Fast Trade

byubi

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
uzumaki byubi naruto
splash.jpg

This Thread is a continuation of this one.

Hello, Fast Trade is a program that can scan materials from a trade window, and then calculate the values/total according to your own markups.

Fast Trade was developed to help traders… All you have to do is press the Scan button... and let the program do the math, no more spreadsheets, no more calculators, and no more lines in Twin Peaks;). For now, Fast Trade can save time for both buyers and sellers, and in the future it will log your trades and give you stats/reports.

Follow this link to download Fast Trade and for a more detailed description :

List of materials: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fast-trade/material-list/

Impressions/suggestions/critics/questions are very welcome. If you like Fast Trade and find it useful, please reply with a little “Thank you” post. It took a lot of time and hard work to make it… so please, post a tiny little quick replay so I know my time was well spent, and that my work is appreciated. Also, I wanna thank 711 for hosting my database for free:thumbup:.

Fast Trade is free for everyone to use. Donations, bumps and +reps are very appreciated ;)

IMPORTANT:
  • Never download Fast Trade from an unknown source.
  • By downloading this program, you agree that it sends information to my server, nothing that violates you privacy though... The only thing Fast Trade sends is information about the way material names are displayed in your trade window. This allows me to improve Fast trade's scanning ability.
  • You can report bugs by posting here, PMing me, or by mail.
  • If the bug is related to the scanning feature, please take a screen shot in BMP or PNG format and email it to me at : fast_trade@hotmail.com
  • If you wanna do some more reading about Fast Trade you can refer to the old thread.

HOW TO INSTALL:
  1. You need to have Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) installed on your machine, it’s free and can be downloaded from Here.
  2. Download the .rar file for the link above, then extract.
  3. Open "run Fast Trade.bat" or "Fast Trade.jar" to start Fast Trade.
HOW TO USE:

WHAT'S NEW:
Code:
[I][B][URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?250952-Fast-Trade&p=3205531&viewfull=1#post3205531"]v3.7.1[/URL] - 20/12/2013[/B][/I]
[LIST]
[*]Fixed number reading problem
[/LIST]
[I][B][URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?250952-Fast-Trade&p=3202874&viewfull=1#post3202874"]v3.7.0[/URL] - 15/12/2013[/B][/I]
[LIST]
[*]Updated for VU 14.4 (font change)
[/LIST]

[I][B][URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?250952-Fast-Trade&p=3149584&viewfull=1#post3149584"]v3.6.0[/URL] - 3/8/2013[/B][/I]
[LIST]
[*]When scanning, Fast Trade will blink to avoid covering the trade window.
[*]Unlimited number of models (better scanning, and more flexible database update).
[*]Added a splash screen.
[*]Dynamic notification dialog.
[/LIST]

[I][B][URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?148712-Fast-Trade-a-time-saving-tool-to-scan-recourses-from-ingame-trade-window&p=2675947&viewfull=1#post2675947"]v3.5.0[/URL] - 12/02/2011[/B][/I]
[LIST]
[*]New GUI.
[*]Added "Last update" column.
[*]New option: Use MU edited from trade panel for the current trade only
[*]New feature , Snap and send.
[*]New search/filter options in edit panel.
[*]Added "Planet" column.
[*]Faster launching time.
[/LIST]
[I][B]

[B][URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?148712-Fast-Trade-a-time-saving-tool-to-scan-recourses-from-ingame-trade-window&p=2615968&viewfull=1#post2615968"]v3.4.0[/URL] - 25/11/2010[/B][/B][/I]
[LIST]
[*]Using a set of models for every material, instead of just one.
[*]Sending data applies to recognized materials as well.
[*]Edited markups are in a different color.
[/LIST]
[I][B][B]

[B][URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?148712-Fast-Trade-a-time-saving-tool-to-scan-recourses-from-ingame-trade-window&p=2610678&viewfull=1#post2610678"]v3.3.0[/URL] - 18/11/2010[/B][/B][/B][/I]
[LIST]
[*]Materials in the trade table are not stacked anymore.
[*]Using stack TT value in stead of quantity.
[*]Check boxes and Text field filters added.
[*]When editing a markup value, the cell's content is automatically selected.
[*]Edit table is now sorted alphabetically.
[*]Materials name drop box is now sorted alphabetically.
[*]Colors added to TTvsTT (red when different, green when the same).
[/LIST]
[I][B][B][B]

