ME items dropping

Perhaps that's the part that was the ultimate intention. :dunno:

I wonder how many headed there and if any of the pirates had some fun. :laugh:

You know I'm joking but I agree with possible intent.

Also ... nice that a dev tech from another PP can let everyone know that the ME items will be removed soon from RT ... thanks Kim. :thumbup:

Kim alerted the balancing team about the issue, and was simply kind enough to report our response here on PCF that the situation would be addressed ASAP, which it has.

All Mentor Edition items inadvertently included in creature/instance loots have been corrected. ME items now can only be acquired through the mentor system, as originally intended. Our apologies for the confusion.

Kim alerted the balancing team about the issue, and was simply kind enough to report our response here on PCF that the situation would be addressed ASAP, which it has.

All Mentor Edition items inadvertently included in creature/instance loots have been corrected. ME items now can only be acquired through the mentor system, as originally intended. Our apologies for the confusion.

Welcome back from holiday! Grab some boots cuz shit has been getting deep while you were gone! :laugh:

Welcome back from holiday! Grab some boots cuz shit has been getting deep while you were gone! :laugh:
I'll also add grab an umbrella modified because now the forum knows he's back, a shit storm of epic proportions is on its way! :D

All Mentor Edition items inadvertently included in creature/instance loots have been corrected. ME items now can only be acquired through the mentor system, as originally intended.

.... when said system works!!!

And that's why I said thank you to Kim ... and now to you too for the update Bjorn.

My apologies if it was taken any other way.

Thank you and welcome back!!

BTW, do you have any eta when the mentoring system will be back online? Do we need to wait for the next update?

Both of these statements from Dave Dobson and Neverdie that was posted by Svarog are correct ...

Not true. The statement posted by David Dobson is incorrect because planet partners have control over which mob drops which item.

The statement by Neverdie is more accurate and correct in my humble opinion.

===================================

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by David | Arkadia
Planet Partners are not in control of the loot.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by NEVERDIE

Once and for all who determines items that drop in RT/NI loot is it MA or NDS (For example if you wanted to add
A-3 punisher MKII to drop from Forum trolls is it you guys or MA who would add this)​

We determine which Mobs drop which items, that is essential for game design, we don't control how or when, so we can't predict when something will drop

===================================

Therefore, I think MA needs to implement a better quality control system and not let these requests slip past without checking - at least that's what it seems like to me if you put 2 and 2 together.

If you put 2 and 2 together what it seems like is these Mentor Edition items are "shared" meaning MindArk have given them to all planet partners to use. We also know MindArk said near start of this year they are looking at more dynamic updates i.e. updates on the fly in real time if I understood it correctly to planets without the need to take the whole game offline.

It could be RT are using that feature to update loot on their planet. In which case it makes it incredibly difficult if not impossible for MindArk to check.

Does that mean all the unlooted ones are changed, or does it mean the ones looted by Jelly and Aia have been changed too?

I'm sure the ME item drops are somehow related to the missing items that are preventing crafting of new weapons and subsequent discoveries of new BPs.

What's even MORE FUCKED UP is that Kim has to read about this here and notify the balancing team. WTF is the balancing team doing if someone else, not responsible for balancing, has to let them know they aren't doing their jobs!?!?

Oh.. here they are hard at work:

Not true. The statement posted by David Dobson is incorrect because planet partners have control over which mob drops which item.

The statement by Neverdie is more accurate and correct in my humble opinion.

If you put 2 and 2 together what it seems like is these Mentor Edition items are "shared" meaning MindArk have given them to all planet partners to use. We also know MindArk said near start of this year they are looking at more dynamic updates i.e. updates on the fly in real time if I understood it correctly to planets without the need to take the whole game offline.

It could be RT are using that feature to update loot on their planet. In which case it makes it incredibly difficult if not impossible for MindArk to check.

David Dobson's statement is absolutely correct ... no PP is in control of the loot ... please give some critical thinking to that statement. Both statements are correct, and if read right, complement each other.

And ... based on your speculating ... we already have enough to deal with that MA and PPs need to focus on, doing updates "on the fly" without checks and balances could make it even more risky and open for error.

I'll just leave it at that.

David Dobson's statement is absolutely correct ...
Not true because to have the ability to assign items to mobs gives planet partners some degree of control over loot. Furthermore if they can assign items it's extremely likely they also assign at the same time the frequency of items to be looted i.e. rare, common etc. Which again gives them some degree of control over loot.

