to be an issue in the past, as a mothership guns had the range to protect her. However when space was rescaled, this was not taken into account, and the out of range bug abuse was born.

The other night the band of rogues admitted that they deliberately were sitting out of range, as did not want to engage in battle, merely wanted to harass and interfere with the game play of others. Which is a shame, as space battles are fun :) Options like sending out a team of quads have their merits, however often the quad squadron can be shot down before their screen even loads.

Imagine it a bit like…. You have a nice healthy HP, you got yourself some great armour and an awesome gun. You are finished your mining run in pvp4 and you decide to TP home. You charge your chip and along comes a noob who fires one shot from an opalo at you. Your chip fails. You cant shoot him back as he shoots from out of range. You cant chase him, he is much faster than you. You cant get any faster. You can’t get a gun with a better range. You can’t jump in any vehicle. You charge your chip again. He shoots once again. All the while, staying just out of your range, with no intention of killing you, just wanting to harass you. Could go on for hours, This is what can happen in space.

So with this new exploit on the cards, even if there is a few seconds where the pirate has inadvertently come into range, killing them is futile. As you will see from the video.

With this “god mode” exploit being used, the avatar merely fixes his broken ship, jumps back in, and is ready to harass you again. There is no way to kill them and send them on their merry way back to the space station to secure enough time for you to warp.

Similarly, if a ship was actually being attacked, and not merely harassed, then imagine the scene where you have killed off your enemy, only for him to re-appear right there in seconds, shooting at you again. An exploit being abused in such a way that killing a pirate has no consequence.

So what about non warp capable ships? How does it affect them?

You’re in space, trying to get from A to B. You see you are being followed. You turn and engage the pirate. A battle ensues and you are both badly hurt, but you get that last shot and win triumphantly! :yay: You proceed to get on your merry way, when boom! You get shot in the back. You turn around to see that the ship you destroyed has been repaired by the avatar who should be dead… in mid space. He has repaired it and got back in. Destroyed your ship and killed you. He didn’t not die like everyone else should have, and his ship was not sent back to his inventory. Charming.

Both the warp harassment and the Exploit have been reported to support. I have tried to be careful not to name anyone as a scammer as per the forum rules, I do not think there are any current scams going on with this, just exploit abuse. The final judgement I guess will be made by MindArk, however I do hope it will be of some use for others to know what is happening out there.

Ps. Thank you Soreal for sorting the video out for me :)

Last edited:
I'm always curious how people find out about this kind of exploits, well I hope they fix it if it the thruth.

And, if you can't kill a noob with a Opalo maybe you should not be in PVP4 :silly2:

And, if you can't kill a noob with a Opalo maybe you should not be in PVP4 :silly2:

The point Bill is that the above was a comparison and its actually true.
Its not about killing a noob, its about the fact that a noob with quad in space can attack motherships from out of range and not be hit back.
You have to imagine a noob with opalo that 'you' cant kill because he can reliably avoid getting hit by you and it has nothing to do with your skills or your gear just with the way the game is designed and exploited.

Awesome post Alaina, a great display of what some pirates enjoy themself in doing, while not caring about game rules or mindark enforcing them.
If one players 'fun' is about how much he can make another one 'spend' through exploiting design flaws of the game its a poor statement of their social ripeness and how borderline you can behave if dealing with breaking the games rules is delayed or to soft.

The point Bill is that the above was a comparison and its actually true.
Its not about killing a noob, its about the fact that a noob with quad in space can attack motherships from out of range and not be hit back.
You have to imagine a noob with opalo that 'you' cant kill because he can reliably avoid getting hit by you and it has nothing to do with your skills or your gear just with the way the game is designed and exploited.

Awesome post Alaina, a great display of what some pirates enjoy themself in doing, while not caring about game rules or mindark enforcing them.
If one players 'fun' is about how much he can make another one 'spend' through exploiting design flaws of the game its a poor statement of their social ripeness and how borderline you can behave if dealing with breaking the games rules is delayed or to soft.

{removed}
You think we can do that on que ?

Go back to the drawing board and think up another mystical story.