[B][URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?148712-Fast-Trade-a-time-saving-tool-to-scan-recourses-from-ingame-trade-window&p=2585258&viewfull=1#post2585258"]v3.2.0[/URL] - 17/10/2010[/B][/B][/B][/B][/I]
[LIST]
[*]Data base redesigned and improved.
[*]Data sent from/to data base are now compressed, this will result in a significant time gain.
[*]Replaced the text field for material name with an auto-complication drop box.
[/LIST]
[I][B][B][B][B]

[B][URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?148712-Fast-Trade-a-time-saving-tool-to-scan-recourses-from-ingame-trade-window&p=2578832&viewfull=1#post2578832"]v3.1.0[/URL] - 07/10/2010[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/I]
[LIST]
[*]From now on Fast Trade will not start if you're not using the latest version.
[*]Fast Trade now gets all the info about materials from an online data base.
[*]Save file redesigned to work with future version. Unfortunately 3.0.0 save file will not work with 3.1.0
[*]Added more materials (paint cans, the new ores/enmatters, oils, wools, hides ...)
[/LIST]
[I][B][B][B][B][B]

[B][URL="https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?148712-Fast-Trade-a-time-saving-tool-to-scan-recourses-from-ingame-trade-window&p=2575748&viewfull=1#post2575748"]v3.0.0[/URL] - 03/10/2010[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/I]
[LIST]
[*]Updated for Crytropia
[/LIST]

Last edited:
Reserved ....

Yay welcome back! :yay:

I noticed that there are only 7 rows scanned. Would it still work if i trade like 20 items at once?

Fast Trade 3.6.0 is now available

What's new:
  • When scanning, Fast Trade will blink to avoid covering the trade window.
  • Unlimited number of models (better scanning, and more flexible database update).
  • Added a splash screen.
  • Dynamic notification dialog.
  • Snap and send feature removed.

The database still needs an update to include the new materials. Please visit this spreadsheet and specify which materials you want added.

Yay welcome back! :yay:
Thanks man, I'm glad to be back
attachment.php

I noticed that there are only 7 rows scanned. Would it still work if i trade like 20 items at once?

Yes it would work, all you have to do is scroll down and press [Scan] again... repeat that until all rows are scanned at least once. Don't worry about scanning the same row over and over again, it will be added only once. The downside is that if you have 2 or more rows with the same material and same TT in the same trade (which doesn't happen often), it will be added only once and you will have to add the duplicated row(s) manually.

You can make sure you didn't miss any rows by looking at the little verification box (at the right of the Total box). If it's green that means: Total TT displayed on the trade window = Total TT of items scanned
If it's red, that means you missed some rows, or you have a ​duplicated row(s) scenario.

Good Job !!!:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

I added 61 new materials (mostly Arkadia), and updated about 180 old ones... enjoy

If you need other mats to be added, all you have to do is ask.

Added a few more requested Arkadia items to the database.

Anyone knows whats the TT of Red Crystal and Mojito Cocktail Mix, they are not in Entropedia.

Brilliant guys at MA decide to change all the fonts... Fast Trade is broken.

Brilliant guys at MA decide to change all the fonts... Fast Trade is broken.
Not first time they did that >_< this really sucks

thanks for the info

will there be a fix ?

will there be a fix and if so whats the time scale befor a new patch is released ?

really good program, helps me every day and couldn't do with out it.

curse you MA.

will there be a fix and if so whats the time scale befor a new patch is released ?

really good program, helps me every day and couldn't do with out it.

curse you MA.
I was just ingame checking out the new changes (tyvm MA :mad: for changing those bad evil fonts) I took some screenies which I'm gonna run some tests on... I'll keep you guys informed.

They didnt just change the font, they changed the position of the text also, that's what's making it take so long to fix the code. "You shift it by one pixel and everyone loses their mind" :p

I finally found the problem, now I can start fixing stuff. Maybe it will be ready later tonight (not a promise)

Thank you for the effort. I don't trade that often anymore , but when I do ... I'm helpless without it !!

Thanks !!

