Event Creation Payment System

Meculus

Elite
Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro
As of today we have updated the event creation system on EntropiaLife.com to charge a fee to the creator of the event.

Event participants will not be charged by Entropia Life to join events.

How it works:

After you click the "Create Event" button you will be presented with the option of inputting your banners, text, event type (mining or hunting) and selecting the time period your event will run for. You will then click "Proceed" and be prompted with a screen identifying the cost of creation for this event.

The cost of event creation is calculated based on the length of the event down to the second. The fee for event creation is 10 PED Per 24 hour period. If you have sufficient Credits on your Entropia Life account they will be deducted once you click "Pay and Proceed".

You will then be taken to the land area selection page followed by the mob and event rule selection page. We have added an intelli-mob function that automatically recognizes which mobs are know to be on the land areas you've selected for your convenience.

Example:
12 hour event = 5 ped creation cost
7 day event = 70 ped creation cost

Gift Credits will not work for this system. To purchase Credits please visit the "Shop" section on EntropiaLife.com for locations in game where you may purchase credits, or to deposit via PayPal.

If you are creating an event that is not on a taxed area, is free to join, and is intended solely for the entertainment of the community please contact me directly on Entropia Life and we can discuss the possibility of avoiding the payment system.

Last edited:
What about ongoing events that last an extended period such as weeks, months, or years? 10/ped per day can add up fast and it starts to become cost prohibitive to do it through the tracker.

What about ongoing events that last an extended period such as weeks, months, or years? 10/ped per day can add up fast and it starts to become cost prohibitive to do it through the tracker.

A land owner should be able to justify a humble price of 10 peds per day to utilize the EL event system in an effort to increase their revenue. This is significantly less expensive than in game systems and allows people of all time zones to compete on the same field unlike the in game systems. We would hope that individuals utilizing the systems available on Entropia Life to increase their revenue would support this small fee for all the work that our team puts in.

As I stated in the OP, if an event is not intended for profit then we will gladly review its eligibility to bypass the payment system.

Many hours go into the development and maintinance of EntropiaLife.com and 99% of what is available on our website is absolutely free. The tools we have available for others to profit from we feel are a fair revenue source to help sustain the website and reward all of those that spend their valuable time assisting in the development and maintenance of entropia life, and we hope the community understands and supports our position on this.

I completely agree... EL needs to be monetized and generate revenue. With that said, the in-game event system is certainly less than ideal to say the least which is the whole reason why there is room for ET to do it.

For shorter time frame events 10 ped/day is very reasonable. When you start talking long term multi-month or even year long events, that's where it can in some cases start to be cost prohibitive especially for events designed to generate net profit. The target market here obviously is land area owners who want to increase revenue on their land area.

So with the goal being to generate revenue for the tracker, maybe some kind of pricing structure that caters toward both the long term and short term events would end up generating even more total revenue for the website?

My proposal

Day = 10 ped
Week = 65 ped
Month = 230 PED
Year = 2000 PED

By simply having and advertising that structure, it will encourage more paying customers to opt for the long term events. Just seeing the option will put the idea in their head from the onset.

I completely agree... EL needs to be monetized and generate revenue. With that said, the in-game event system is certainly less than ideal to say the least which is the whole reason why there is room for ET to do it.

For shorter time frame events 10 ped/day is very reasonable. When you start talking long term multi-month or even year long events, that's where it can in some cases start to be cost prohibitive especially for events designed to generate net profit. The target market here obviously is land area owners who want to increase revenue on their land area.

So with the goal being to generate revenue for the tracker, maybe some kind of pricing structure that caters toward both the long term and short term events would end up generating even more total revenue for the website?

My proposal

Day = 10 ped
Week = 65 ped
Month = 230 PED
Year = 2000 PED

By simply having and advertising that structure, it will encourage more paying customers to opt for the long term events. Just seeing the option will put the idea in their head from the onset.

I think thats a well thought out assessment of the situation and will definitely discuss it with the team, I appreciate you taking the time to put your thoughts in on the subject.

I think thats a well thought out assessment of the situation and will definitely discuss it with the team, I appreciate you taking the time to put your thoughts in on the subject.

Ah, that is very encouraging, thank you Meculus.

In my Support ticket I've sent out, I ment to ask the same thing, but Hardwrath have put it much better than I have xD.

For September I will honor your original payment system :).

Thanks for the excellent services!

p.s. if we can choose to enter different amounts in the payment system that would be awesome!! Say if I wish to pay $100 ;)

10 ped=1 day
50 ped=1 week
150 peds=1 month
1500=1 year

this sounds more reasonable.

Angel,

I do like the discounted amount for a structured period.

