What is best for me to upgrade from Gremlin?

WildChild

Dominant
Society
Global Alliance
Alexi WildChild Sonna
As title says, I have a full set of gremlin and 5b plates, My current goal is Aurli, Which Gremlin does good,

List of mobs I will/have hunted:
Rextelum
Aurli
Atrox
Allophyl
Leviathan
Araneatrox (LOL)
Second Entity Generation (LOL)

So.. Any clues on what armor would be my next one? (DONT LIKE L! And Wont get Viceroy!)
Bear? Boar? etc?

Small upgrade, but maybe jarhead?

My true opinion? Tiger (L).

But if you insist, then get that pedcard out and buy Jag/Tiger/Angel/Shadow unL. Boar/Bear are too little of an upgrade from Grem - may aswell just get some more HP.

My true opinion? Tiger (L).

But if you insist, then get that pedcard out and buy Jag/Tiger/Angel/Shadow unL. Boar/Bear are too little of an upgrade from Grem - may aswell just get some more HP.

The thing I don't like about L armors is the fact that I have to get new parts ALL THE TIME. With weapons, sure, Same with FAP but armor.. nu-uh.. Don't like the concept.

Maybe its time to start using monthly paycheck on eu :laugh:

Phantom, enough of an upgrade and any UL armour past that goes up in price significantly

Phantom, enough of an upgrade and any UL armour past that goes up in price significantly

As stated in the earlier post, What mobs does less DMG on Phantom than Gremlin?

A phantom is an upgraded gremlin, so, the very same mobs you are hunting right now will do less damage.

A phantom is an upgraded gremlin, so, the very same mobs you are hunting right now will do less damage.

Oh.. but how "much less"? I mean, is the couple of k peds inbetween worth the dmg reduction?

Jarhead.

If you afford it Phantom.

If PED are raining all over your head Angel.

The cheapest armor is dodge/evade. It's also the most efficient one.

If you can´t kill it in gremlin+5b, then the mob is to strong for you. When you do want to kill some bigger mobs get a couple of specialty L armors (polaris, t-bird, etc), as bigger mobs tend to have more uncommon damages types. Besides that skill on evade, fap and HP and you are good to go :)

Last edited:
If you can´t kill it in gremlin+5b, then the mob is to strong for you. When you do want to kill some bigger mobs get a couple of specialty armors (polaris, t-bird, etc), as bigger mobs tend to have more uncommon damages types. Besides that skill on evade, fap and HP and you are good to go :)

Might just depo everything I have and get AIMK2, Mod fap and Angel. #YOLO

Evade/dodge is the best armor : no decay and it give you skills.

And beside that, you might have trouble finding someone willing to separate from his/her mod fap/angel

Might just depo everything I have and get AIMK2, Mod fap and Angel. #YOLO

specialty *Limited* armors... the ones going for 102-110% are all good ecowise as well.

Interesting thread :)
Evade/dodge is awesome to have, that's for sure. And kinda agree that if Grem with proper plates isn't doing the job you need a friend or 2 to go after that mob.
Jag is awesome, bit expensive tho. Idea of L tiger (& maby jag) isn't that too bad either (tho fuzz to keep set together, i know)

I got jarhead when it first came out and sold my gremlin.
Haven't looked back and haven't regretted it once.
(and its currently about 1/2 the price of when I bought it)

There isnt anything as cheap as it in that range of armors.
Then like said you can afford some of the specialty (L) armors for unique mobs or bigger mob team hunts.

Stealth, Polaris, Thunderbird, etc.... just depending on what your doing.

5-10 more protection is significant when hunting 1k+hp mobs, esp when your evade and dps are still lowish.

Also I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that any time you are hunting a mob that does more than 1-5dmg through your armor that you pay someones decay to follow you around with an herb box. That will save you a ton on armor and regen.

Also I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that any time you are hunting a mob that does more than 1-5dmg through your armor that you pay someones decay to follow you around with an herb box. That will save you a ton on armor and regen.

