Medical Tool - Effective Heal calculation 75% ?

Pearwood

Old
Society
Lost Renegades
Denbrey Deebo Pearwood
I have been writing up a basic medical tool eco guide here, http://lostrenegades.net/index.php?title=Eco_-_Heal_Tool.

I have also been loking at the MEdical Tool Discussion pages on entropiawiki.com here, http://www.entropiawiki.com/Page.aspx?page=ChartTalk%3aFAP

Looking at Vivo T1 on Entropedia http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=FAP&id=38

The value 7.7 as stated on the tool info and which is reported when I make a minimum heal with this tool, gives a mean average of 9.00. Entropedia calculates 9.01. I considered that this may be some kind of floating point anomaly. I then considered more likely a different calculation is being used. Sure enough, Entropedia uses a 75%-100% calculation giving a minimum heal value of 7.725. I take the point of using the mean average of the tools percentage of intervals, but 7.7 is to two decimal places 74.76% of 10.3, not 75.00%

Note[I am currently disregarding the prof levels as the item/ava is assumed maxed. (and where does that 4.17 value arrive from?)]

I do not doubt that the Entropedia formulas are right, but with the difference of my basic figures to the figures on Entropedia chart I would like to ask about the accuracy of using the 75% method.
Is this a rounding matter?
Has this been tested/proven?
Are there postings I have overlooked somewhere?

7.7+10.3 = 18
18/2 = 9
average heal is 9, the rest is rounding (errors)

Hi Paul,

Glad to know I am not dealing with some advanced method of calculating averages that I am unaware of :D;

! For the sake of continuing the discussion, I take your comment as the prevailing view. !

Well, there is not really an error is there, if you are looking for the average it is incorrect to use percentages. 87.5% of 10.3 is not the same as the (7.7 + 10.3) / 2. That is, 9.0125 does not equal 9.000. I think the discrepancy must be objective based.

Entropedia's objective, I would surmise then, is to provide a comparison of all (Medical) Tools for an avatar based on their professional rankings, and/or skill points, rather than inform about the comparison of the current actual values of an avatars heal intervals?

This would say that the decision to calculate based on percentage with the margin of error this gives is acceptable for the purpose of making these kind of large comparisons where the profession weighting is more important.

:wise: Therefore, I see the Entropedia charts are suited to an avatar looking to chip in/out rather than an avatar attempting to determine which item is currently more eco to use. Alongside being a general overview, of course. Practically, this would be determining when to switch between two items which an avatar is currently carrying. Calculating this using the profession levels charts would be useful for gauging which two items, while for the actual switch an avatar must strip back down to the mean average by info stat way.

Does this then constitute the argument for including a mean average of maxed interval column, based on start and end interval by item info, discluding profession calculations, for those who would like to know their current actual values?

Please comment.

Last edited:
Back