Another try: 3D-print of Imperium Spec Lancer

Status
GRATZ! YOU got part of it!!! :) Now does it turn on or is it broken in that it can't be used once? :(

GRATZ! YOU got part of it!!! :) Now does it turn on or is it broken in that it can't be used once? :(

Dunno. I will not go into it. I got a broken product and I will return it for getting a good one.

Call me "Christian". Don't ask why ...

Last edited:
Sad to hear that, i always got nice products from pearl. Hopefully the next one is better.

Last edited:
Dunno. I will not go into it. I got a broken product and I will return it for getting a good one.

Call me "Christian". Don't ask why ...

Yeah, I saw that you did try it after I posted..sucks that you got it going...it was working..loooking great! and! damn it! NO!!!!! :)

The suspense is killer!

Hope you get your replacement unit soon.

:computer:

Well, telephone call yesterday with PEARL support:
I need a pick up service. No problem, but will take 2 or 3 working days. That means middle of next week + 12-15 days ... :(

Saturday I shipped the printer back to PEARL. I hope they will send a substitute soon. I have so many ideas what to do meanwhile. First project will not be to print an Atrox but make a set of 12 WoF 2012 Champion cups for me and my mates from Team DACH. I asked J Boy already in the past if I am allowed to use his design. If everything goes well I can make 2 more. 1 for J Boy and 1 for Hurrikane ;)

BACK!

Well this took some time! Finally I got my printer back last Saturday. After that I had a week with several ups and downs. Two days ago I was ready to send it back to PEARL. Meanwhile I've learned a lot about modelling and 3D-printing during this week!

First of all - I got it:

progress432a.jpg

But don't ask me about the stony path to reach this. Here is a picture from what happened:

progress432b.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want to tell the full story. I will focus on a few models. Have a look:

My beloved Atrox :ahh:

progress432c.jpg

And a dream of mine ... to bring J Boy's WoF Cup to RL:

progress432d.jpg

Both models are to small. I will scale them up a bit and make better prints this weekend.

Let me show you how the printer works. You may choose - if you want - support material. The printer can do some limited "air-printing" But the wings of my model are way out of this limits. First the printer makes a raft:

progress432e.jpg

That's good for releasing the print later from the base plate. Than the printing process starts. Good to see: the support structures:

progress432f.jpg

Finally this morning I got the first complete print of the Lancer:

progress432g.jpg

progress432h.jpg

progress432i.jpg

Unfortunately I was a bit late and had to rush to work. Back home I started to free the model from all the support material:

progress432k.jpg

And voilà - here it is :cool::

progress432j.jpg

Standard compare picture with a cigarette box:

progress432l.jpg

Last edited:
The print was the first part. There is still work to do. Have a look at the lower side:

progress432m.jpg

All the remaining rests of the support structures! And I've killed some small parts already during the process. One small wing under the right cannon and a small bail under the ring of the propeller. Some parts should be printed seperately - like the steering unit - and glued later to the model. But I don't really know what glue is good for ABS material. Next is colouring ***roll eyes. I am afraid I will need some grounding. Probably I can use all my old Revell materials. Let's see.

P.S. Well, during the last weeks I didn't deposit much money to MA because I want to save some to pay for the 800 Euro-printer. This way I saved 250 Euro so far. It's not bad compared to 800 Euro, isn't it? I will continue with it later. For now I will go hunt a bit. I deserve a small reward :)

Last edited:
GREAT work!! Thanks for the update!!

Loving the pics and what u did

Awesome work, thank You for the update with Pics! Cool stuff :wtg:

Looking good!

:cool:

Looking good!

:cool:

Not really ... the print is too rough for a good model. Some parts were too small to survive the unpacking process.
It is still unpainted ... dunno if it will ever work ....

At least it seems I am the only one who can make RL models of that little universe items ;)

I am waiting for next Tuesday ... hopefully they will release Monria ...

Last edited:
Not really ... the print is too rough for a good model. Some parts were too small to survive the unpacking process.
It is still unpainted ... dunno if it will ever work ....

Well, remember it was only your first real try here...so give it time and we know you will make a killer model! keep it up!!

I would recommend a visit to a warhammer store, both for paint and advice.

Damn nice work for a first try. I'm sure it will get better.

Well, it seems Ulla got a perma ban. She went to EntropiaPlanets already and will never come back to PCF even if her ban will be taken away. She is really pissed off. Just fyi ... we talk about the person who made the Monria apartments ;) The swimming pools were my idea, but Ulla made the 3D model. Have a look at this:
http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/apartments-with-swimming-pools-on-monria.10722/#post-64384

I think it's good to ban such folks from PCF. Kill the creatives! At least MA accepted her models. So ban MA as well!

Ulla will post the ongoing of this 3D printing issue at EntropiaPlanets later. No news atm because we both were busy like hell making Cthulhu 5J as cozy as possible ;)

Me too will leave this forum. Greetings to all creative folks. Spit to all that small minds. Have fun here at PCF

Last edited:
Serica, the best way to keep PCF clean would be to delete this thread. Same as you did with my thread ...

Why would Jamira be banned?!? Is this a sign that we should all cash out and run?

things going crazy :wise:

Why would Jamira be banned?!? Is this a sign that we should all cash out and run?

Banned for speaking out against Serica. And unless you've got interest in the forum itself... there's no need to consider "cashing out".

Shame that PCF has gone to the crappers.... I understand the whole "Cops stick up for cops no matter what" mentality but even police forces have to reprimand officers for abuse of power and police brutality.... Guess 711 just don't get that.

Menace

anyways................
about the 3d model. wow I had no knowledge of a printer like that till now lol thanks for sharing pics.
curious what type of material it uses and is it expensive?
is it easier to use ur method than using Pepakura to make rl 3d things?

anyways................
about the 3d model. wow I had no knowledge of a printer like that till now lol thanks for sharing pics.
curious what type of material it uses and is it expensive?
is it easier to use ur method than using Pepakura to make rl 3d things?

Yeah them printers are pretty crazy. I'd love to have one to play with!

Unfortunately.... you're asking a question to someone who's banned and cannot respond. Maybe head over to Entropia Planets and ask there. Jamira seems quite experienced in 3D modeling....

Menace

Last edited:
Status
Back