Having the community support is very important to us. Sustaining the website, server, support team and making detailed information available while we put many hours into making the event system even better is a common goal of the entire dev team. Any ideas anyone has to help us improve the service are always welcomed!

Happy Hunting!

Salty~

10 ped/ day????

Your service is useful but not essential.
This is why I will never use with this tax system.
Landowners can use an old system with screenshots.
Your problem is that you think every landowners get lot of ped.
Its wrong.
For a monthly event i prefer give 300 ped to a player than you.

And why only land owners must pay?

10 ped/ day????

Your service is useful but not essential.
This is why I will never use with this tax system.
Landowners can use an old system with screenshots.
Your problem is that you think every landowners get lot of ped.
Its wrong.
For a monthly event i prefer give 300 ped to a player than you.

And why only land owners must pay?

Thought I will comment on this with my opinion. The reason i think it makes sense for LA owners to pay is that the event is geared to make profit for the LA owners and not anyone else. So any tool which facilitates the process , should be rightfully paid by the owner.

The other point about screenies is that it is a major inconvenience to the players and not really a recommended method for hosting an event.

I completely agree that features such as events should be paid for in compensation for the costs associated with running EL including effort. However the pricing, I think it is too steep for long term events with the present structure and unless changed will force us LA owners to look at alternatives for the purpose.

Cheers,

Divinity

10 ped a day for LA owners with not that large income is too much. And the owners will not continue to create events. Thats my opinion. Only the big owners such as BIG industries will be ok with the new fee system.

And what are the extra features for LA owners, till now nothing or you have to pay also.

Like you said some events are made to profit, but what is going on now on EL is also for making profit:scratch2:

Think people will go back to the screens i think.

Only the big owners such as BIG industries will be ok with the new fee system.

BIG co-owns EntropiaLife along with starfinder so its free for them ;)

I'm a bit curious what happens to events that was created Before this; events that are supposed to run "forever" or until a top prize (I recall an event with a mod merc) has been reached. Will those events be allowed to go on?

I Think there is an event running currently where the end price is a mod merc, or somehing like that, and practically the event will (or was supposed to) be running until someone gets there.

Why not an annual fee for example of 100 ped for everyone who uses the tracker. And for LA 500 ped a year.

All the features must be free then.

This way EL will get the income they need.

We are currently looking into the pricing structure as Blast also said.
We are thinking about a 0.1% discount per day (after 10 days), maxing out at 30% discount.

It is clear that its though to ask "our customers" what they want to pay for our product.. If Ferrari were to ask me "what do you want to pay for our car" .. id say 4K USD ...

The fact of the matter is that we believe that a product we have designed to ease the income-potential of a landarea should be paied for. This much I think we can all agree on.

The second part is then, what should it cost.
To be honest, if your events (on EntropiaLife) is not generating an added income that can justify a 10 PED/day - I do not think you are maximizing the potential of the landarea.

Perhaps you should turn the look towards the general management of the Landarea instead? BIG's events are generating more than 10 PED added income per day. BIG has put a lot of efford into making a whole "brand" - instead of buying a landarea, putting some DNA on it.. and then hosting events where you can win 200 PED.

Im not saying this to "tell you how to run your landareas" .. but fact of the matter is that BIG, with the same tools you have available (both ingame and on EntropiaLife) has made a brand where paying 10 PED/day to utilize the features of the event system on Entropia Life (so they dont have to spend hours looking at screenshots/global lists on EntropiaLife) makes a lot of sense.

I do also agree that this payment system is not for everyone. If you bought your landarea with the intention of "earning a quick buck without putting in any effort managing your landarea" .. This system is likely not for you.

If you however design your landarea (DNA) and events to a market that is yet to be fully utilized, you will potentially earn a lot of money. This means that a lot of people are on your landarea, which also means that counting globals manually/screenshots is an enormous task. In this case, payment makes sense.

And to sum it all up - we are still looking at a payment plan that makes sense for a large portion of the LA owners.

:)

In addition to the tiered discount system, we are also discussing a "Premium Land Manager Account" option, this will most likely be an annual subscription fee. This account would allow you to have 1 event in the system at all times, can be 365 1 day events or 1 365 day event etc. , additionally this account would give you full viewability on all LA related upgrades on EL, and advertising credits to use for either the banner system or text advertisement system.

Edit: with an upgrade option for unlimited events

Last edited:
@Starfinder

We do not have all the chance and the money to buy the best DNA.

Because it is the DNA that determine the success of a land.
And of course the best are rare and expensive.
I am looking for ambulimax thigh bone since 1 year.
I havent found it yet.

It's easy to give lessons to others when you have the best DNA of the game.