And ... based on your speculating ... we already have enough to deal with that MA and PPs need to focus on, doing updates "on the fly" without checks and balances could make it even more risky and open for error.

I'll just leave it at that.

Yes that is a serious cause for concern since planet partners can't even state a fact correctly or indeed have any scruples or responsibility.

A partnership has to have some element of trust and since these planet partners cannot be trusted over anything their whole right to exist comes under question in my mind.

If this was case why add ME to instance's and not bring back the ul guns that players was able to loot, but have stopped dropping for months now?

Then you're saying ... that even though ND published no Update Notes the last VU on June 26th (nor the one before), he submitted a request to MA to make a change in the loot tables, and it took this long for any action to occur (because of population), which just happens to be the dropping of ME items (in instances?) - and it seems older items at that - oh, and - MA messed up.

Did I get that right?

Really makes me think about who's in control of what, and where the checks and balances are.

Also ... nice that a dev tech from another PP can let everyone know that the ME items will be removed soon from RT ... thanks Kim. :thumbup:

He has not published nots, but has spoken about stuff that has gone through in last VU

Heya, thanks so much for this list... we did catch a couple things here

Blueprints - You Just gotta Discover them, there are even unl weapon ones in there now.... (I have an event we can try once the control component issue is fixed)

Rocktropian T-shirts bps not dropping. - They probably just reached their Max for the population and are being hoarded??

No ul weapon bp's dropping - Not enough crafting..

Entropedia: Material: Vixen Android CPU Memory Unit Modified
Entropedia: Material: Vixen Android Gold Armor Plating
Entropedia: Material: Vixen Android GPS V.D.U
Entropedia: Material: Vixen Android Power Cell Modified
Entropedia: Material: Vixen Android Power Transfer Cable
Entropedia: Material: Vixen Android S-E-X Drive
Entropedia: Material: Vixen Android Visual Optics Unit Modified
Entropedia: Material: Vixen Android Vocal Unit

Natural Materials

Entropedia: Material: Vampire Blood
Entropedia: Material: Vampire Bone
Entropedia: Material: Vampire Plasma
Entropedia: Material: Wolf Fangs
Entropedia: Material: Wolf Fur
Entropedia: Material: Wolf Leather
Entropedia: Material: Wolf Meat
Entropedia: Material: Wolf Paw
Entropedia: Material: Zombie Plasma
Entropedia: Material: Zombie Rotting Flesh

Music Media

Entropedia: Material: Motorhead - Ace of Spades Album
Entropedia: Material: Motorhead - Iron Fist Album
Entropedia: Material: Yellow Cassette
Entropedia: Material: Yellow CD

Wood

Entropedia: Material: Long Board

ALL of the Above Mats are in the ingredients lists for the L Weapon BPS, Which can be discovered if we get alot more weapon crafting going on... That why we need the control components and for the other Grindhouse BPS to be discovered.

Mobs

Mobs disappearing thief's, bank robbers, things etc - We fixed the Bank Robbers and Thieves!

Change mobs back to old danger levels (street kings, sharks) - We tried to do this, I need new analysis from you guys on what the changes did?

Better dealing with support cases - We may see some progress on this V soon!

Baringers not dropping - they are Unl , they dont just drop endlessly, needs a lot more hunting or increase in Playerbase

I cant stand lazy reporters who cant get of their fat arse and do the search, so they they just throw shit around and see what sticks.

Reactions: Lee
Just to be clear and avoid any further speculation or misconceptions from spreading-

The MindArk balancing team has full and exclusive control over the spawn rate of ALL items in Entropia Universe. Planet Partners have no ability whatsoever to spawn items via the creature or instance loot systems; they can only determine which creatures are capable of looting any particular item --either their own planet-specific items, or platform [a.k.a. shared] items that are available to all planet partners--.

He has not published nots, but has spoken about stuff that has gone through in last VU

I cant stand lazy reporters who cant get of their fat arse and do the search, so they they just throw shit around and see what sticks.

There's no need to be rude, civil communication works just fine.

And for the record, not everyone visits the RT forum, which is why I have relied on the PPs to provide the Update Notes, which I then publish at my website in a drop-down menu format at the top of the site entitled "Planet Updates" that is convenient for everyone to access - it's a simple thing, really ... and ND used to post Developer Notes at his website and not at the forum in the beginning, so ...

I suppose we could say then that there might be a bit of laziness elsewhere?

