Event Creation Payment System

SpeedMetalVai

I used EL's service for my event in August.

Since that is the case, I would be curious to see how much of the event participation actually stemmed from the use of EL's services. I see that you spent 45 ped on in-game ads, but those are yet another thing I don't take my time to look at, although I can't speak for everyone. How would you have fared had you NOT used EL?:confused:

I used EL's event system.

For ads, I use Ads ingame and Forums.

Please don't troll this thread.
I talk to meculus and EL's developpers.

I used EL's event system.

For ads, I use Ads ingame and Forums.

Please don't troll this thread.
I talk to meculus and EL's developpers.

When and where was I trying to troll? :scratch2:

I was just trying to explain to you that EL's exposure is much higher than that of any in-game system. And that if I were running an event I would definitely use the services they offer. You said that you used EL for your August event, I understand that. What I was getting at was how much of your total income (1970,60 PED) came from the participants that saw the ad on EL. You might've easily been NEGATIVE on that event if you hadn't used EL. So my main point in this post is that you should either be willing to pony up and pay for some adverts on EL, or quit making events that you won't be able to profit from otherwise. I'm done replying now, take my advice, opinion, or criticism how ever you like.

When and where was I trying to troll? :scratch2:

I was just trying to explain to you that EL's exposure is much higher than that of any in-game system. And that if I were running an event I would definitely use the services they offer. You said that you used EL for your August event, I understand that. What I was getting at was how much of your total income (1970,60 PED) came from the participants that saw the ad on EL. You might've easily been NEGATIVE on that event if you hadn't used EL. So my main point in this post is that you should either be willing to pony up and pay for some adverts on EL, or quit making events that you won't be able to profit from otherwise. I'm done replying now, take my advice, opinion, or criticism how ever you like.

I don't think you have any data or any knowledge to judge if he would have been positive or negative doint this or doing that. So your comment are really useless.

Reactions: Jok
I don't think you have any data or any knowledge to judge if he would have been positive or negative doint this or doing that.

You are right, I don't have the data. However my post was purely speculative. Imagine that 10/20% I mentioned earlier, having the opposite affect on his profit by not having that publicity on EL, that is all I am getting at.

So your comment are really useless.

About as useless as your comment, no?

Post something pertaining to the subject of the thread next time.

(Crap, I posted again.)
Thanks for the neg rep too, it was lovely.
Bye.

Prize: -1000 PED
Fertilizer: -525 PED
Ads ingame: -45 PED
Total cost= -1570 PED
Total income= +1970,60 PED

Total profit= +400.60 PED

You have to compare that against what you usually make in a 31 day periode on your Landarea. If you profit more on your Landarea without having events - then perhaps you should not do events?
Or - perhaps its ok to loose money as a Landarea owner - just to get people to hunt on your landarea (with the PR that comes with that)..

I dont have the final answer in any specific case - im mearly pointing out there is a lot of factors to take into account. It is clear that it is not in our best interrest to make the system so expensive that no one will use it.

On the other hand - we have spent (and continue to) a lot of time developing, maintaining, supporting and paying for servers to be able to run Entropia Life.
If everyone who used it would pay 5 PED/month - we wouldent even have this discussion, but we do not feel that everyone should pay. It is the people who directly profit (or increase their profit from the services) that should pay....

That again leads back to "what should the price be".

Jok, we are still working out what the price structure will be.. perhaps we will lower the daily price, perhaps we will increase the discounts given for longer events.. perhaps we will do weekly increments (1 week 50 PED, 2 weeks 90 PED, 3 weeks 135 PED.. and so on)... we simply do not know yet .. as said before, we do value ALL input.

@ Starfinder

One question:

You want sell your service but did you ask authorization to MindArk?

----

On the other hand - we have spent (and continue to) a lot of time developing, maintaining, supporting and paying for servers to be able to run Entropia Life.

Me too, I paid my land a big price.
And it's normal i want make profit.

Last edited:
I only have a couple things to add to the thread:

This thread was put as a way to communicate with the community on a way for us to better the event system and provide a small amount of peds from the those who use our free site to profit in game by using our services. Those who use the system for profit and to advertise their services by paying a little make it possible to keep the site free for the rest of the community. I myself put countless hours in a week for support, help with development of new content and even while doing that must pay some out of pocket just so we can keep the servers running and keep additional support staff on hand so players do not have to wait any extended periods for help requests. Yes we offer the site for free and I want to personally thank those people who donate to the site (there are many of you) But as Starfinder pointed out if everyone gave a small amount we wouldn't have to charge for anything.