Fast Trade 3.7.0 is now available

What's new:
  • Updated for VU 14.4 (font change)

Since the font changed, FT can't recognize the resources names anymore (all 1167 of them :mad:). So keep scanning your trades, even though FT will recognize almost nothing, that way I'll receive the data I need to update the database (I'll try to do that every few hours).

Your old save file will still work, just copy and replace.

Hello Byubi!

I downloaded the new version. It can not read the numbers and it find nothing at the rows :(

Hello Byubi!

I downloaded the new version. It can not read the numbers and it find nothing at the rows :(

Hi,

I know... it's explained in my previous post. Fast Trade has to learn the resources names all over again. Keep scanning anyways and I'll do my best to update the database as often as possible.

Fast Trade 3.7.1 is now available

What's new:
  • Fixed number reading problem

Hi everyone and best wishes for the new year
attachment.php

Judging form the number of miss-reads I receive everyday, I think it's safe to say that everything is back to normal. Sure we didn't reach 1167 recognizable items as before (only about 1/3 of that at the moment), but it's more than enough to cover the most common resources.

I've added Monria resources as requested. If you want me to add any others just ask.

Hi, There's something that's been bugging me for years and I would like to share it with you... and hopefully someone will give me a good explanation for it.

Let me start from the beginning... as you all know, Fast Trade needs the trade window to be displayed on your screen at the moment of the scan, and it's very important that the text part is no covered. When someone does a scan with the text covered (usually by the Fast Trade window itself) not only the scan will fail, it reports back to me as a new unknown material name. So whenever I try to update the database I have to manually check for those "faulty" reports and delete them one by one. There is 100s of them which makes updating my database a pain in the bottom.

A while back I made Fast Trade window blink (disappear very briefly) at the moment of the scan, to avoid covering the trade window. That reduced the number of faulty reports greatly but didn't make them go away compliantly. After investigating, I found that the tooltip was the problem. What I don't understand is how is that possible? the mouse cursor should be on the scan button at the moment of the scan, how could there be a tooltip on the trade window?

I thought about making Fast Trade move your mouse cursor to the side, but a) I think it will be annoying, b) maybe it will not solve the problem and c) I'm not sure it's allowed #bot :scratch2:

Sorry for the long post... looking forward to your thoughts on this subject.

Hint is from inside EU or it popups fast trade hint in place of eu cursor?

Are all the Resources(Ores & Enmatters) from Calypso getting calculated properly? and hunting loots like Merp Hide, Wools, Hides getting calculated also?

Are all the Resources(Ores & Enmatters) from Calypso getting calculated properly? and hunting loots like Merp Hide, Wools, Hides getting calculated also?

At the moment of posting this (I hope I didnt mess up the numbers :p) :
  • 60% of all the material listed in Fast Trade are recognizable when scanned
  • 85% of ores/enmatters are recognizable
  • 95% of Calypso's ores/enmatters are recognizable

The more rare a mat is the more unlikely it would be scanned. Bear in mind that I am updating the database daily.

There used to be a page where you can see which mats can be scanned, maybe I should put it back up.

The more rare a mat is the more unlikely it would be scanned. Bear in mind that I am updating the database daily.

There used to be a page where you can see which mats can be scanned, maybe I should put it back up.

Yeah, I would like to see the WebPage put up back to see the materials which are compatible with this Tool.

After investigating, I found that the tooltip was the problem. What I don't understand is how is that possible? the mouse cursor should be on the scan button at the moment of the scan, how could there be a tooltip on the trade window?

The tool tip is extremely annoying. It's the major cause of failed scans for me. The problem is that the tool tip in EU keeps showing even when you move the mouse outside the game window. You have to be careful how you drag your mouse off of the trade window or the tooltip will show. I am not sure there's anything we can do about it other than complaining to MA to remove the useless feature.

The tool tip is extremely annoying. It's the major cause of failed scans for me. The problem is that the tool tip in EU keeps showing even when you move the mouse outside the game window. You have to be careful how you drag your mouse off of the trade window or the tooltip will show. I am not sure there's anything we can do about it other than complaining to MA to remove the useless feature.
Thank you for your feedback, that confirms my suspicion. I really doubt MA would bother doing anything about it. I'll try to figure out a work-around.

Yeah, I would like to see the WebPage put up back to see the materials which are compatible with this Tool.
Here you go sir :): https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fast-trade/material-list/

Last edited:
Back