Sprinting

Eqric

Old
Hi.

Today i feel that the pvp action in Entropia Universe isn't that great.
It feels like its just shooting and healing and maybe run around in a circle to try to dodge a bullet, which almost fails every single time.

To add more dynamic into pvp, to be able to sprint for a certain amount of time, value is depending on skills, would make pvp a little more interesting. I am sure it isn't that time consuming to implement for the devs.

What do you think guys? Is this something you also would like to have?

Thought of this few days ago! Hell yeah

I want to resurrect this old topic to give credit where it's due. After playing most any other game, and returning to Entropia Universe, I often find myself wishing my avatar could sprint for a short period. Our current running speed seems adequate for long hauls (without using vehicles, anyway) but the game could be a lot more...*ahem*...dynamic if we could sprint for a bit. :yay:

I say dynamic because it would change gameplay in a number of ways.

-It could be employed strategically to help avoid dangerous mobs and possibly reach that turret;

-It could be used in PvP areas to make player hunting & avoiding more realistic, challenging and exciting;

-It could change hunting strategies a small amount;

-In large areas with several levels like Port Atlantis, it would just make maneuvering around the place a bit more efficient and less annoying.

I wouldn't propose the sprint duration to be very long, just a couple seconds; the duration and sprint speed could be based on a combination of an avatar's agility, stamina, dexterity, for example. Sprinting would have a cool-down period like after using a TP chip, too, so you couldn't sprint again for a certain refractory period.

Sprinting should be a feature across-the-board for all avatars, not something that could be only available through buffs or equipment; and should be determined only by a combination of an individual's abilities. Ubers shouldn't be able to sprint 24/7, for example. They would be able to sprint a bit faster and for a longer duration, maybe with a shorter refractory period, based on their better abilities, but not based on their gear or buffs.

Ideas?

PVP was shit in 2003 (gold) compared to 2003 games. It's still the same, while games have moved further away from it.

Unfortunately, for MA, development must be warranted by income - and PVP makes MA very little money compared to hunting/mining/crafting.

That's all very true...but I still would like to be able to sprint for short distances. :cool:

Why stop at sprinting?

Sorry Mindark, your devs accidentally showed a screen print a few years back that indicated you where using products like motionbuilder behind the scenes... that type of product makes almost anything possible animation wise in game...

Hell, that program even had free animations available before Autodesk bought it from Kaydara...

oops sorry, forgot we are talking about Mindark... where the way buildings are created is to merge together a few small instances, so you can't even see something sticking out of a wall from the other side of the wall half of the time, or there's 'dead zones' in the buildings where certain things don't work since it's all cobbled together... causing invisible walls, etc. of interesting things like this since pets can't even accurately cross certain 'dead zones' in buildings, so a mirror copy of them gets created on the back buffer.
entropia_2017-06-21_18.41.41.jpg

I'm imagining Mindark trying to do parkour in game would be a horrible idea on second thought...

Last edited:
reminder of what happens when Mindark starts messing with things in game for better animations, lighting, etc:

At least the shadows looked accurate! :laugh:

Back