So damn true :)

I already do this :D

The thing I don't like about L armors is the fact that I have to get new parts ALL THE TIME. With weapons, sure, Same with FAP but armor.. nu-uh.. Don't like the concept.

Maybe its time to start using monthly paycheck on eu :laugh:

Remember that L armours last a long time however, as they have reduced decay over unL.

Killing 1300 LT this migration (and a few other mobs here and there such as a thousand Marcimex), I used 2 full sets of Tiger (L) (1360ped decay).

So in total that cost between 1496 (110%) and 1632 (120%) ped. I'd reckon that more would have been spent through unL armour - and it was pretty easy to replace the pieces (had to run with some Jag gloves for a couple hunts but nothing major).

I have a somewhat different approach, I collect armors and whenever I hunt a mob I will do an armor+plate configuration that gives me just enough protection to kill one mob without fapping, allowing me to gain both evade and some fap skills, getting hit by 1 means that your are overprotected imo. Naturally my situation is a bit unique as I have over 2 dozens of low-mid level armors to play around with.

Jarhead is definately the new ''adj'' ghost, very priceworthy.

I have a somewhat different approach, I collect armors and whenever I hunt a mob I will do an armor+plate configuration that gives me just enough protection to kill one mob without fapping, allowing me to gain both evade and some fap skills, getting hit by 1 means that your are overprotected imo. Naturally my situation is a bit unique as I have over 2 dozens of low-mid level armors to play around with.

Jarhead is definately the new ''adj'' ghost, very priceworthy.

As long as you are taking more than minimum decay on your armor and plates, there is no such thing as 'over protected' and armor decay is cheaper per hp absorbed than fapping.

Choice 1 = 1.0 hits
Choice 2 = 5-10 hits w/ herb box behind you
Choice 3 = 50 hits w/ herb box behind you and periodically use your own big fap when your hp gets under 1/2
Choice 4 = 50-100 hits w/ bigger eco ul fap behind you
Choice 5 = 50-100 hits w/ herb box behind you and using your own big fap anytime you take a hit in the higher range.

This is based purely on the eco of cycling fast.
Sure you can heal yourself between mobs, but that takes time which I don't have :( (I can barely cycle 2k ped a day with a 75dps blade as it is)
So this is how I have decided to be able to cycle fast while still being eco about it.

been thinking about it, i would go phantom its an upgraded gremlin and goes great with 5b plates, you can handel many mobs in phantom, it is a bit pricy but if you wait patiently you can get most of the parts on the cheep if you watch the auctions daily you would be surprised how desperate people get when they need a ped fix and list their armor REALLY cheap just to get it to sell and often times they will be a even lower start bid, if you can afford to tie up a few peds for a few days id suggest you place a start bid if you see a part of phantom going for a really low price compared to the average MarkUp, you might not win the bid all the time but if you are persistent you can get the majority of the phantom set for very little cost compared to buying buyout parts.

if you have approximately 20k-23k (maybe less atm since you have an F avatar) burning a hole in your pocket, id jump to an angel set :)

in the mean time really work on that evade, its never too high lol i dont see much use for dodge atm MA seems persistent on keeping robot loot kinda iffy, however if you do find a robot with amazing MU loot work on that dodge by all means (and tell me which mob it is lol).

I'd stick to grem and focus on getting your cut,imp,stab up against bigger mobs few sets I'd look in to:

Jarhead +500
Laikon +4K
Phantom +3.6k
Emine +4-6K(remember seeing a sales thread but can't remember price,)

Jarhead: awesome price for that kind of cut imp stab, works on most mobs

Lakion: it's like mini angel with cold, 1 less cut imp stab then tiger

Phantom: a lot of imp and nice burn, with a fapper or using a rex2000 you could do segs

Emine: best armor against spiders 20,20,20 cut imp stab well balanced

On my phone so can't check entropedia but I think prices and facts are correct

Last edited:
Back