Last edited:
I think Aridash's siggy applies here, "consider a cockup before a conspiracy"

Peoples, ffs get a grip already. Its not like most of you who play this game aren't in touch with technical stuff around you all the time. You have to know things can go wrong and have experienced it for yourself.

We're dealing with humans and systems here. I can tell you from personal experience that companies with considerably more resources than MA have data errors in their systems that have consequences worth considerably more than what is at stake here, but shIT happens, all the time, more than most people ever realize, and would probably be shocked to know about. But that's just the way it goes. That's why there are technical people employed to handle it. There is no perfect people or systems. If you can't deal with the possibility of shIT like this happening, then go do something else where its not going to bother you. Go volunteer at an animal shelter with your free time and pet dogs or something non-technical and just chill the fuck out.

Remember, its not what happens, its what they are going to do about it that's important. Errors happen, typically the users are the ones that find the errors, that's the nature of things, not everything is caught with testing, not everything is caught with the monitoring, not everything is caught with routines and jobs and all the other stuff IT people do to try and prevent that kind of thing but happening to the users. But most know that these things can and do happen, and when it does, the technical staff and business get involved and investigate the problem, find the issue and fix it IF they can. Often times when they find the problem, they write some code to fix it, or prevent it from happening again, or create a new automated or yes even a manual process to follow if it can't be fixed with code. That's just the way it works right now. Until someone comes up with a perfect system and perfect people your going to encounter problems with technology, systems, etc. and those systems are becoming more and more a part of your life, so get a grip and learn to incorporate some tolerance and design in some safety protocols for yourself to deal with the problems that are going to come up or find a way to survive off the grid, and good luck with that. :laugh:

Last edited:
Haha. I don't even have to say anything, it's like I'm in 2010 all over again.

We had mining globals with big TT amount of sweat.
We had top scaners rain too.
Now we have ME items drop.
Weather is fine and ewrything ready for great fun.
An sugestion when will start modfap, mm and imk2 rain drop?
I wud like to be there in time and camp for it.

I can consider returning my rifle if it's bad that I keep it, for me it's not a big thing. Another solution is that the mistakenly dropped items gets renamed to TEN Edition instead of ME edition, or something. I got some mixed feelings, on one had it's been cool to loot something that's uncommon. On the other hand, it's (aswell as the shortblade) is oldschool (no SIB), and at least the rifle isn't among the top weapons nowdays.

I'll just show a comparison between the rifle (well, unamped) and the weapon/mindforce chip I currently was using when looting it:

Someone asked about the tier values, here they are:
82,90,51,57,104, 102,128,71,55,115

Last edited:
Just to be clear and avoid any further speculation or misconceptions from spreading-

The MindArk balancing team has full and exclusive control over the spawn rate of ALL items in Entropia Universe. Planet Partners have no ability whatsoever to spawn items via the creature or instance loot systems; they can only determine which creatures are capable of looting any particular item --either their own planet-specific items, or platform [a.k.a. shared] items that are available to all planet partners--.

That I know....but we have some issue here...newbies that join on a planet like Next Island with no Economy .... Also RT is struggle alot since it seems we need some "vinyls"(I hope they will come in October)...Cyrene also struggle but on the right foot.....Is good to have a sworth of Economy on all planets like on Arkadia...

Btw newbies don't recieve they're gift wich is more important then ME item,we got used with hunter ME parts :D

aia, you looted it fair and square it's not your problem it's PP and/or MA's fault.

I don't think newbies can start on NI anymore.

They do (I'm currently there). Most of the starting quests are broken though, no free starting gear anymore, etc. Just today a completely lost newbie was crying for a ride somewhere, anywhere. Luckily some departing guy took him along.

They do (I'm currently there). Most of the starting quests are broken though, no free starting gear anymore, etc. Just today a completely lost newbie was crying for a ride somewhere, anywhere. Luckily some departing guy took him along.

That's a shame. Post should really take that site down if he's going to operate like this. Let players start on supported worlds only. :-(

That's a shame. Post should really take that site down if he's going to operate like this. Let players start on supported worlds only. :-(

It will be a shame to loose something like Ancient Greece...is the only place left were you can go and have the tps on foot/swimming...old time TP runs :D

I had a socmate who failed to get the "free gear" also. By then I thought it was just some kind of bug, or something like you had to talk to "npc 1", then "npc 2" Before you were expected to go to npc 3 and get your Equipment.

Back