Look forward to holding up your warps alot more in future :yup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it seems true.

As when you leave quad in space you do not die, so it is possible to repair the quad.

Would be good if you could post something from MA, just to confirm this is an exploit.

This "exploit" gains MA money though so, will be interesting to see the outcome.

If it is, as everyone who exploits, hope he gets ban :D

I don't really see how they can defend, on this one. Other than game mechanics , but sure MA would remove this if they knew about it.

Last edited:
I'm always curious how people find out about this kind of exploits, well I hope they fix it if it the thruth.

After many years envloved in online gaming and also hosting game servers you generally find that certain types of people meet certain psycological criteria.

In many many cases the "gamers" who do these sorts of things dig around to find the faults and exploitable parts of a game for the sole purpose of "raging" or "griefing" the players who want to play properly.

Be it WoW, counterstrike , TF2 or EU .

In EU it is a unique gaming enviroment which envolves real money
After psycologically profiling a few of our pirates I found that some of them not only have this "griefing" mentality they also have the lure of real money in the loot that they get when they shoot people down.

They are kind of using their ped card size to compensate for other things.

What you see in this video is a classic example of a badly affected player , he simply has to do these things to prove "something" to himself and his fellow pirates. It is in his mindset.

In terms of its legality in EU , It is definately 100% an exploit that is being used in an attempt to enrage the players on the receiving end of it and to give himself a gain either in rep or peds if they manage to actually shoot Normandie down.

Here is the relevant parts of the ToU , MA now needs to act on this.

8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct
j. You must immediately report errors and bugs in the Entropia Universe to MindArk whenever You discover them. You may not “cheat” or otherwise neglect to report errors or bugs, use bugs, slow connection, Internet latency, or other 'exploits' for own benefits or for the benefit of others.

11. Breach Agreement
Without limiting MindArk's legal remedies, if You fail to comply with the restrictions and limitations of this Agreement or the agreements it incorporates by reference, MindArk may immediately terminate this Agreement, with or without prior notice to You.
You also agree that MindArk has the right to lock Your Entropia Universe Account in case of suspected Agreement violation during the period of investigation of the said violation.
Termination of this agreement on this ground may also result in Termination or Ban of Your Entropia Universe Account and termination of the EULA agreement. If Your Account was Terminated for any reason, MindArk is under no obligation to allow You to register a new Entropia Universe Account in the future.
I hereby certify that I have read, understood and agree to the ToU. I acknowledge that by checking the “I accept” box or registering an approved Account I hereby entering an obliging agreement with MindArk.

Your all a bunch of loosers mate...
You think we can do that on que ?

Go back to the drawing board and think up another mystical story.

Look forward to holding up your warps alot more in future :yup:

ROFL chances thanks for proving my profile of you to the community.

Nice one! Caught on Camera! .....Maybe if more peeps write support case MA will watch the video :D...So I will write one :D ....

ROFL chances thanks for proving my profile of you to the community.

35588965.jpg

If MA does not fix this ASAP, and knowing their track record they probably wont, here's an equalizer solution:

Teach EVERY Mothership passenger how to run about in space. Then if the MS blows up, we can watch each and every one of the passengers run back to the MS and start repairing it again. ;)

PM me the method! :D

If MA does not fix this ASAP, and knowing their track record they probably wont, here's an equalizer solution:

Teach EVERY Mothership passenger how to run about in space. Then if the MS blows up, we can watch each and every one of the passengers run back to the MS and start repairing it again. ;)

PM me the method! :D

I will tell you for 1000 peds, plz add me ingame and we can meet somewhere ;)

Wow you should be a story teller! :D

Fantastic read (I didnt read it)

Anyway heres another view :)

http://www.twitch.tv/nvchances/c/2603281

Live now if anyone wants to come and watch exploit the game a little more ... LOLZ

Thanks chances, your video even more shows in detail how quickly quads get destroyed if they actually come into fighting range of Normandie and how much you have been watching all the time to stay out of our range.
Guess i will include your video in my case, its good footage :)

All this holding us up from warping and being proud of it is only a temporary 'event' until you guys lost enough time and peds without something to show for it and give up on it like you did a year ago ;)
Been there seen that, nothing new and not the topic of this thread - its mainly about exploiting and being proud about it that needs taken action.

