Restarting

Gibberwocky

Hi;
This question may already be answered elsewhere; I just haven't looked far enough yet.
But. Is there a way to restart my character/avatar? First time through, I learned a lot of "don't do this" stuff that has unfortunately left me kind of screwed :)ahh:), and I would like to take advantage of what I've learned.

Make a ticket ("Y" > Support Center) to delete your current avatar.

Make a new one.

PS: All your PED and items will be lost, your entire account will be deleted.

Last edited:
What have you done that would require starting an entirely new avatar? :scratch2:

There's nothing you can do to become screwed, except blatantly use exploits and scam/steal from others.

I suppose "screwed" is relative.
I like to start a game like this with a "throwaway" character to learn how the game works, then start again using what I've learned. Unfortunately this tends to put the first character in an untenable position, due to the stupid things I do from not knowing how the game works.

TO me it sounds like you have done something, gotten a bad reputation and now you want to restart.

Unless you are mistaking this game for something like WOW.

This game you can stay with one avatar and choice multiply paths and do not have to start another account.

You can do everything you need from one account

# Myenglishrockstoday :D

I haven't been playing long enough to get any reputation, good or bad. This is just my style of play; it's how I learn a game.

I haven't been playing long enough to get any reputation, good or bad. This is just my style of play; it's how I learn a game.

Well you said that what you did has "unfortunately left me kind of screwed", though that's not really possible in this game as it is in other games (there are no classes, skill trees, races, etc)... So should be fine then, yes? :)

Hi;
This question may already be answered elsewhere; I just haven't looked far enough yet.
But. Is there a way to restart my character/avatar? First time through, I learned a lot of "don't do this" stuff that has unfortunately left me kind of screwed :)ahh:), and I would like to take advantage of what I've learned.

I suppose "screwed" is relative.
I like to start a game like this with a "throwaway" character to learn how the game works, then start again using what I've learned. Unfortunately this tends to put the first character in an untenable position, due to the stupid things I do from not knowing how the game works.

Well, I get what you are saying but like any other game, this really isn't a game you would want to restart since most all in game is RL money and you would be throwing a lot of it away starting your avatar over again. Remember all items in game have a RL value including your skills. So if you restart your avatar then you will need to spend extra RL money to bring your new avatar back up to the current lvl you are at now.

GL

I'm with the camp that says "No need to restart"

You're really not losing anything by having some extra skills. Even with chipping in, it does not actually affect your avatar's ability to loot in any way. You'll hear a bunch of crazy theories from people about how avatars work in EU. Those theories are superstitious nonsense, mostly.

Here's how they work:

You log in.
You gain skills.
You can sell skills you have gained.
You can use those skills to expand the pool of items you have at your disposal to work with efficiently.

That's really it. No mystery.

Now, if you want to change your name and that's what this is about, I think people have done it in the past. I mean, how else would you come up with a crazy name like "General of the sidxx Forsaken Fallen" :girl:

The only reason I could see to restart would be to change your avatars gender.

I'm with the camp that says "No need to restart"

(snip) The only reason I could see to restart would be to change your avatars gender.

Or to start at a different planet, which can be faster than hitchhiking to a different one when you have nearly no posessions and skills. :cool:

Any avatar with more than 10 hours played, I'd rather wait for a ride, if that is the case.

The only reason I could see to restart would be to change your avatars gender.

:duh: It's actually an extremely good reason to restart! The amounts saved on female armor compared to male armor will more than makeup for any losses from dumping a male avatar that's only a few weeks old.

:duh: It's actually an extremely good reason to restart! The amounts saved on female armor compared to male armor will more than makeup for any losses from dumping a male avatar that's only a few weeks old.

Sure. But your costs for underwear skyrocket. And then there's the make up, the fad diets, morning pilates, girls night out....

But yeah, the armor is cheaper. :beerchug:

Now, if you want to change your name and that's what this is about, I think people have done it in the past. I mean, how else would you come up with a crazy name like "General of the sidxx Forsaken Fallen" :girl:

Nope, they won't do that :(:dunce::(

Or just put in a support case and ask for a name change?

Hi;

There is no reason to restart. Anything you've lost, is gone anyway, and by restarting, you lose the bit you got in return as well. Unless of course you've been behaving like a prick, and people don't trust you anymore. Then you don't deserve to restart. Just regain some positive rep by bettering your ways.

Back