GMT n00b looking for mentor

Bill

Young
Hey there,

I'm completely new to the game, been playing games all my life just mostly not mmo's so i'm hoping to get a mentor, I have tried mmo's before but generally I don't stick with them. This game just seemed unique enough for me to want to try it.
I'm a GMT player but I don't really mind the time zone/location of the possible mentor, it's more a heads up as to my own time zone.

I'll try and do a brief description of the situation as well as what i'd be looking for in a mentor:

*Someone who'd be willing to communicate with a mic over something like skype, I think this would be convenient if possible.

*Fluent English would be handy but not essential. :)

*I'm not afraid to admit that I find this game a bit confusing as well as overwhelming complex, Ideally someone who's willing to be patient and explain things to me. With luck i'll pick up on the games mechanics as I go along.

*I'm not too concerned about how long the sessions/days in the week are, As long as i'm learning about the game i'm happy.

Currently a non-depositer as I want to try and understand this game before financially committing to it. Not sure if i'd ever want to deposit as things currently stand, that may change in the future.
I think i'd like to gravitate towards combat/hunting in the beginning but in the long run I want to learn everything. By everything I mean absolutely everything btw, I'd like to try and learn all I can about what my avatar can do on planet Calypso, learn about the in-game economy (and how to be a part of it) and eventually be flying a ship in space. :cool:

That's pretty much it, if you think you'd like to mentor me or know of someone who you'd like to recommend to me feel free to get touch with me on these forums. Replying to this topic or a PM should be fine. :)

Skype me

Hey there,

I'm completely new to the game, been playing games all my life just mostly not mmo's so i'm hoping to get a mentor, I have tried mmo's before but generally I don't stick with them. This game just seemed unique enough for me to want to try it.
I'm a GMT player but I don't really mind the time zone/location of the possible mentor, it's more a heads up as to my own time zone.

I'll try and do a brief description of the situation as well as what i'd be looking for in a mentor:

*Someone who'd be willing to communicate with a mic over something like skype, I think this would be convenient if possible.

*Fluent English would be handy but not essential. :)

*I'm not afraid to admit that I find this game a bit confusing as well as overwhelming complex, Ideally someone who's willing to be patient and explain things to me. With luck i'll pick up on the games mechanics as I go along.

*I'm not too concerned about how long the sessions/days in the week are, As long as i'm learning about the game i'm happy.

Currently a non-depositer as I want to try and understand this game before financially committing to it. Not sure if i'd ever want to deposit as things currently stand, that may change in the future.
I think i'd like to gravitate towards combat/hunting in the beginning but in the long run I want to learn everything. By everything I mean absolutely everything btw, I'd like to try and learn all I can about what my avatar can do on planet Calypso, learn about the in-game economy (and how to be a part of it) and eventually be flying a ship in space. :cool:

That's pretty much it, if you think you'd like to mentor me or know of someone who you'd like to recommend to me feel free to get touch with me on these forums. Replying to this topic or a PM should be fine. :)

Add me to Skype: Dragoneygaming : see my website www.dragoneygaming.com

Contact me as soon as you can to see if we are a fit.

2 people PM'd me, not sure if ye got the messages but I did reply to both of ye.

Another thing i'd like to point out is that ideally (assuming i've a mentor) i'd like to pick one day in the week and play a 2-4 hour session to work towards the whole mentor/disciple goal(s).

Back