How advertisment works? If u wont put, some1 will and u lose proffit. Big investors will proffit more, small ones will get destroyed.

How advertisment works? If u wont put, some1 will and u lose proffit. Big investors will proffit more, small ones will get destroyed.

The advertisement systems on EntropiaLife are actually very affordable and easy to manage. The maximum price for a banner that will be seen by all 20,000 users on EntropiaLife.com is 50 peds per week (nearing 3,000 unique viewers per day internally, meaning they have an account).

Advertisements within EL are significantly less expensive than typical web ads, and are targeted specifically at only people within EU. You can adjust the target audience of your ads as well, by selecting mobs from the menu, this will only target people that global on those mobs, so you're able to pay less if you just want to advertise to beginners (select argonaut, daikiba etc.) or just to high level players (eomon, malcruenter etc.) You can even track how many views on your advertisement as well as click throughs, which is then broken down to show you.

If you put 100 ads in the system, sure your ad will show more often, the same way it does through the in game banners, however with the traffic on Entropia Life, we think the value you get for your advertisements is extremely reasonable to the user.

BIG co-owns EntropiaLife along with starfinder so its free for them ;)

They are actually ran separately and BIG being separate pays fees just like any other LA owner. If big did not pay the fees we would not be able to keep the servers or the support team going, let alone the amount of time (most of it all volunteer that our support team puts into making a great service free for everyone. Yes BIG has a vested interest in entropialife.com but more so because it is a great tool that helps make our events successful and easy for the community to follow. :wise: How many people want to do screenshots or manually track every global on an event that runs days, weeks, or even months? Right now there is so much time and energy being put into making the event system even better that all land area owners will be super pleased with the product that we will constantly be working on to improve.

Remember no one has to pay anything and getting the support from land area owners that should be able to turn profit by using our programs and site is definitely a benefit to the community. If in the end you have to pay 75 cents a day to run the events for a month I would be very disappointed if you couldn't earn enough through promotion to effectively make taxes off your land area. There is the in game event system but you are going to pay a couple hundred ped ($20 usd) to run that event for a couple hours.

Bottom Line is if we put hours of time every week for support cases and a couple hundred hours a year into improving the event system and the flow of information so you can effectively make smart business decisions, than what is that worth to the platforms land owners? Do you want these features available? Obviously there is no easy answer and as a society/community we wish everything was free, sadly it is not. We really are looking for your input and we want something fair for everyone with out stepping on toes because we truly value your opinions, we wont make everyone happy ever (because if we could we would be doing something else for sure) But we will certainly put our best effort forth!

Rock on everyone~

Salty

@Starfinder

We do not have all the chance and the money to buy the best DNA.

Because it is the DNA that determine the success of a land.
And of course the best are rare and expensive.
I am looking for ambulimax thigh bone since 1 year.
I havent found it yet.

It's easy to give lessons to others when you have the best DNA of the game.

See, my question would be.. why do you want ambul DNA.. there's already a LA for that... Its "just going with the flow" to get the DNA's thats already out there... Which segment is players is not catered to atm.. mid level teams? ... How about a 2000-2500 hp mob with 75-100 dmg .. for mid level teams?

Now, im not a landarea owner.. so I do not spend a lot of time studying what is not currently "filled out" on the market.. but im sure you are franticly studing every landarea out there.. which DNA they have.. who hunts on the LA's ... And then comming up with a strategy to cater to a yet "untapped" market...

Instead of just "buying Ambul DNA - because Nea's seemed to do nice some time ago" ...

@ starfinder

Why i want an ambu dna?
Because my land have 1 ambu dna and i want a second.
Players like a land with a big population and the same dna type.

Many theories does not replace practice.
Don't talk about what you don't know.

Your price for the event creation system is too high!
A bundle with all land owners services (event system, Ads banner, LA info) is the best way.
It's more interesting for every land owners.
But with a fair price.

wait and see.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should turn the look towards the general management of the Landarea instead? BIG's events are generating more than 10 PED added income per day. BIG has put a lot of efford into making a whole "brand" - instead of buying a landarea, putting some DNA on it.. and then hosting events where you can win 200 PED.

BIG's industry is a group of investors, who got enough money to buy the rarest DNA and good land areas, having an exclusivity, making enough money every months to keep investing and holding such nice events, but everyone can't do that, there are "small" land owners who can't invest that much.
Yes, there are several lands with the same mobs, but there are not many DNA available ingame and when there is a new one, only the guys who have a bunch of money to spend will buy them, hence the price will be expensive and "small" land owners will have no chance.

