Question: Which Amp is better ? Level 8 or D-class

crazyqpp

Alpha
Society
Noodles
ali tayyab crazy
Hello,
A Little info i want to share.
I was thinking of doing a mining run with level 8 but then i saw d-class on auction and it has same efficiency as L8 but less MU and that got me curious. I asked a few people on FL who are using L8 atm. "why not D-class ?" Does L8 gives better returns ? The answer was pretty much what i was expecting. "NO, the both have same efficiency but D-class is only for Rocktropia and Hell."

Still i had to confirm it and i did by doing mining with d-class on calypso and asking some more people about the fact and it was proved wrong.

You can use D-class anywhere u want it is not only for RT or Hell. This is the only reason i created this thread coz many people dont know about it and may think the same.

Most important..i know my english is not that good dont point out mistakes :p

Greetings Aj jugnoo :))

Curious here, subscribing.

Last edited:
the cheapest of them is best ofc :)

Only differance I know of is the markup and the required lvl to use it (which is pretty important for a low lvl ava).

Markup
Level 8 Finder Amplifier (L): 115,63%
D-Class Mining Amp (L): 119,38%

Lvl to use:
Level 8 Finder Amplifier (L): 5
D-Class Mining Amp (L): 10

So, if you only look at mu and lvl I would ofc go for Level 8 Finder Amplifier (L).

But maybe someone logged the differance who can say anything more educated.

Only differance I know of is the markup and the required lvl to use it (which is pretty important for a low lvl ava).

Markup

Lvl to use:

So, if you only look at mu and lvl I would ofc go for Level 8 Finder Amplifier (L).

I am not sure where you are getting your info, but those prices do not reflect the current markets.

If you dont have the skills for the Dclass then lvl 8 is better, otherwise D-Class offers the same decay and tt for a lower markup than the lvl 8.

well what i find really strange is the d-class and lvl 8 are in different sections on auction
level 8 amps are in high
d-class amps are in medium

*shrug* i find this strange since they do the same decay

Markup

Lvl to use:

D-class for 119.38% ? either ur crafter is ripping u off or u havnt checked auc for a while.

well what i find really strange is the d-class and lvl 8 are in different sections on auction
level 8 amps are in high
d-class amps are in medium

*shrug* i find this strange since they do the same decay

Yes that is strange and even more when u see the one listed in High section"Level 8" needs less skills to use while the one in medium needs twice as more

D-class for 119.38% ? either ur crafter is ripping u off or u havnt checked auc for a while.

It was taken from Entropedias amp info page.
Sorry, should have checked current mu.

I only use lvl8 amps and have been doing so since they were oa105
Ive also used D amps and from what ive seen I believe they arnt the same as a lvl8 amp
Why?
1/ as Strash said their classed as medium
2/Ive notice that with lvl8 amps you find a lot of xi (talking Foma here)
3/finds that should be xi are x with the D amp.
4/I think the D amp is between lvl7 and lvl8
even though they say the same efficiency i still think there not the same
So i use lvl8 exclusively
60 pros.
Zed

Ive also used D amps and from what ive seen I believe they arnt the same as a lvl8 amp
Why?
60 pros.
Zed

Odd, because their decay is identical, so they should have the same effect on average return.

The different auction classification is simply an MA bug. There used to be several amps in the wrong category, MA have fixed most of them, perhaps as a result of a support case I logged, this one remains.

Last edited:
only tower I have ever had was with a dclass, and it was on Arkadia.

long term returns with them have brought me profit after mu in vs mu out, so I love them. (not counting the tower)

Why?
60 pros.
Zed
Classed medium is just one of many things MA has to correct. As the decay on D-class is same as of L8 so your returns will be. As of getting X and XI in FOMA or HELL it is because of change in Mining system made a couple of months before in FEB 2013 i guess or around this month. Now you hit more claims then before but as ur return will always b same on avg so the claim size is small. Anyone who use amps know the fact and it is easy notice on planet side compared to FOMA or HELL.

I agree with Narfi besides lvl requirement they are the same besides the markup and that is mostly due to material availability and success rate at crafting the amps.

If you have the level required for both use the cheapest you can find, is what I would suggest. If you don't have required level for D-Class but do for Level 8 Amps you will have better success using the Level 8 Amp. As a standard rule I always consider the level to use an item 100% as 5 levels over the required level listed.

Why?
60 pros.
Zed
All I can say is LOL

Back