Thanks chances, your video even more shows in detail how quickly quads get destroyed if they actually come into fighting range of Normandie and how much you have been watching all the time to stay out of our range.
Guess i will include your video in my case, its good footage :)

All this holding us up from warping and being proud of it is only a temporary 'event' until you guys lost enough time and peds without something to show for it and give up on it like you did a year ago ;)
Been there seen that, nothing new and not the topic of this thread - its mainly about exploiting and being proud about it that needs taken action.

Please, I have many more hours of video on my site, I encourage you to do some more research...

Actually the only reason you got away was because of the "Kismet" bug where it does not mount when you spawn your quad and you need to recall it. Yes another bug.. there are many - MA like to call them "game mechanics" just like how passengers are encouraged (ordered) to log off whilst they voyage in lootable PVP... oh wait MA says thats ok so yeah, you guys dont encourage exploiting at all :rolleyes:

You guys are making the biggest deal about nothing - absolute tossers.

1. You kill stagger
2. He got glitched out
3. He fooled around while you took your time to shoot him
4. You mad cause we held your precious mothership up for over an hour and you spent FAR more peds
5. You get all your circle jerk buddies to come on here and bomb the forums and MA support cases for NOTHING lol

Grow a pair and get over yourself.

just wow.. fkin nebula virus cheaters.. i really hope a ban hammer hits hard for stagger... i can stay away from pvp areas but i HAVE to fly thru space so this kinda shit should see long bans.. and quick fix

I hope Stagger will be permanently banned... and another people from his company too
Maybe pirates is a necessary evil, but all will be honestly, and not as in this video...

I hate pirates, but even more I hate exploiters :mad:

I hope Stagger will be permanently banned... and another people from his company too
Maybe pirates is a necessary evil, but all will be honestly, and not as in this video...

I hate pirates, but even more I hate exploiters :mad:

To be pirat is one thing and ok, but to be pirat and exploiter together is too much. Ma should ban him!

and another people from his company too

Your now banned from flying in space when I see you, slow boat or TP to planet are your 2 options.

Oh hell... while everyone is coming out of the woodwork put me down also for getting Stagger banned :lolup:

Please dont bring our soc into this bullshit thread your little buddies have planned up for stagger ok...
You can watch me pirate totally live and learn about all the exploits and hacks I personally use and then if you find something you have a problem with please feel free to report me.

Thought of a great picture for this thread too !! :cool:

35jndq.jpg

Sexydancing in your face,
Chances

Your now banned from flying in space when I see you, slow boat or TP to planet are your 2 options.

Fie on you! :laugh:

If you used this exploit you should be banned too :)

Last edited:
Wow... stupidity....

MMO war rule #1... Never... and I mean NEVER use exploits AGAINST the opposing force in your pissing match. For SURE you'll be called out on it.

Good vid Bonnie. Nice to FINALLY see the hard proof!

Menace

i vote for midark putting staggers quad on auction and giving the sales ped to charity. :laugh:

So many exploits and exploiters in the game these days, and MA does nothing.
I feel stupid to be one of the only people left still playing the game not using some kind of exploit.
But is a good vid, best chance is if enough people make support case maybe MA will do something.

So many exploits and exploiters in the game these days, and MA does nothing.
I feel stupid to be one of the only people left still playing the game not using some kind of exploit.
But is a good vid, best chance is if enough people make support case maybe MA will do something.

Yeah, that the most depressing sometimes, when exploits gets so common that you feel like an idiot that don't want or even don't know how to use them yourself.

MA should give warning first for to the players, than if they don't stop using the exploit they should be banned for a period of time. Players exploiting something that are a bug should not cause a direct ban, if it's not something really serious. This is exploited that should be stop and fixed, but at the same time not that serious. They don't get any free money, like unlimited minig amps, they are just playing unfair.

Seems very bannable to me for the majority of people, but in this case it's... let me just call them players (instead of what comes to mind) that serve MA in a certain way. Nothing will happen :(

Back