I'm not a land owner but I believe I can give my opinion who would be fair to everyone, ask a % of the profit made by the land owner using your event system. Lands which generate a high income will pay you more, lands which generate a low income will pay you less and won't go bankrupt.

But then I don't know the purpose of your event system, is it to make money or to be available to every land owners.

The sad part for me about the tracker, is that I paid to be a "premium" member when it was launched, and I lost my privileges little by little, by wanting to make too much money, you will lose "customers"

Last edited:
Sheryo-

We are currently working on refining the system to be more flexible, to answer your question, the event system is used for both fun and profit, if an event is hosted to increase profits, then the service and all the work thats gone into it that allows that to happen should profit too no? If the event is not for profit, then as i stated in the OP, it may be allowed to bypass the event system fees.

We do not aim to make the system unusable, and 10 ped per day, if an event allows your land to generate an extra 20, 30 or 500 ped a day isn't such a bad deal. As a landowner i know this personally, as the event promoter with the longest resume I can vouch for this as well, I've run events on nearly half the LA's that exist on calypso, and the fee we ask in no way consumes a large portion of the profit increases from a well planned event even if its a small LA owner.

Will keep this thread updated once the tier system for pricing is finished.

<< removed >>

Last edited:
Sheryo-

We are currently working on refining the system to be more flexible, to answer your question, the event system is used for both fun and profit, if an event is hosted to increase profits, then the service and all the work thats gone into it that allows that to happen should profit too no? If the event is not for profit, then as i stated in the OP, it may be allowed to bypass the event system fees.

We do not aim to make the system unusable, and 10 ped per day, if an event allows your land to generate an extra 20, 30 or 500 ped a day isn't such a bad deal. As a landowner i know this personally, as the event promoter with the longest resume I can vouch for this as well, I've run events on nearly half the LA's that exist on calypso, and the fee we ask in no way consumes a large portion of the profit increases from a well planned event even if its a small LA owner.

Will keep this thread updated once the tier system for pricing is finished.

I completly agree that if a land owner makes more money because he uses EL he should give a % to EL, but as you know some LAs barely profit or are even a money waster, some of them were using EL to have a small boost in income. When you do an event every month and the winner gets for example 1K ped, two or three events a week with a prize of 300 peds, plus the cost of fertilizer, lands such as atrax, longu and some others might end up giving all their recevied taxes or even losing peds, if you add 300 peds on top of that, I understand it won't please some land owners. (And in my opinion, if you give more than you receive, there is a problem ;)) That's why a % of profit would be fair imho.

I completly agree that if a land owner makes more money because he uses EL he should give a % to EL, but as you know some LAs barely profit or are even a money waster, some of them were using EL to have a small boost in income. When you do an event every month and the winner gets for example 1K ped, two or three events a week with a prize of 300 peds, plus the cost of fertilizer, lands such as atrax, longu and some others might end up giving all their recevied taxes or even losing peds, if you add 300 peds on top of that, I understand it won't please some land owners. (And in my opinion, if you give more than you receive, there is a problem ;)) That's why a % of profit would be fair imho.

You have fair point m8, and as we continue to review what adjustments should be made to the payment system we appreciate this kind of input. Rest assured we will do our best to adapt the system the best way we can with all things considered.

Meculus:

Result of my event in August:

Prize: -1000 PED
Fertilizer: -525 PED
Ads ingame: -45 PED
Total cost= -1570 PED
Total income= +1970,60 PED

Total profit= +400.60 PED

If i had to pay 310 ped (31 days) for the creation of the event it will stay me 90.60 PED.

Now, you know why i'm very angry!

An event is a gamble. You can win and you can lose.
You want that landowners share profits with you.
If an event make losses, do you want share too?

Last edited:
Meculus:

Result of my event in August:

Prize: -1000 PED
Fertilizer: -525 PED
Ads ingame: -45 PED
Total cost= -1570 PED
Total income= +1970,60 PED

Total profit= +400.60 PED

If i had to pay 300 ped for the creation of the event it will stay me 100.60 PED.

Now, you know why i'm very angry!

An event is a gamble. You can win and you can lose.
You want that landowners share profits with you.
If an event make losses, do you want share too?

Consider this: supposing you used EL's services and got at least 10% more participation in your event, from your total income you will of already gained an extra 197 ped this is still -103 ped, putting you at +279 total profit. 20% would be 394 ped, and there your cost owed to EL would already be covered, with +94 extra ped to boot! This puts you at +494 ped.

The thing about EL is that SO MANY EYES see it every single day. I visit it frequently, probably 20x more than I look at the in-game event registry. IMO its more than worth it for the extra exposure. Just my two PECS. :cool:

SpeedMetalVai

I used EL's service for my event in August.

Back