We are not forcing anyone to use our programs or our event system, we are trying to make added value to the site so when you do use our system and say it costs you between 5-10 ped ($.50-$1.00 USD) a day as a land area owner or event organizer it should more than cover that cost on your returns. If our system can allow you to have an additional 250 ped a day in hunting loot at a 4% tax rate that would pay for the 10 ped a day to have an event. If one hunter because of the system goes to your land area and does one 500 ped hunt and has a dismal 50% return on that 500 ped ammo hunt your fee for the entire day is paid for with just one hunt. If it ends up being only 5 ped a day than that is the equivalent of 125 ped of loot coming from your mobs. If your land area is doing less than 125 ped turnover a day please ask me personally for help so I can help you either sell it or find a way to keep it operational. (this would mean that you get a tax note only 1 time every 10 days or 3 times a month and your ROI on a LA that cost you 180,000 peds would be 100 years)

I would hope that your time is worth something (as I feel mine is) and that having a system that tracks all your players globals, takes automated screen shots, allows you to have an event where you do not have to spend hours a day tallying globals that you have to make avatars in game send you or post manual pics of each global that they got. It makes people want to come hunt your land for some prizes you are able to offer because you are able to get increased traffic. Paying a small fee for countless hours of work that is put in makes the site enhanced and more functional. (we all will probably make less 5 cents an hour) right now it costs us to provide services (EL has not made money ever, breaking even would be fantastic).

The bottom line here is give us your ideas, as a land area owner please profit from our hard work and dedication, as a player enjoy the free site and perks it offers.

entropialife is like a bus, those who use it to get somewhere need to pay a fare so the driver who is a volunteer can afford to put the gas in it to keep it running.

I value every player that plays EU from the person who sweats to the largest ubers, it takes all of us to make the game successful.

Thanks for your patronage!

Salty~

This is the new system were leaning towards currently, and I'd like input, I think this is a very good solution to all of the concerns brought up in this thread so far personally. Considering the large expense of in game events and the flexibility of this new system I hope this is a fair solution for everyone.

Base Layer, # of LA's:
1 LA = 5 PED per day
2-3 LA = 10 PED per day
4-7 LA = 15 PED per day
8+ LA's = 20 PED per day

Linear Discount:
0.1% off total price for each day over 10 days, maximum 30% discount
Example:
20 days = 1% off
60 days = 5% off
300 days = 30% off

Premium LA Manager:

2500 PED Annually:
1 event available at any time for 1 LA
10 weeks worth of Advertisment Credit
Viewability on both premium LA viewing features

Addons to Premium LA Manager:
2-3 LA's with up to 2 Simultaneous Events on them +500 PED
4-7 LA's with up to 3 Simultaneous Events on them +500 PED
8+ LA's with up to 4 Simultaneous Events on them +500 PED
Custom Data Feed options (contact for quote)

I like that better than my idea :)

The advertisement systems on EntropiaLife are actually very affordable and easy to manage. The maximum price for a banner that will be seen by all 20,000 users on EntropiaLife.com is 50 peds per week (nearing 3,000 unique viewers per day internally, meaning they have an account).

Advertisements within EL are significantly less expensive than typical web ads, and are targeted specifically at only people within EU. You can adjust the target audience of your ads as well, by selecting mobs from the menu, this will only target people that global on those mobs, so you're able to pay less if you just want to advertise to beginners (select argonaut, daikiba etc.) or just to high level players (eomon, malcruenter etc.) You can even track how many views on your advertisement as well as click throughs, which is then broken down to show you.

If you put 100 ads in the system, sure your ad will show more often, the same way it does through the in game banners, however with the traffic on Entropia Life, we think the value you get for your advertisements is extremely reasonable to the user.

This is a great advertising system... I wish I would have seen it sooner.
Question for you: The ads have to be EU related or can I advertise other businesses?

This is a great advertising system... I wish I would have seen it sooner.
Question for you: The ads have to be EU related or can I advertise other businesses?

We would very much prefer EU related advertisement, but if you are promoting something else - please shoot us a message prior to making the advertisment (use the onsite help center please)... We need to know that you are not adversing for something NSFW or likewise.. :)

Nice!

I want make an event in October.
But when i want create your cost is always of 10 ped per day.

No update since 1 month?

Gratz! :yup:

Nice!

I want make an event in October.
But when i want create your cost is always of 10 ped per day.

No update since 1 month?

Gratz! :yup:

Working on the systems now, feel free to create the event and I will credit you back 50% afterwords m8, Just pm me on Entropia Life.

Ok

I bought some ME at your shop at Twin.

What's the problem?

I haven't received my credits.
I can't create my event.
Yesterday i sent a support case.

How many time i must wait? :scratch2:

EDIT: Credits received.

Last edited:
I want make my event for november but you still have not changed the website
It is always 10 PED per day.
Shame on you, this is not a good work.

I want make my event for november but you still have not changed the website
It is always 10 PED per day.
Shame on you, this is not a good work.

If you don't like how EntropiaLife does things then make your own website and do it better, people will pay you instead - and on your own web site you can list events for free! :yup:

Zorander who are you?
EL's staff or just a troll?

Now we must pay to use EL services then now we must have a good service.

Jok,

Firstly I want to thank you for using entropialife.com for your event creations.
Secondly the new coding is in place but we are experiencing some bugs and want the release to be smooth.
Thirdly is we check support cases and are definitely trying to make the new event system good for you. I am sorry and apologize for the 5 ped difference still not being adjusted. Please feel free to make your event and I will be sure we get you some EL credits so the next event you make should be very close to paid for on us.

Cheers!

Salty

Back